Remi Allen

villalad21

15 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This is her Wiki page if you want to look at her history, previous clubs, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remi_Allen

Can't really quote the table from there into here, so will have to click on the link.

She did play for Bham City though at one time 🙂 

Birmingham City have actually been pretty good for the women's game overall. It's just about the only thing they've ever managed to get right.

They're suffering a bad decline now, but overall anyone who has been involved in their setup over the last few years is good value for money. For instance, Carla Ward. She's considered a top class manager.

• Like 1

For those who have just started taking an interest in Villa's womens team, this was the league table from last season where we stayed up on the last day of the season on our first season in the top division (remind anyone of the men's team the previous season).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/womens-super-league/table

Aiming for a lower-mid table finish this coming season hopefully (again following the trajectory of the men's team).

Edited by ender4

Welcome to Villa Remi.

I can’t say I knew anything about her before today, but It sounds like she is a seasoned pro and will add a lot of experience and know how to the squad over the next couple of seasons. Fingers crossed the Women’s team should have a more comfortable season this year. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John said:

Women have been playing football and have been following our football club, since before all of us were born. They would rightly wonder why this is an issue in 2021, particularly when we now have an Aston Villa women's team.

Thing is, nobody is saying it's an issue. Fact is that people almost exclusively joined this forum to follow the AVFC football team. Men's football. While there's nothing wrong with having a thread with women's footy, it's largely annoying to have 'new player' threads thinking they are for the men's team. Almost click bait'esque.

Keep it marked or to a seperate forum. If the interest is there people will read it either way.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Thing is, nobody is saying it's an issue. Fact is that people almost exclusively joined this forum to follow the AVFC football team. Men's football. While there's nothing wrong with having a thread with women's footy, it's largely annoying to have 'new player' threads thinking they are for the men's team. Almost click bait'esque.

Keep it marked or to a seperate forum. If the interest is there people will read it either way.

Like this?
Screenshot-2021-07-01-at-17-00-22.png

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

i kinda get this point...we don't have new threads for every player that joins the academy do we. a player doesn't tend to get his own thread until he's on the fringes of the first team

but it's not a big deal i guess. if folks want to start a new thread for every new AVWFC player i guess it's up to them. might be a few this summer though!

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Aye. That's what I suggested more or less. Works for me!

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

It's already there, but i suppose it's easy to be blind to all the tags, Someone suggested a '[W]" at the beginning of the topic header, which is also a solution..  

8 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just out of interest, how are the women players at managing a double pivot?

They're better at sweeping. 

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

• Haha 4

• 2 years later...
Â