Jump to content

Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -


MaVilla
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly don't think pre season games carry the same importance as they used to. With sports science being where it is, you probably don't need to play games anymore to become 'match fit'. 

psychologically it might have been useful though. we had 10k fans at chelsea but tomorrow there was going to be about 35k. for many of the players it's the first time they've been playing in front of a big crowd in a very long time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly don't think pre season games carry the same importance as they used to. With sports science being where it is, you probably don't need to play games anymore to become 'match fit'. 

There's gelling new players too. A lot of what happens on the pitch is instinctual (ex: knowing where certain players will be), through practice.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I honestly don't think pre season games carry the same importance as they used to. With sports science being where it is, you probably don't need to play games anymore to become 'match fit'. 

Team cohesion, practicing tactics and learning strengths and weaknesses thou.

Agree about the fitness part.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 minute ago, birdman said:

Aston Villa v VillaTalk? 

I'll happily play! 😂

I don't speak Japanese but I volunteer to be the set piece coach.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

There's gelling new players too. A lot of what happens on the pitch is instinctual (ex: knowing where certain players will be), through practice.

You can do this behind closed doors. Appreciate it's not the same as a live game environment, but it would have been only one game regardless with hardly any prep for Ings/Bailey beforehand, that is if Bailey is even fit enough to play? 

Basically, I wouldn't worry too much. They won't have learned a great deal in one pre-season friendly that they can't learn and work on behind closed doors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

psychologically it might have been useful though. we had 10k fans at chelsea but tomorrow there was going to be about 35k. for many of the players it's the first time they've been playing in front of a big crowd in a very long time.

Far more important for the fans than it would be the players, IMO. But I hear you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Club confirms its in negotiations with replacement.

3 guesses each…I’m going for…Wolves, Leicester and Leverkusen

Wolves playing Celta Vigo I think

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Club confirms its in negotiations with replacement.

3 guesses each…I’m going for…Wolves, Leicester and Leverkusen

Ah there seems to be a German Cup tomorrow. Bayern aren’t in that round though so wildcard FC Bayern.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â