Stoke City vs Aston Villa - 24.07.21 @15:00

MaVilla

Just now, MaVilla said:

Nakamba is a good "pure" DM but he lacks any real passing ability, McGinn also lacks composure, El Ghazi....i just cant be bothered lol.

If we don’t buy a decent defensive midfielder this summer, we’ll have really missed an opportunity to push on. We need a DMC and a AMC. It’s so painfully obvious. 

• Like 3

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we don’t buy a decent defensive midfielder this summer, we’ll have really missed an opportunity to push on. We need a DMC and a AMC. It’s so painfully obvious. 

yep....100% agree.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree tbh, he works hard, he's a great character, but he cant pass for toffee and lacks composure.

However, i have no doubt he will be one of the first names on the team sheet, seems to be one of Dean's favourites.

Lol, he's so unbelievably lazy defensively. I managed to watch the last 5 minutes of the half and twice in that time had a Stoke passed the ball beyond him and he just walked/jogged back rather than sprinting to get in position. 

He just doesn't care about anything but those highlight presses. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

I agree tbh, he works hard, he's a great character, but he can pass for toffee and lacks composure.

However, I have no doubt he will be one of the first names on the team sheet, which seems to be one of Dean's favourites.

I think he is better at ACM roles than CM where he excels at this as winner ball at front foot, and turn ball quick ping to the striker, long shot, running into the box, hold ball bring the player to forward to set rhythm to control games.

I think he is good cm but a bit limited for playing his strength.

• Like 1

I think McGinn is still looked on as a part of the spine together with Mings and Grealish by the coaching staff.

All 3 of them still un droppable I think.

I agree though. I don't think McGinn is good enough anymore

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We need Leon Bailey. I want explosive pace instead of Anwar please

I just want a player where it isn't like red or black at the roulette as to whether he is going to successfully trap the ball.

• Haha 1

Disjointed.

I thought Young was good, Watkins too, Buendia did well and Bogarde was decent.

Nakamba gives you everything he's got, and Cash and El Ghazi have shown lots of energy albeit without much in the way of quality at the end of it.

Steer looks a little shaky, Ramsey did okay but is still very young, the worry for me is McGinn, what he's done he's done well, but he used to do three times this amount of stuff. 

Work for the second half team to do.

Our moves are breaking down too easily, not creating much in the way of chances to test their keeper. Bogarde, and Nakamba the best players along with McGInn, Aaron Ramsey has done okay too especially considering he doesn't normally play out wide.

Been terribly pre season this. Steer's had a howler for the goal but not much good or bad happening otherwise.

Marvelous has been good, some nice first time passing from him as well as what you expect of him. El Ghazi been the biggest disappointment for me, moves are constantly breaking down with him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  not sure what to think about that 

It was really poor.

Some horrendous individual performances. McGinn is maybe just never getting over that ankle injury, he can't move.

What on earth we're doing pinging a corner to the edge of the box like we're pissing about 5-0 up I don't know. Isn't pre-season to practice and try things out? Is that one of our primary plans from corners, to bloody knock it to the edge and shoot?!

Â