Walsall vs Aston Villa - 21.07.21 @19:30

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Can somebody please explain why we have a yearly fixture with Walsall?

I know we used to play a lot of reserve games there. Might have something to do with it, we don't exactly send them loan player much now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

First half, first of the elevens, first class.

Please don’t change Buendia. Different class. 

Very good half. Buendia and Ashley are doing what needs to be done and so are the rest.

I like Buendias control and he's another player who is up for going and getting the ball from the opposition.

Two assists for Buendia and two goals for Ollie, seem to be striking up a good connection quickly. 

Ramsey's and Chuk have been great also as well as Cash.

God knows what over confident Jed was doing earlier, looked like he didn't even want to be in goal and wanted to go down the wing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Cheers for the update! I'm not watching the game, so, can you tell me if he's playing those passes with his left foot? Or right? As a left winger af Villla he'd cut in all the time so I'm curious how he's doing at left back.

To be honest I don't know but the way he's played them assume left foot. He looks very comfortable at left back but hasn't really had much to deal with. Very promising start though! 

Buendia is class, pure and simple.

Nice to see Ollie getting goals early.

Nakamba ate his Weetabix this morning. Is it just the quality of the opposition or does he look much better on the ball?

Chuk looks tidy, although his decision making could use some work. He'll benefit from a run of games

Pleased with what I've seen so far.

I thought Chukwuemeka played well, one of our better players and he's only seventeen, was also impressed with Cash and Ramsey, and of course Buendia especially as the half went on. Pretty much everyone has played well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Can somebody please explain why we have a yearly fixture with Walsall?

Easy to get to, very local, decent standard of football to give us a decent workout. 

Gives them a bit of assistance with a full stadium for just a pre season friendly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

First and foremost Ash has looked extremely solid defensively. Look so, so experienced.

It's the type of player i expected him to be at this age.

Overall a very solid squad addition.

He also looks like he's lost little, if any, of his pace.

Edited by stewiek2

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

First and foremost Ash has looked extremely solid defensively. Look so, so experienced.

It's the type of player i expected him to be at this age.

Overall a very solid squad addition.

Can’t believe this but I totally agree with you for once. Really impressed with him so far!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah Nakamba is just getting better and better.

Really hope he can cement his place at DM this season

Let's not get carried away.

Don't think he will overtake Luiz.

Â