Tammy Abraham

nick76

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's where you are wrong becaus he has said here and there that he feels like there unfinished business at Villa if he ever decides move on from Chelsea. He has always showed love towards Villa fans tweeting him as well.

I'm not living in no fairy land either, maybe it's you who needs to get your head out of the sand and recognise he'd be way way better option than our second and thirds.

Sure he does, like when he wanted to go to Wolves after 6 months here 😉

Villa fans get this weird obsession that players that played before will come home like Milner, Benteke and now Tammy.  If this was Newcastle we be taking the piss

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Villa fans get this weird obsession that players that played before will come home like Milner, Benteke and now Tammy.  If this was Newcastle we be taking the piss

I remember him turning Wolves down to stay at Villa. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

No he hasn't. You're just making stuff up now

He has said it in the past I am sure of it Kiwi.

Why wouldn't he want to return to Villa anyway it's a club on the rise and a team where he gets on greatly with the players that are still here. Smith still thinks alot of him as a player.

You lot are crackers to even suggest he wouldn't want a second spell at Villa but I guess none of us truly know do we in how he feels.

You can all say he's not interested I coming here, or were not interested in him but you lot are making that crap up when you don't full know yourselves.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ashley did so don't be daft 😂

Wolves and that story of Tammy wanting to go there again we don't know apart from Tammy and the people involved do we?

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

That's where you are wrong becaus he has said here and there that he feels like there unfinished business at Villa if he ever decides move on from Chelsea. He has always showed love towards Villa fans tweeting him as well.

I'm not living in no fairy land either, maybe it's you who needs to get your head out of the sand and recognise he'd be way way better option than our second and thirds.

The fact that Chelsea are willing to loan him to Arsenal a not so long ago rival says a lot for me. They obviously no longer count Arsenal as a threat and do not feel by letting Tammy join them they will easily become a threat to them anytime soon. You wouldn’t sell and significantly upgrade a close rival especially a striker…

Harsh hyperbole alert… but if Tuchel knows he is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be, then that’s another reason I don’t want Abraham! 

I know it’s foolish to use the yard stick that Tuchel obviously seriously doesn’t rate him one little bit… In glaringly leaving him out the squad for the CarabaoCup final, after his role in getting them then.Then snubbed again(for Billy Gilmour) for the champions league final - that’s cold and somewhat humiliating - No? Oh and then falling out of the England picture and missing the Euro squad with his name never in the mix. That will have all, surely knocked his confidence big time and will take him time to recover from. How will he recover mentally? What, if any adverse effects long term could all that disappointment have - being discarded like he was so abruptly. He could be somewhat damaged goods. 

His next move he needs to be the main man not get into the groove and build his confidence.joining us, in essence as back up striker first and foremost this summer, is an ill fit for both parties and, therefore, a move which just won’t happen. Especially at £40million 

Ps: … My point about Tuchel not thinking he’s good enough, player, therefore, not good enough player for us. Purely relates to this particular transfer only BTW and is not representative how I would normally ever  judge a player… Just sayin before that point gets torn apart on those grounds as then, virtually no player would be good enough etc - I get that… Peace

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The fact that Chelsea are willing to loan him to Arsenal a not so long ago rival says a lot for me. They obviously no longer count Arsenal as a threat and do not feel by letting Tammy join them they will easily become a threat to them anytime soon. You wouldn’t sell and significantly upgrade a close rival especially a striker…

I know it’s foolish to use the yard stick that Tuchel obviously seriously doesn’t rate him one little bit… Leaving him out the squad for the Carabao Cup final even after his role in getting them there, then snubbed again and for Billy Gilmour for the champions league final - that’s cold and somewhat humiliating… oh and then falling out of the England picture and missing the Euro squad with his name never in the mix. That will have all, surely knocked his confidence big time and will take him time to recover from. How will he recover mentally and could have an adverse effect long term to being discarded like he had been and could he be somewhat damaged goods?

His next move he needs to be the main man not get into the groove and build his confidence.joining us, in essence as back up striker first and foremost this summer, is an ill fit for both parties and, therefore, a move which just won’t happen. 

Harsh hyperbole alert… but if Tuchel knows he is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be, then that’s another reason I don’t want Abraham.

Ps: … My point about Tuchel not thinking he’s good enough, player, therefore, not good enough player for us. Purely relates to this particular transfer only BTW and is not representative how I would normally ever  judge a player… Just sayin before that point gets torn apart on those grounds as then, virtually no player would be good enough etc - I get that… Peace

Why does it matter what Tuchel thinks?  Then your p.s. contradicts itself by saying you are only taking his view for this player and normally wouldn’t do it.  Loads of players have been discarded by clubs and come back to haunt them.  Just Chelsea alone I can name Salah and DeBruyne.

As for the Chelsea Arsenal thing….Chelsea are many levels above Arsenal and us, they are trying to buy the best young striker in the world in Haaland and if not they are after one of the most gifted strikers of the current era in Lewandowski hence they don’t care where Tammy would go.   Neither Villa or Arsenal are on that level to impact Chelsea plus they get a nice fee to go towards their purchase.  I don’t see how this helps your argument.

• Like 1

It seems that I’m in the minority and not for the first time but I’d love him back. I just can’t understand why some many fans of all clubs including our own don’t rate him for some reason. For me, he’s a fantastic centre forward, such a natural goalscorer, he has a knack of being in the right place at the time. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him score a goal outside the penalty area, he’s an old school fox in the box. He’s quite gangly and his all round game needs work but has the raw materials to be a resounding success in the Premier League, I’m sure of it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Don’t you rate him? If not, why not?

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Why does it matter what Tuchel thinks?  Then your p.s. contradicts itself by saying you are only taking his view for this player and normally wouldn’t do it.  Loads of players have been discarded by clubs and come back to haunt them.  Just Chelsea alone I can name Salah and DeBruyne.

As for the Chelsea Arsenal thing….Chelsea are many levels above Arsenal and us, they are trying to buy the best young striker in the world in Haaland and if not they are after one of the most gifted strikers of the current era in Lewandowski hence they don’t care where Tammy would go.   Neither Villa or Arsenal are on that level to impact Chelsea plus they get a nice fee to go towards their purchase.  I don’t see how this helps your argument.

From what you consider from your POV to be my somewhat irrational views & standpoint on signing Tammy, his limitations etc is the Ying to your Yang … 

I’m fully aware my post will read as contradictory to some. But under this circumstance, I believe it’s a valid point to make. It’s one of many reasons and number of factors that I neither particularly rate Tammy nor want us to sign him. 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t you rate him? If not, why not?

Flat track bully. Doesn't press well like Watkins. We're not switching to 2 up front and Watkins isn't moving wide. If you think that's happening you haven't understood Smith setup as long he's been manager. He's not coming to compete with Watkins and we're not paying crazy money for backup striker. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Flat track bully. Doesn't press well like Watkins. We're not switching to 2 up front and Watkins isn't moving wide. If you think that's happening you haven't understood Smith setup as long he's been manager. He's not coming to compete with Watkins and we're not paying crazy money for backup striker. 

We need someone to compete with Watkins, that is clear to me, I can’t think of too many better alternatives than Abraham. Chelsea don’t seem to want him for some reason

31 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We need someone to compete with Watkins, that is clear to me, I can’t think of too many better alternatives than Abraham. Chelsea don’t seem to want him for some reason

WE.ARE.NOT.PAYING.40.MILLION.FOR.BENCH.STRIKER.COMPETITION.

Chelsea don't want him for reasons I said. Flat track bully(saves his best games for weak opposition) and doesn't press well enough

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

WE.ARE.NOT.PAYING.40.MILLION.FOR.BENCH.STRIKER.COMPETITION.

Chelsea don't want him for reasons I said. Flat track bully(saves his best games for weak opposition) and doesn't press well enough

If we don’t sign him, we’ll regret it, wherever he goes, he will score goals, I’m sure. Chelsea don’t seem to fancy him for some reason, unknown to me

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we don’t sign him, we’ll regret it, wherever he goes, he will score goals, I’m sure. Chelsea don’t seem to fancy him for some reason, unknown to me

I'm sure he will score goals. You could say that about 1000 players. What he wouldn't do is come here and sit on the bench because we're not changing our formation because some VT members like a player. Watkins is our focal point striker with 2 inside forwards either side. We're not going to sign Tammy and rotate him and Watkins

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm sure he will score goals. You could say that about 1000 players. What he wouldn't do is come here and sit on the bench because we're not changing our formation because some VT members like a player. Watkins is our focal point striker with 2 inside forwards either side. We're not going to sign Tammy and rotate him and Watkins

Sadly, I think you’re right but I think we need to learn how to be more flexible. We rely too much on Watkins and his work rate. Watkins is going to be knackered right now. I think Wesley and Davis are good options to have too

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Sadly, I think you’re right but I think we need to learn how to be more flexible. We rely too much on Watkins and his work rate. Watkins is going to be knackered right now. I think Wesley and Davis are good options to have too

In Liverpool 19/20 season 7 players played between 3644 to 4590 mins in all comps and won the league. Watkins played 3439 all comps last season. Probably one of the fittest players at our club so I reject that argument

Â