Stoke City vs Aston Villa - 24.07.21 @15:00

MaVilla

So, on the two games we've had so far, I'd say our current pre-season best eleven is:

-----------------------Sinisalo------------------------

Cash--------Konsa--------Hause------Young

------------------------Nakamba--------------------

-------------J Ramsey----Hourihane----------

Buendia----------------------------------El Ghazi

-----------------------Watkins------------------------

With maybe Bogarde and Targett unlucky.

There are players who wold expect to be in there that will need to show their quality over the next couple of pre-season games.

Plenty of players to come back and hopefully some movement in the market in key positions.

On we go...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m watching the game but crucially missed about 15 mins which included the sending off. So what was that all about and why aren’t Dean and JT at the game? 

Im manic depressive today so let me explain thru my eyes todays going's on....Wesley cant play anymore so  he headbutts a random stoke player..Dean and JT have signed up to manage bristol city on the qt.....Grealish has signed a 30yr contract with manchester shitty and we have no midfield..and its 3 weeks to kick off in premier league..where is my medication!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Jeezus, just noticed. Is this the size of the numbers we are going to have on the back of the kits this season? Absolutely enormous.

Kappa logos on the shorts are oversized too, look even worse on the claret shorts.

1 minute ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Im manic depressive today so let me explain thru my eyes todays going's on....Wesley cant play anymore so  he headbutts a random stoke player..Dean and JT have signed up to manage bristol city on the qt.....Grealish has signed a 30yr contract with manchester shitty and we have no midfield..and its 3 weeks to kick off in premier league..where is my medication!!

go away gtfo GIF

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Big concerns, for the third season running, about our strength in depth.

Depends on your expections. We aren't yet ready to have a second string equal to the first 11.

So long as Martinez, Grealish, Watkins stay fit we should be mid table ish at worst.

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Big concerns, for the third season running, about our strength in depth.

Don’t you read the threads, general jist is that we only need 11 quality players…you can’t have options or competition.  Hopefully some will realise that isn’t the case.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Nothing to get over concerned about then. Hand the bottle of little red pills over when you’ve done with them please mate. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well that didn't take long for the melodramatic post to return. Can't even make it through pre-season without people starting to lose it.

You talking about big Wes ? 

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well that didn't take long for the melodramatic post to return. Can't even make it through pre-season without people starting to lose it.

Did you watch it? It might be because it cost us £5

I don’t read much into friendlies but that was as bad as it gets. Awful for pretty much the whole game. We desperately need a proper DM to be a leader in there. Thought Chunk looked decent and Davis put himself about but other than that the rest were poor.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Depends on your expections. We aren't yet ready to have a second string equal to the first 11.

So long as Martinez, Grealish, Watkins stay fit we should be mid table ish at worst.

Then Grealish, Martinez and Watkins will leave at the end of next season wanting to play European/Champions League football and clubs will want to buy them.  If they don’t stay fit we could be a bottom half of the table team.

Just now, nick76 said:

Don’t you read the threads, general jist is that we only need 11 quality players…you can’t have options or competition.  Hopefully some will realise that isn’t the case.

We can't afford/attract first team level players as squad players just yet.  Our season rests on key players being in form and avoiding injury.

• Like 1

Â