Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -

MaVilla

This is a friendly that should attract a decent crowd. Having been to quite a few over the years, I would think a crowd that is above 20,000, but below 30,000 is most likely. 

8 minutes ago, John said:

This is a friendly that should attract a decent crowd. Having been to quite a few over the years, I would think a crowd that is above 20,000, but below 30,000 is most likely. 

I'd have thought much more than that, 30-40k region. But its very difficult to gauge.

2 hours ago, turvontour said:

I'd have thought much more than that, 30-40k region. But its very difficult to gauge.

I hope you are right and I agree it is difficult to guess in advance. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have lived in the USA for too long, I thought for a moment this was tomorrow :)

(they do the dates wrong over here, MM//DD/YY for some bizarre reason vs the DD/MM/YY as ordained by God and all things righteous)

Yes, it took a bit of getting used to when we frequently spent time over there, that and driving on the other side of the street. It doesn't take much to confuse me though. :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have lived in the USA for too long, I thought for a moment this was tomorrow :)

(they do the dates wrong over here, MM//DD/YY for some bizarre reason vs the DD/MM/YY as ordained by God and all things righteous)

I honestly thought the game was today, I was so excited :lol: 

• Like 2

On 03/07/2021 at 14:43, The Fun Factory said:

I think it was literally days before MON flounced out.

Also played Fiorentina one year?

went to both the games, remember the valencia game being on ITV4 too for some reason. Anyone know what the florentina and valencia lineups was when they played us?

On 17/07/2021 at 10:56, ender4 said:

So do friendly games attract a big crowd?  Isn’t it just a glorified training match?

Would both sides play their first 11?

Depends on our optimism. If we are allowed to go I think it will be  at least 30,000 minimum given its over 12 months since the majority of us have been to a proper match. We got 36,000 v Inter Milan years ago in the early Lerner days. Some of the later friendlies versus italian or spanish clubs got gates more like 20-25,000.

No it is a friendly but is the last game before the start of the season so they will be nearly match sharp. I expect to see all of our players back by then even those who have been involved in the Euros.

Â