Stoke City vs Aston Villa - 24.07.21 @15:00

MaVilla

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Think we're seeing today the influence Deano and JT have.

????????

Loosing 2-0 away at Stoke - and our returning striker sent off ? - pretty sure neither DS or JT will claim there was their influence.

1 minute ago, Paulie said:

How the hell do you get a red card in a friendly

Why would a ref give a red card in a preseason non-tournament?  It’s a fitness exercise surely in this kind of situation they’d be some agreement that only yellows given out or worse case the offending team would have to sub that player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Time for Tammy Abraham then?

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Nah, apparently Wakins will never pick up an injury or fall out of form...  Ever...  We don't need another striker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Time for Tammy Abraham then?

Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

Yeah, the whole give Wes a chance thing has aged like cold sick. Sorry about that. 

Alvarez in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This is why we need a leader in there. I don’t see any of McGinn, Luiz or Nakamba being vocal enough to drive us forward from midfield. Not seen enough of Sanson either, but if we had another player with Mings’ character in a DM role it would stop teams walking through us, and would also mean that Martinez doesn’t have to save the most shots of any PL keeper in the league.

Couldn’t agree more, Sanson will need time once he’s fit. He was an odd signing for me. Not sure he’s the type of player that we needed but hopefully he comes good.

• Like 1

The only positive from this is it may speed our transfer business up.

Stupid from Wes. Deserved red. Probably frustration that he's not where he needs to be fitness wise.

We're behind these fitness wise, so no need to panic, but it aint been good. At all.

I hate Stoke.  

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Couldn’t agree more, Sanson will need time once he’s fit. He was an odd signing for me. Not sure he’s the type of player that we needed but hopefully he comes good.

Yeah - I bet those clubs we beat too Sanson are gutted now ! 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

????????

Loosing 2-0 away at Stoke - and our returning striker sent off ? - pretty sure neither DS or JT will claim there was their influence.

You misread what I wrote. I meant that their influence on the team is lacking today was my point. as in I think we'd be playing and defending from the front better if they'd been there

Edited by stewiek2

Well we’ve learned very little today, other than perhaps we have a lot of work ahead of us. We are defending poorly as a team, and ball retention is also poor, I did expect that to be much better than it is.

Just now, hippo said:

Yeah - I bet those clubs we beat too Sanson are gutted now ! 

Why do you do this? Constantly trolling our own players is just weird.

• Like 1

Â