Walsall vs Aston Villa - 21.07.21 @19:30

MaVilla

Lovely to get to a game.

The gap between our reserves and U23s and League 2 is immense, and therefore anything else is kinda in that context. 

Clearly, getting 45 minutes under everyones belt is good. Plus, you could start to see the chemistry between certain players taking shape, particularly Cash, Buendia and Watkins.  

I also thought that Young looked very assured in the first half, and that Revan showed himself to be able to play at CB, as he's listed as a LB - and for an 18 year old, he did well given they started stong, then fell away.

In the second half, Chisrene, Guilbert, Bidace and Aaron Ramsey looked lively in particular.

Downsides - Wesley still looks off the pace, but the 45 minutes probably did him good. And Hourihane was almost anonymous . 
Note to self - don't park on the onsite car park again!

6 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

Lovely to get to a game.

The gap between our reserves and U23s and League 2 is immense, and therefore anything else is kinda in that context. 

Clearly, getting 45 minutes under everyones belt is good. Plus, you could start to see the chemistry between certain players taking shape, particularly Cash, Buendia and Watkins.  

I also thought that Young looked very assured in the first half, and that Revan showed himself to be able to play at CB, as he's listed as a LB - and for an 18 year old, he did well given they started stong, then fell away.

In the second half, Chisrene, Guilbert, Bidace and Aaron Ramsey looked lively in particular.

Downsides - Wesley still looks off the pace, but the 45 minutes probably did him good. And Hourihane was almost anonymous . 
Note to self - don't park on the onsite car park again!

Did it cost ya? I always park by Donalds and walk through only 5 mins.

Having looked at the Villa on Tour footage I'm shocked by how few Walsall fans went.  They could have given us 3 of the sides realistically. 

You would think playing us and the first chance they've had to get to see them in over a year would encourage them in, but no. 

Mental.

Edited by sidcow

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Having looked at the Villa on Tour footage I'm shocked by how few Walsall fans went.  They could have given us 3 of the sides realistically. 

You would think playing us and the first chance they've had to get to see them in over a year would encourage them in, but no. 

Mental.

I'm not sure I'd be overly keen on paying to see an annual thrashing, by a club that I despised, in a somewhat irrelevant friendly. That's the unfortunate realty for the majority of Walsall fans.

There may have been a couple of hundred more in the home end if Grealish was playing. 

Â