Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -

MaVilla

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Move to a Sunday - then the noses - nothing better to boost morale !!!!

Nah, too old to be meeting up in a pub offside at 6am in the morning 

43 minutes ago, birdman said:

FFS I'm refreshing this now more than the Grealish thread yesterday. When will it end. 

Never my image.jpeg.ec7ea12935e9e76e8ff216dd60364df7.jpeg

pretty

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It would make far more sense to set something up for Sunday instead

I suspect they are trying to match peoples existing travel arrangements etc

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I suspect they are trying to match peoples existing travel arrangements etc

I mean, if they can't and they leave it till 7pm tonight to postpone that will be even worse. We shall see. Maybe they are confident. 

They're leaving it so late to announce it as a training session. Oh and a meet and greet with the new signing they'll announce at the same time*

*This may not be true

Edited by stewiek2

What bright spark suggested small **** heath? They've got a league game Saturday night at 8pm, and apart from that they're words removed who shouldn't be breathing our oxygen.

Just now, rjw63 said:

What bright spark suggested small **** heath? They've got a league game Saturday night at 8pm, and apart from that they're words removed who shouldn't be breathing our oxygen.

Mate 

• Haha 2

Fans who purchased tickets for the friendly will be issued a full refund next week but are invited to attend the training session free of charge using the same ticket and sitting in the same seat they purchased for the friendly. Refunds will be issued to the lead booker of each transaction and back to the method of payment used to purchase the tickets.

Supporters who bought hospitality for the game are also welcome to attend tomorrow’s open training session and will be contacted separately about their arrangements.

Supporters in attendance tomorrow will be able to watch the players train as well as hearing from Head Coach Dean Smith and the club’s summer signings live on the pitch. No further ticket sales will be available for the open training session.

Despite our best efforts, the club were unable to find a team to replace Sevilla for tomorrow’s friendly at such short notice and apologise for any inconvenience caused to our supporters.

AVFC

I think this is the worst preparation for a new season i have ever seen & by some distance too. It's truly been attrocious. Two postponed games, key player leaving just before the big KO and the replacements without a single game to get used to their new situation. 

This is gonna be some rude awakening i fear at Watford.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Each to their own but I can't be arsed to go to Villa Park to watch a training session.

Ye. It's a shame that it cant be somewhere in between a match and training. Like have the squad split in two teams, in home and away shirts, kick off 3pm.

I'm not sure I can be bothered going through with the journey and all to see el Ghazi do shuttle runs.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

What a surprise. Should have done this straight away rather than faffing about all day.

Why?  What harm has been caused by spending 5 hours trying do the best for the fans who had already made arrangements to attend?  It wasn't to be, but fair play to those involved in trying to make it happen.

Edited by chomer
typo
  • Like 1

Â