Tammy Abraham

nick76

Just now, Steero113 said:

Why is this thread still open? There have been no credible links or murmurs of anything for weeks (months). The first "link" wasn't even a link it was click bait shit from lazy reporting. 

It's like having a wish list thread open. "I would like x player at the club... lets discuss if he would be good for us"... That's great and the discussion in principle is fine, but I was under the impression that threads in this section were only to be opened when there were actual links etc. 

Go and discuss the merits/flaws of Tammy Abraham in other football. He's not coming to Villa. 

C'mon mods ffs. 

Fully agree, he was never coming and wasnt even a target

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Majority of his goals came in cup competitions which includes one top flight French club in a dead rubber game

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

You’ve got you knickers in a twist over me using the word “proven”.  I think he’s proven whereas you don’t.  

He has an excellent goal per game ratio for two seasons on the trot from significant minutes in the PL, you can’t argue with that at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Why is this thread still open? There have been no credible links or murmurs of anything for weeks (months). The first "link" wasn't even a link it was click bait shit from lazy reporting. 

It's like having a wish list thread open. "I would like x player at the club... lets discuss if he would be good for us"... That's great and the discussion in principle is fine, but I was under the impression that threads in this section were only to be opened when there were actual links etc. 

Go and discuss the merits/flaws of Tammy Abraham in other football. He's not coming to Villa. 

C'mon mods ffs. 

There has been links.  

Who knows what credible means in regards links these days.  

Other players threads have less speculation recently but are open

You are confusing your opinion as facts re he’s not coming here, you don’t know that.

If you don’t like the thread don’t read it.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Just now, nick76 said:

There has been links.  

You are confusing your opinion as facts re he’s not coming here, you don’t know that.

No, it isn't as simple as that. 

ESR had an offer rejected not 2 weeks ago and is fully entitled to be open for that alone until he signs a new deal. 

Dwight McNeil has had a number of journalists at least report report our interest in the last few days and could at the very least be classed as "fresh"...

Pape Matar Sarr is at the bottom of page 2 and should be closed. JWP is at the bottom of page 4 and should be closed. 

I come to this forum to read opinions and we are all entitled to those opinions, but this section of the forum is for our players or recent links to new signings and they are tagged as such. 

Tammy is neither. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I come to this forum to read opinions and we are all entitled to those opinions, but this section of the forum is for our players or recent links to new signings and they are tagged as such. 

Tammy is neither. 

In your opinion!

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Edouard is the player that I would like.  Probably at least £10-20m cheaper than Tammy, from what you read, and similar profiles.  I know it's not my money but I expect there is only a limited pot or that ffp will kick in at some point to restrict spend and I want other signings as well.

I am surprised that he hasn't moved yet.  Obviously, Leicester chose to go in a different direction.

Striker options of Watkins, Edouard and Wes (with Davis out on loan) with Barry and Young as back up would give us plenty of options/bench depth and variation. 

I wouldn't object to Tammy if he came in - although I am not as convinced by many on here - as long as the size of the spend required doesn't limit what we could do elsewhere.  But I would like another option.

Your talking about probably paying at least 20 million for a Edouard that's never done it in this league mate. That's what Celtic would want minimum for him no doubt, I would soon pay abit more for someone that's got the experience. How well did Edouard do last season because I'm not sure

I'd say Tammy could cost anything from 20mill and up and I couldn't even say how much I think he'd go for in the end because i am not Chelsea.

The point I keep trying to make here in this thread is we need a second better striker to stop any type of downtime. If Tammy can be secured for a bargain price we most certainly should entertain it or at least secure a loan to buy option. Bet if we fetched Tammy in and he started banging goals in like mad under a loan to buy, people around here would be shouting buy him, even if it ended up costing 60 mill in the end because he'd be proving again he's a success story.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

No, it isn't as simple as that. 

ESR had an offer rejected not 2 weeks ago and is fully entitled to be open for that alone until he signs a new deal. 

Dwight McNeil has had a number of journalists at least report report our interest in the last few days and could at the very least be classed as "fresh"...

Pape Matar Sarr is at the bottom of page 2 and should be closed. JWP is at the bottom of page 4 and should be closed. 

Tammy is neither. 

There are many different types of threads to read in this forum so what your stating it's sposed to be about isn't just for that. 

Why even jump into a thread to complain if your not interested in the thread?

Let's face it Links are pointless and there is just as much chance at a no linked player jumping through the doors of Villa than there is a Linked player, it all means nothing till they walk through the door.

We do not tell you and those who don't want Tammy here who you should or should talk about in this forum, so leave us who would like Tammy to join the club to talk about him. Come end of Window all the Threads will be moved anyway they usually are.

• Like 1

Anybody switched to the dark side with Dave, I and others after seeing Wes and Davis tonight?  I'm guessing not but there maybe a straggler out there that maybe coming around to the correct view that we need to get Tammy in...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Anybody switched to the dark side with Dave, I and others after seeing Wes and Davis tonight?  I'm guessing not but there maybe a straggler out there that maybe coming around to the correct view that we need to get Tammy in...

Not yet dude. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Nope. Need to get Wesley and Davis out.

And someone like Alvarez in - not Abraham.

• Like 1

It may not be Tammy but its clear we need a backup to Ollie. Not his level but someone who can score regularly, someone who can bully his way through say a league 2 side playing trialists. Because our other two backup forwards couldn't today, they didn't seem unlucky either.

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Nope. Need to get Wesley and Davis out.

And someone like Alvarez in - not Abraham.

Hmmm of the vid's I've seem of Alvarez I'm not wowed but some people in the know say he's very good so I can only go off that.  I do think the romanticism of having another south american in the team has gotten some very excited about a player they know very little about and to compare that to somebody like Tammy is a bit silly given the low risk nature that Tammy would bring and the high risk that Alvarez would bring in for him to have any chance of succeeding.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I thought you rated Wesley

36 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I thought you rated Wesley

I do if he can get back to the player he was with the potential that was there. 

The question is after 18 months can he get back? he looks physically great but as I've said after such a bad injury and so long out how is his movement, his muscles, his bones and most importantly his mental state. 

I'm not prepared to go into the season with just Ollie as striker and with Davis being so rubbish it's relying on Wes and while I love him to pieces i need a much larger sample size of games to be convinced he can get back and that wont happen before the end of the transfer window. 

If we could guarantee the pre injury Wes back I would be more than happy with him and his potential but that is very unknown at the moment. 

There was nothing there tonight that said to me that Wes can get back.  Neither Davis or Wes did themselves any justice tonight and yes only a pre season game but for Davis he should've been busting a gut to impress and he failed and for Wes improving his fitness and showing he has that old spark but it wasnt there (yet maybe!)

Edited by nick76

47 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That was against Walsall as well and I didn't notice anything particular good about Wesley and Davis game.

Tammy however would of made something happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steero113 said:

C'mon mods ffs. 

Why don't you just move the F on if you don't want to discuss Tammy coming to the club, there just as much chance as others being talked about of it happening.

I hate these god damn negative prats, it'd be different if it were you interested in someone though wouldn't it but let's just go screw up a thread because you want to complain.

Steer clear of a thread if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to pop into a thread where everyone else is talking about it and moan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why don't you just move the F on if you don't want to discuss Tammy coming to the club, there just as much chance as others being talked about of it happening.

I hate these god damn negative prats, it'd be different if it were you interested in someone though wouldn't it but let's just go screw up a thread because you want to complain.

Steer clear of a thread if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to pop into a thread where everyone else is talking about it and moan.

or a realistic opinion, you are away with the fairies if you think Tammy is coming. He has never shown any indication he wanted to come back

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

There has been links.  

Exactly, shall we just close every player thread who's a possibility of coming here? These Donkeys make no sense whatsoever and they lost the debate because they just complaining now and can't think of anything else to say.

If the Tammy thread gets close do then the Leon Bailey, Alvarez and ESR should as well, so what if there has been an offer for ESR, fact is were no longer trying and it should closed.

Some people's attitudes stink round here Nick,. They see us having a talk and debate with a few who don't think Tammy should join or a decent quality backup should be signed, they then don't even provide a decent debate.  They just come in and try get a thread closed because they can't say anything relevant,just jog in instead of whining . and credit to the peoplethat are on the other side of the fence of the debate to me, Nick and others but at least you try and debate and offer some constructive thoughts, I may not agree however I can see where they come from in ways, yet those who come in and offer nothing why do that instead of just going to a thread you want to be in, it makes no sense lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

or a realistic opinion, you are away with the fairies if you think Tammy is coming. He has never shown any indication he wanted to come back

That's where you are wrong becaus he has said here and there that he feels like there unfinished business at Villa if he ever decides move on from Chelsea. He has always showed love towards Villa fans tweeting him as well.

I'm not living in no fairy land either, maybe it's you who needs to get your head out of the sand and recognise he'd be way way better option than our second and thirds.

• Like 1

Â