Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -

MaVilla

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

is it even possible to arrange an alternative team at such short notice or do you think it will be played at a later date if we do get an alternative?

I guess we will find out. Either its tomorrow or not at all with 1 week to go for start of season.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

How on earth would I know? 

Agreed. It'll still happen. 

Miserable. But it has happened before due to weather conditions, so it won't be particularly unique. 

I haven't expressed either support for or against restrictions, just wondering why you think 21/22 will be defined as the 'covid season' as opposed to the last two seasons? 

i disagree. i think games will go ahead. got some covid cases in your team? tough tits. games are actually seldom postponed for weather...we played bolton during the beast from the east. it takes very extreme weather to postpone a fixture nowadays

so i think it will be the covid season because players will be isolating due to covid but teams will be required to play the fixture.

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Just play another Premiership team 

This is the most sensible option. There must be someone else due to play foreign opponents this weekend who can't due to the same or similar scenario?

1 minute ago, Beastmix said:

This is so depressing. I don't care if we have to play the U18s, just give me a reason to use my train ticket.

We're going into Birmingham anyway. Come meet us for beers!

Thing is we can't get a Football League club as they start tomorrow.

It's got to be another PL team or another foreign team who will be prepared to travel last minute.  Solihull Moors maybe?  They're supposed to be playing Leamington, maybe we can send our under 23s to Leamington or something    At least with the gate receipts we can probably offer someone some decent enough wedge

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i disagree. i think games will go ahead. got some covid cases in your team? tough tits. games are actually seldom postponed for weather...we played bolton during the beast from the east. it takes very extreme weather to postpone a fixture nowadays

so i think it will be the covid season because players will be isolating due to covid but teams will be required to play the fixture.

That Bolton game should absolutely not have gone ahead. Not that I am complaining particularly, it was an experience! We had two other games postpone that month, IIRC?

Having Covid will be treated like a short term injury. Even if you're not ill, which is ridiculous of course but here we are. I don't see the impact being anywhere near as great as it was the last 2 seasons. 

Man City "friendly"? We could make it a Grealish testimonial, maybe ask if Ciaran Clark(e) can come in and play in defense for us :crylaugh:

Honestly thou this is terrible news, our pre-season has been absolute shambles. We are not alone in this thou.

Â