Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -

MaVilla

Assuming the entire squad will be back for this game???, apart from Luiz who i assume will be on leave after the Olympics?, what would your lineup be?

Mine would be:

Martinez

Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Nakamba

Bailey - Buendia - Grealish

Watkins

our midfield duo seriously need an upgrade lol, hopefully Luiz isnt on leave to long, and Sanson comes back soon, but darn, we really need 1 signing in the MC/DM area i think.

The front 4 is like a Ferrari, the midfield duo is a bit.....1960s Ford Cortina.

21 hours ago, MaVilla said:

what do you think the attendance might be?, im tempted to take the family.

I thought it would sell out, but it doesn't look like it'll get near that - there are still tickets available just about everywhere in the ground.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought it would sell out, but it doesn't look like it'll get near that - there are still tickets available just about everywhere in the ground.

Thank feck, absolutely desperate to grab a ticket once 5pm rolls around.

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed these final pre season matches we seemed to play against top flight foreign teams over the last decade or so - I've been to see Inter Milan, Parma (i think it was them?), Valencia and I think one more good team at VP before. This one will probably be the hardest one yet, they are going to have Lamela in their team and are fairly solid all around the pitch. Cheap tickets and good standard opposition, whats not to like?

I would have thought that tickets would have shifted a bit more though, especially as there won't be many occasions for non season ticket holders to go to games this year. Maybe we will have a lot of walk-ups on the day, It is the school holidays aswell and the more casual villa fans or those looking to take children for the first time might not be aware the game is on or will turn up on the day

Edited by Villatillidie95

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

The General sale web link open for anyone yet?  Keep refreshing the page but just get the "coming soon" button.

Not sure they've opened it yet, I'm trying to buy 2 more for friends (I've bought mine already) but still saying I can only get 1 ticket.

• Like 1

Not sure what’s to get excited for really. Yes it’s a big Spanish club coming to town , but it’s hardly Barca or Real is it. Friendly games are usually a bit lame and a lot of people will be on holiday. You’ll potentially lose thousands of people that would want to go but are away on holiday. 30k would be a very good crowd . 

• Like 1

Managed to get on and get mine in the end.  Getting to tick Sevilla off the to-watch list - against Villa no less - makes me a very happy camper.  Plus I've not had a trip up to Brum for ages, even before Covid kicked off.  Gonna make a whole day of it, maybe go to one of those curry places with the giant naans after.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Managed to get on and get mine in the end.  Getting to tick Sevilla off the to-watch list - against Villa no less - makes me a very happy camper.  Plus I've not had a trip up to Brum for ages, even before Covid kicked off.  Gonna make a whole day of it, maybe go to one of those curry places with the giant naans after.

Sizzling Mixed Grill at the Hen and Chickens in Hockley. 

• Thanks 1

Â