Walsall vs Aston Villa - 21.07.21 @19:30

MaVilla

9 hours ago, wedge said:

Usually what happens is we sell the stand behind the goal and one down the entire length of the pitch, then the other side stand blocks nearest the away end are opened to Villa fans as well, but not sure this will happen with COVID etc.

Crikey, do non of their fans want to watch the Mighty Villa. 

10 hours ago, wedge said:

Usually what happens is we sell the stand behind the goal and one down the entire length of the pitch, then the other side stand blocks nearest the away end are opened to Villa fans as well, but not sure this will happen with COVID etc.

Ye but I dont think we've got the whole of that side stand yet, prob a third along or max up to the half way line.

Shame as I'd imagine thale ground will be half full. Unless villa fans buy loads in the Walsall end.

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So who won't be available?

Is it just the international bunch that won't be back? 

Grealish, Mings, Luiz and Martinez?

Seems to be the case.

No Sanson or Traore either most likely. 

• Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 14:36, turvontour said:

Wow! Surely receive a few thousand more.

Just get one off Walsall website and sit in the side stands with thousands of other Villa mate.

• Like 1

I guess no McGinn either, so....

-----------------------------------------------------Steer/Sinisalo----------------------------------------------

Cash/Guilbert----------Bogarde/Konsa--------Hause/Swinkels--------Young/Targett

--------------------------------------------------------Nakamba--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Chukwuemeka------------J Ramsey/A Ramsey-------------------

Buendia/Bidace--------------------------------------------------------------------------El Ghazi/Barry

--------------------------------------------------Watkins/Wesley---------------------------------------------

A bit thin in the middle if no McGinn, Luiz and Sanson, but with those three and Martinez, Traore, Mings and Grealish still to return we're getting there.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess no McGinn either, so....

-----------------------------------------------------Steer/Sinisalo----------------------------------------------

Cash/Guilbert----------Bogarde/Konsa--------Hause/Swinkels--------Young/Targett

--------------------------------------------------------Nakamba--------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Chukwuemeka------------J Ramsey/A Ramsey-------------------

Buendia/Bidace--------------------------------------------------------------------------El Ghazi/Barry

--------------------------------------------------Watkins/Wesley---------------------------------------------

A bit thin in the middle if no McGinn, Luiz and Sanson, but with those three and Martinez, Traore, Mings and Grealish still to return we're getting there.

Hourihane will be available, I imagine McGinn will make the bench.

Davis will also be available so possibly looking at a 4-4-2 with the limited numbers in the midfield.

I'd expect to see most of the youngsters that have been training with the first team - Marschall, Sinisalo, Seb Revan, Bogarde, Kesler, Raikhy, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, Wright, Young, and Barry - play some part against Walsall.

That's why the game against Leamington which was also due to be played this Wednesday has been callled off, so the U23 players can take part on this fixture

• Like 1

19 hours ago, messi11 said:

Bradley young hatrick incoming 

I feel a bit for Bradley and for Kesler - these would be great games to get them introduced, but I think they both have too many people in front of them to feature as much as some of the others - Kesler might get some time on the right wing maybe, but I'd expect Cash and Guilbert will eat up the minutes at right back and for Young - Watkins and Wesley are likely to feature and Keinan Davis and Louie Barry will be looking for time too. 

We're developing the kind of depth that makes it more difficult for all of the youngsters to play in pre-season.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2021 at 11:00, MaVilla said:

why wouldnt Sanson be available?, is he still recovering from his injury?

I assume Traore has been on international duty recently or something?

Traore had a groin operation just as the season finished and seems to have only gotten back on the grass in the last few days. Will be too early for him most likely.

3 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Traore had a groin operation just as the season finished and seems to have only gotten back on the grass in the last few days. Will be too early for him most likely.

i think i saw Traore in a training picture yesterday?, unsure if it was the current pre season training tho.

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Does anyone know if there is an Away pub at Walsall? Or is it just beers in the ground?

It might just be that I've never found the bar, but I don't think you can get drinks inside the ground.

I'm not sure about pubs around the area either, but I drank in the bar at the Radisson last time we played them. It's right next to the stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It might just be that I've never found the bar, but I don't think you can get drinks inside the ground.

I'm not sure about pubs around the area either, but I drank in the bar at the Radisson last time we played them. It's right next to the stadium.

The one year I was in the side stand, there was a little bar. Not sure if that's still there/open.

In terms of drinking near the ground I've only ever been to that hotel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Does anyone know if there is an Away pub at Walsall? Or is it just beers in the ground?

Always used the Fullbrook , but it looks like it may have closed down , other than that its the hotel next to the ground or the bar underneath the away end , i warn you though last time it was serving cans

Â