Match is OFF: Open training session replaces Villa vs Sevilla - 07.08.21 @ 15:00 (Villa Park) -

MaVilla

Sevilla have been a very good side as of late, they were still in the title hunt in Spain with a couple of games to go last year. This will be a really good test for us just before the season starts and it’s good to see us attracting some of the big(ish) names to VP. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Exciting! Going to try for tickets for this, I assume ST holders will have priority, but they might make it to general sale… you never know.

Back in the day we rarely sold out pre seasons usually about 20-25,000.

When we played Inter I think we got 35,000 but that was a glamour game to see the cream of European talent- and Nigel Reo Coker.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Exciting! Going to try for tickets for this, I assume ST holders will have priority, but they might make it to general sale… you never know.

I'd imagine general sale is very likely.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I presume they are hoping for a crowd for this one?

Which Spanish team did we play in a pre season under Lambert I can't remember now? Was it Malaga?

Yep, we played Malaga before the 13/14 season. That was just after Pellegrini had left for Man City and Isco had left for Real Madrid. I think we played Parma the season after that as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Back in the day we rarely sold out pre seasons usually about 20-25,000.

When we played Inter I think we got 35,000 but that was a glamour game to see the cream of European talent- and Nigel Reo Coker.

Yeah I remember going to preseason in 2008/9ish… can’t remember who we played just that VP was virtually empty! I don’t think that’ll be the way this time around though. Fingers crossed can get tickets though 

2 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

Yep, we played Malaga before the 13/14 season. That was just after Pellegrini had left for Man City and Isco had left for Real Madrid. I think we played Parma the season after that as well.

I went to a very  pre season game about 15 years ago at the Millennium stadium at Cardiff. It was Barcelona V Parma. Barca won I think.

Edited by The Fun Factory

We played Inter Milan in 2007 and won 3-0, crowd was well over 30k and they had likes of Zlatan upfront and Luis Figo coming on as a sub.

Think that's the only pre season home game (regular at the Walsall one) I've ever been to unless the Intertoto counts.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We played Inter Milan in 2007 and won 3-0, crowd was well over 30k and they had likes of Zlatan upfront and Luis Figo coming on as a sub.

Think that's the only pre season home game (regular at the Walsall one) I've ever been to unless the Intertoto counts.

Zlatan the prick did a two footer on Laursen that luciiky just missed

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I presume they are hoping for a crowd for this one?

Which Spanish team did we play in a pre season under Lambert I can't remember now? Was it Malaga?

We played Valencia one year as well but not sure which manager 

I completely missed these games being announced! I quite fancy this Sevilla game, should hopefully have some general sale tickets available. 

The last preseason friendly I went to was Middlesborough, got my first look at Tshibola ahead of our first championship season. Remember thinking he looked decent, and the basis for that being that he actually looked up and forward when he got the ball 😂 shows how far we’ve come since then. 

General sale will be interesting. 

A lot will depend on what sort of licence the club are granted for attendance - if it's not a full attendance event, then general sale becomes more unlikely.

I think it'll also depend on what the club does with memberships between now and then and maybe what happens at the Euros.

If we end up with a 30,000 capacity to sell to 30,000 season ticket holders and 20,000 members that want to greet Euro finals winning goalscorer Jack Grealish back to Villa Park then there will be absolutely no chance of a general sale.

If we get a full capacity then I'd think there's a good chance there will be some tickets on general sale.

I reckon we'll sell this out - for the general sale crowd, this will probably be the only chance of the season to get to Villa Park. Demand to see this club is higher than it's been at any other point in my lifetime and I'm old.

6 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Will this be streamed on AVTV? I’ve backed Sevilla as my Spanish club, this is exceptionally interesting to me

All the preseason games are on Villa TV thankfully, according to the last FCG meeting

On 03/07/2021 at 14:26, OutByEaster? said:

General sale will be interesting. 

A lot will depend on what sort of licence the club are granted for attendance - if it's not a full attendance event, then general sale becomes more unlikely.

I think it'll also depend on what the club does with memberships between now and then and maybe what happens at the Euros.

If we end up with a 30,000 capacity to sell to 30,000 season ticket holders and 20,000 members that want to greet Euro finals winning goalscorer Jack Grealish back to Villa Park then there will be absolutely no chance of a general sale.

If we get a full capacity then I'd think there's a good chance there will be some tickets on general sale.

I reckon we'll sell this out - for the general sale crowd, this will probably be the only chance of the season to get to Villa Park. Demand to see this club is higher than it's been at any other point in my lifetime and I'm old.

And welcoming Martinez back!

Would imagine full capacity now then, and tickets will go on sale in next week or so?

Â