Tammy Abraham

nick76

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nope FIFA told him he couldn’t be registered as he played for more than 2 clubs

Is he lying then? At around 3.20.

I really never heard about Fifa stopping him, so I'm mildly interested where you got your info from! Also, a quick look at his stats for that season seem to suggest he didn't play for Chelsea before coming to Villa. EDIT: he did play in the Charity Shield actually but you'd wonder if that counts.

EDIT 2: I see there was speculation about FIFA stopping it, but everything I just looked at said nobody thought it would be a problem as he hadn't played in the Prem. But it was only speculation.

(I woke up early and had some time to kill!)

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Is he lying then? At around 3.20.

I really never heard about Fifa stopping him, so I'm mildly interested where you got your info from! Also, a quick look at his stats for that season seem to suggest he didn't play for Chelsea before coming to Villa. EDIT: he did play in the Charity Shield actually but you'd wonder if that counts.

EDIT 2: I see there was speculation about FIFA stopping it, but everything I just looked at said nobody thought it would be a problem as he hadn't played in the Prem. But it was only speculation.

(I woke up early and had some time to kill!)

Fifa advised that playing for Chelsea Under 23 counted as another club so he wouldnt have been eligible to move to Wolves so they never bothered proceeding. 

Fact the conversation started shows he would have been happy to go

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fifa advised that playing for Chelsea Under 23 counted as another club so he wouldnt have been eligible to move to Wolves so they never bothered proceeding. 

Fact the conversation started shows he would have been happy to go

You seem to be saying something that was speculated might be a problem as if it actually was a problem. As I say, I had time to kill and I had a decent look and I never found any conclusive proof. The only thing I found suggested people thought it wouldn't be a problem—and why would playing for the reserves be counted officially? 

But anyway, you seem to have decided things for yourself.

Your last statement isn't a fact. Even if he did have options, it's not inconceivable he'd have found both options appealing and it seems nobody knows 100% what happened. Tammy clearly says he chose to stay though.

Edited by Rolta

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You seem to be saying something that was speculated might be a problem as if it actually was a problem. As I say, I had time to kill and I had a decent look and I never found any conclusive proof. The only thing I found suggested people thought it wouldn't be a problem—and why would playing for the reserves be counted officially? 

But anyway, you seem to have decided things for yourself.

Your last statement isn't a fact. Even if he did have options, it's not inconceivable he'd have found both options appealing and it seems nobody knows 100% what happened. Tammy clearly says he chose to stay though.

Ben Arfa was banned for similarly playing for Newcastle Under 23 team and couldnt transfer. 

Clubs dont enquire about players without contacting the agent to know if somebody was interested. Tammy also would be stupid to say he wanted to leave when he would be playing here for 6 more months

I dont dislike Tammy he is a good player but the obsession that he loves Villa and wants to come back is disturbing. He was a good player for us but was at the end of the day a mercenary but better than some we had before. If anything he has gone backwards in last 18 months, he was probably 3rd choice England striker and now he is behind Patrick Bamford and Wilson in the pecking order

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Tammy also would be stupid to say he wanted to leave when he would be playing here for 6 more months

Any player linked with another team that doesn't pan out obviously kisses the badge and says where they are is the only place to be. Any other narrative is a non story

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ben Arfa was banned for similarly playing for Newcastle Under 23 team and couldnt transfer. 

Clubs dont enquire about players without contacting the agent to know if somebody was interested. Tammy also would be stupid to say he wanted to leave when he would be playing here for 6 more months

I dont dislike Tammy he is a good player but the obsession that he loves Villa and wants to come back is disturbing. He was a good player for us but was at the end of the day a mercenary but better than some we had before. If anything he has gone backwards in last 18 months, he was probably 3rd choice England striker and now he is behind Patrick Bamford and Wilson in the pecking order

Whatever happened, it was good for us he stayed. But yeah, I don't think he went away from us thinking, 'Oh I need to go back there I have unfinished business.' He seemed pretty happy to get a chance at Chelsea and obviously believed he was good enough.

I'd have him back though. I'm definitely in the group of people who think we're light up top, but there are other options too and others who wouldn't cost as much (although now he's leaving on loan it seems).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Whatever happened, it was good for us he stayed. But yeah, I don't think he went away from us thinking, 'Oh I need to go back there I have unfinished business.' He seemed pretty happy to get a chance at Chelsea and obviously believed he was good enough.

I'd have him back though. I'm definitely in the group of people who think we're light up top, but there are other options too and others who wouldn't cost as much (although now he's leaving on loan it seems).

I would have him back for a reasonable fee. 40 million isnt that. My main issue is that people think its Tammy or nothing. Is many more strikers available 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

The fact that Chelsea are willing to loan him to Arsenal a not so long ago rival says a lot for me. They obviously no longer count Arsenal as a threat and do not feel by letting Tammy join them they will easily become a threat to them anytime soon. You wouldn’t sell and significantly upgrade a close rival especially a striker…

Harsh hyperbole alert… but if Tuchel knows he is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be, then that’s another reason I don’t want Abraham! 

I know it’s foolish to use the yard stick that Tuchel obviously seriously doesn’t rate him one little bit… In glaringly leaving him out the squad for the CarabaoCup final, after his role in getting them then.Then snubbed again(for Billy Gilmour) for the champions league final - that’s cold and somewhat humiliating - No? Oh and then falling out of the England picture and missing the Euro squad with his name never in the mix. That will have all, surely knocked his confidence big time and will take him time to recover from. How will he recover mentally? What, if any adverse effects long term could all that disappointment have - being discarded like he was so abruptly. He could be somewhat damaged goods. 

His next move he needs to be the main man not get into the groove and build his confidence.joining us, in essence as back up striker first and foremost this summer, is an ill fit for both parties and, therefore, a move which just won’t happen. Especially at £40million 

Ps: … My point about Tuchel not thinking he’s good enough, player, therefore, not good enough player for us. Purely relates to this particular transfer only BTW and is not representative how I would normally ever  judge a player… Just sayin before that point gets torn apart on those grounds as then, virtually no player would be good enough etc - I get that… Peace

Says alot to me also.

For some reason he doesn't fit into Chelsea's plans (I don't think it wasn't because he wasn't good enough), they see an apportunity for abit of money they could make to fund further transfers at Chelsea most likely.

With Saka and ESR at Arsenal if Tammy did join them I could see a change happen, Tammy would be for Arsenal what Watkins is for us and that move would come back to bite Chelsea in the ass I reckon. I could see that they add Tammy and then they would start to compete again. They may be having financial difficulty or making high wage mess ups but a signing like Tammy along with there other youngsters could change them for the better.

See also Clubs don't think like us fans do, they believe in keeping an area or in Chelsea case the profile of London high. If it keeps other city's profiles lower than theirs they will in fact trade amongst themselves if it helps them out no. Now I'm not saying your wrong an in fact there maybe some truth to what you say because Arsenal are not like they used to be. Maybe they won't be real competition for Chelsea anymore but at the same time I believe they would throw them a bone to help them out whether you or I feel Tammy is good or not.

We have been through the situation of Managers or Coaches coming in and completely not using decent talent and sending that exact talent down a pit of doom. We as a fan base should easy be able to see the situation Tammy is in and completely understand it. Just because a player is being moved on doesn't mean that player is bad, it all just means he doesn't fit the current guys plans.

Personally Tammy is not far off the England squad and call ups, he's one right team away from lifting his career back off and he doesn't have to be a main guy at a club to put himself into that position. Both he and Watkins at Villa could give our England manager some serious thoughts even if Smith was to smartly alternate the pair.

Against Wasall last night I was not impressed with Wesley and Davis and that is a concern that has started early, Tammy wouldnt of had a problem making his mark. In fact it's saying something when a player who went out on loan ends up doing more than what our backup strikers did. Yes Conor I felt showed more of himself than Davis and Wesley. If I were Smith I'd pull the plug on them, sell them and get Tammy back at the club. Watkins and Tammy would be an amazing strike force I'm not kidding and I do not understand this whole idea that some of the people against Tammy coming back are prepared to risk a whole season on Wesley and Davis.

I just hope Watkins doesn't get injured because Smith instantly becomes the bad guy the moment fans start questioning why we didn't move for a quality backup. 

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would have him back for a reasonable fee. 40 million isnt that. My main issue is that people think its Tammy or nothing. Is many more strikers available 

Wow Zatman I was not expecting you to say that but I would like to point out that it's a media thing this 40 million, it's not a price that Chelsea has set, we just don't know it 😊. It maybe that Tammy could be bought for a bargain like what Buendia and Martinez was bought for, Lange seems very good at Haggling. Were were expected to pay more than what we did for Martinez and Buendia. In the media's eyes Buendia and ESR price if we were to of bought them were 40 million, we then bought Buendia for 30 million, it changes.

There may be other options but at even 20- 40 mill for a prem striker is nothing at all is it? Let's face it it isn't for a player who always seems to Put in work and get back out results.

Edited by Dave-R

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Let me just fill you in with a conversation that I overheard. 

Wolves: “Hi Tammy we’d like to sign you.”

Tammy: “Sorry who are you.”

Wolves: “Wolves ay we.”

Tammy: Falling over laughing, “No you’re alright thanks.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

In Liverpool 19/20 season 7 players played between 3644 to 4590 mins in all comps and won the league.

and we’re completely buggered the following season!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and we’re completely buggered the following season!

No they lost VVD for most of the season and still finished 3rd. I guarantee there was no thread on RAWK saying we need to spend +80 million on bench backup for Salah in case he gets injured because we only have Oxlade-Chamberlain as backup

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

But yeah, I don't think he went away from us thinking, 'Oh I need to go back there I have unfinished business.'

I think he actually said those words, somebody quoted some pages back, I’ll try and find it

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No they lost VVD for most of the season and still finished 3rd. I guarantee there was no thread on RAWK saying we need to spend +80 million on bench backup for Salah in case he gets injured because we only have Oxlade-Chamberlain as backup

They went from 99 points to 69 points, and yes agree they lost VVD they also looked a ghost of the season before, they looked buggered.  if you watched their games you can’t argue with that.

As for the point about Salah, that’s flawed as well because they did actually bring in a top player to do that called Jota who played across the line and in rotation with the front three

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diogo-jota/leistungsdaten/spieler/340950/plus/0?saison=2020

D99E8A98-DBA0-45B6-A9A1-3BC39B2590BE.png

Edited by nick76

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

They went from 99 points to 69 points, and yes agree they lost VVD they also looked a ghost of the season before, they looked buggered.  if you watched their games you can’t argue with that.

As for the point about Salah, that’s flawed as well because they did actually bring in a top player to do that called Jota who played across the line and in rotation with the front three

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diogo-jota/leistungsdaten/spieler/340950/plus/0?saison=2020

D99E8A98-DBA0-45B6-A9A1-3BC39B2590BE.png

Jota was brought in for Firmino. I was waiting for this trap. You could argue he was brought in for Mane Firmino and Salah. This is the argument many have brought up against signing Tammy vs another player. People would rather a signing like Jota who can cover 3 positions not a flat track bully only striker like Tammy

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jota was brought in for Firmino. I was waiting for this trap. You could argue he was brought in for Mane Firmino and Salah. This is the argument many have brought up against signing Tammy vs another player. People would rather a signing like Jota who can cover 3 positions not a flat track bully only striker like Tammy

Trap? Or factual answer to your incorrect assertion!  

“You could argue”? You asserted they wouldn’t have brought in a back up player and then I proved that to be false.

“not a flat track bully only striker like Tammy” I don’t even know what a flat track bully means in context of football…sounds like a good thing combined with the amount of goals he scores.  So he bullies defenders and scores goals….sign him up!

Â