Stoke City vs Aston Villa - 24.07.21 @15:00

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Yep two pre-season games (1 and a bit) is a chance.

I was obviously overstating the point for effect, but the headbut/strangle combo was a little unprofessional. Fitness and form you can forgive but attitude wise that was ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope it wasn't the sort of verbal we all hate, I might be wrong but it looked like nothing.

It looked Wes was determined to kick off - it didn't look instinctive - it was almost as though Wes thought about it 

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Gut feeling, something racial, based on nothing at all.

No I don't think so. Wes would have made the point of saying that to the ref or kicking off about being sent off. 

He just decided to be a prick. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Ollie not been on it today.

Another reason to have a player like Tammy at Villa so we have always got a player out of the two of them scoring in case one has s bad time.

Wesley as well I can't believe he went off like that, we need a player not a fighter, our backs up are terrible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I haven’t watched the game but a quick spin through this thread tells me it’s not been worth paying to watch. You can’t read too much into preseason, its all about fitness at this stage. 

Wes has done himself no favours with the red though. 

I disagree, how can 45 minutes of a friendly be all about fitness? We should be taking much much more from friendlies, we can do fitness in training

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

It looked Wes was determined to kick off - it didn't look instinctive - it was almost as though Wes thought about it 

Damnit, what's wrong with the bugger then. Absolute clown there today then.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Powell appears to stand on his foot and lean into him as a bit of afters to the challenge before. No excuse though

Now you've said I can see that too, stands on his foot, doesnt deserve the reaction alone though 

Just now, DCJonah said:

No I don't think so. Wes would have made the point of saying that to the ref or kicking off about being sent off. 

He just decided to be a prick. 

Yes he had a pop at a Villa player as well before that incident didn't he?

To me it looks like he didn't want to be involved today and and was looking for a way out.

Â