Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

a few prem teams are playing spanish teams this weekend...burnley, brighton, a few others i forget

wonder if any others are cancelled

Hopefully, so then we could play one of them.

2 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Damn it. Had the train booked from Cardiff and the tickets are non-refundable... sixty-odd quid down the drain.

it's this sort of thing. i dont see how they will postpone league games this season for covid

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

If there's to be a replacement game will probably be a non league team as their season doesn't start for a couple of weeks.

surely not. some 36 year old national league lummox clatters ollie and puts him out for months

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Can anyone try to go the website and still see if you can buy tickets? Surely they need to suspend that asap.

sounds like they're trying to get a replacement opponent according to preece

3 minutes ago, useless said:

If there's to be a replacement game will probably be a non league team as their season doesn't start for a couple of weeks.

I'd imagine all have games scheduled the sat before the season starts. I know Solihull are at Leamington.

Premier League clubs play non league teams in pre season all the time, no more risk of our players getting injured against such a team than playing someone like Walsall.

Edited by useless

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

because how long does it go on for?

How on earth would I know? 

last season they were playing around restrictions. stadiums were still empty. postponing games was far easier, logisitcally

Agreed. It'll still happen. 

imagine cancelling a PL game on the eve before a game when 40k+ fans are due to attend

Miserable. But it has happened before due to weather conditions, so it won't be particularly unique. 

I haven't expressed either support for or against restrictions, just wondering why you think 21/22 will be defined as the 'covid season' as opposed to the last two seasons? 

Â