Euro 2020 : Semi finals and final

BOF

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wellll.... So assuming we beat Denmark Southgate will now decide to sit back and defend for 70 minutes until Italy are tired and then bring on a fast runner.

You can see it now.

I’m not sure. They sat deeper and deeper - if he doesn’t start only one man will come on to bring it home…

Just now, Davkaus said:

As soon as the whistle is blown, the keeper should be allowed to charge down the penalty taker. Also, they should each be armed with a melee weapon. 

Not a glock then?

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Southgate master rotator for the win, fresh legs for England, genius.

I think it could just be you know 

Italy look like they have the issue that their front 3 can't finish a game, berardi looks okish belotti doesn't look good enough to me (winner incoming) and bernadeschi looks way off

I think we can get at their full backs too

They no longer look unbeatable, Spain should have won that 

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Those little hops and pauses are absolute bullshit when goalkeepers are forced to be stuck to their line.

Utter BS.  Another example of no common sense.  The rule was put in place of no stopping originally to stop the taker trying to make the keeper move before the shot.  Those massive stutters in run ups do the same.  Needs cutting out.

Anyway they've been the best team overall.  Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Think I'd rather play Italy over Spain. But it's tough to call. Both were good really. 

Italy's fitness called into question but England will need to play more of a pressing game if we conquer Denmark.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Not a glock then?

This is a physical sporting contest, don't be ridiculous. I'm thinking anything with a blade or crushing surface less than 9" in length. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

This is a physical sporting contest, don't be ridiculous. I'm thinking anything with a blade or crushing surface less than 9" in length. 

Bow and arrow then?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Any football coach of kids should show video of Morata on how not to take a penalty. So telegraphed

He did everything right, except for hit it hard at the opposite corner. Classic finishing from him.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think it could just be you know 

Italy look like they have the issue that their front 3 can't finish a game, berardi looks okish belotti doesn't look good enough to me (winner incoming) and bernadeschi looks way off

I think we can get at their full backs too

They no longer look unbeatable, Spain should have won that 

Agree pal, just the small matter of Denmark who have something other worldly going on since Ericson. 

Got a feeling we will unleash the Grealish tomorrow night who will see us through and get MOTM and get dropped for the final, joking aside though, we can do this.

Fantastic game. I’m sweating, and when the (immense) quality dropped off as legs grew tired, it made up for it with drama. Even when they’re cynical and dirty, Italy are still elegant and fun. I have to feel a bit sorry for Spain and Luis Enrique, though. They played a brilliant game and got their tactics spot on. Still, the best team overall throughout the tourney are now in the final. I’m happy about that. 

I wish I could keep as cool as Jorginho. That was almost rude how cool that pen was. 

• Like 1

Â