Axel Tuanzebe

AvfcRigo82

Aston Villa make first move to sign Man Utd’s Axel Tuanzebe

Aston Villa have now registered their interest in Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe amid a potential summer transfer move.

Reports in recent weeks have claimed that the centre-back could be set for a reunion with Dean Smith, having, of course, played under the Villa boss during their time in the Championship

And now, Football Insider have revealed that Villa have now made an approach for the defender by registering their interest in him and that they will make an official move for him if given the encouragement to do so.

It’s added that: “Smith wants a young defender with Premier League experience to provide cover and competition for first-choice duo Tyrone Mings and Ezri Konsa. Tuanzebe has been targeted as he fits the profile of the recruitment team and has the potential to develop.”

The £7.2m-rated centre-back has earned rave reviews for his performances for United last season, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer waxing lyrical about him after he stopped PSG and Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League.

He said: “Axel’s a tremendous defender, a great leader. He’s come through the academy and we’ve known for years that he’s going to be a top player for us and he’s got the character and the attitude that a Man United player should have. Sometimes you’ll get in a foot race with Mbappe and you have to run with him and we know Axel’s qualities, he’s a top defender.”

Given the £50k-a-week earning ace has already played under Smith, he should be able to hit the ground running, especially with his experience of Premier League football at United too.

Tuanzebe featured 35 times in his one season at Villa, including starting in the club’s Championship play-offs run that earned them promotion back to the Premier League.

Villa fans will surely be buzzing at the prospect of another, young English talent heading to Villa Park and joining the likes of Tyrone Mings and Ezri Konsa as Smith’s impressive centre-back options, especially with Bjorn Engels’ recent departure.

Good news.

If we can get him for £7.2m then I’m all for it but at that price I think  Utd are unlikely to sell , it’s most likely lazy journalism 

Edited by gwi1890

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Aston Villa make first move to sign Man Utd’s Axel Tuanzebe

And now, Football Insider have revealed that Villa have now made an approach for the defender by registering their interest in him and that they will make an official move for him if given the encouragement to do so.

So we've registered our interest in making an approach but it's not an official approach because we haven't received the required encouragment for our approach to be registered as official so our approach is simply just registered interest.

Got it.

Edited by Pembers
  • Haha 1

"football insider"

delete thread, k thanx bye.

as i said in another thread, the threshold for creating speculation threads is dropping like a rock on Villa Talk........

13 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I cannot see this..he is perpetually injured and we already have cover

We don't already have cover. Unless you want to go into a season with three centre backs. We let Engels go. 

Mings was 26 when we signed him and seen as a huge injury risk - he'd been injured for his entire 4 year spell at Bournemouth (17 appearances 2015-2019). He's barely missed a minute since we signed him.

Tuanzebe has always had a lot of potential. He was fantastic for our promotion winning team. He's so comfortable on the ball. Yes, he could improve in the air but the size/athleticism is already there.

I'd love if it we brought him in to compete. I think he can be a far better player than Hause. Just a shame the link is from Football Insider. 

Edited by Cizzler

I’d take him, he’s still a Man Utd player for a reason, I thought he was great for us when he was with us on loan. Is he better than Konsa? Probably not but we need a right sided back and I’d struggle to name a better attainable one