Tammy Abraham

nick76

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Exactly what is the difference, were not paying for it our Owners are and were not spending our money are we. If our Owners bring the money out and say here Smith do with it what you will, then Smith goes buy Tammy for 20 to 40 mill, then whothe hellare we to complain. Trust the judgement of Smith we must and trust that we need a better option that Davis and Wesley for the upcoming season and fight into the top 6.

I think some of you don't want to competez ithink you'd be happy settling for another mid table finish next season. You want to rest a whole season on ifs and maybes no wonder they removed the prepared of the badge becaus eof you fans thinking unprepared, let's have unprepared but on the badge now shall we 😂😂

I just dont get not wanting competition....all i saw and argued with in the second half of the season was fans on this forum complaining we didnt do enough subs or that Smith was too fixed in his formation, ideas or whatever..."he's too inflexible"  yet we are trying to bring in competition now or talking about it and all this negativity....yes mostly on Tammy thread probably because we stoke the fires but also on other threads where bringing in some competition for various positions seems a no no!  Smith didnt have the luxury to make too many changes out of the starting XI with quality.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

I think more and more you are going to find players like Abraham who are too good to sell cheaply to smaller clubs but not good enough for a top 6 sides.  These guys are basically in transfer purgatory.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I just dont get not wanting competition....all i saw and argued with in the second half of the season was fans on this forum complaining we didnt do enough subs or that Smith was too fixed in his formation, ideas or whatever..."he's too inflexible"  yet we are trying to bring in competition now or talking about it and all this negativity....yes mostly on Tammy thread probably because we stoke the fires but also on other threads where bringing in some competition for various positions seems a no no!

There is this mentality with some that we should only have one guy for one position and they should never be challenged for it on VT because they have this sentimental hard-on for that player. Then in another thread they will go say we need such and such player for the exact same reasons they have just said no here, it's crackers. Then we have the whole believing of media prices but not the media link themselves, it's like okay i select which info out of this article to believe and which not to not that it's all rubbish or true.

Yes exactly, after Covid scare at Villa and when Grealish was put out of action, everything you mention about people complaining is exactly true. The same will happen again if Watkins is put out for nearly half a season like Jack was, yet they will certainly be the first to complain. Imagine the blame for Smith, Villa and Lange if we do not make sure we keep winning games. It's very possible if Watkins goes on down if Wesley and Davis can't slot goals home that there's uproar amongst the fanbase. The questioning of why we didn't secure another quality striker would be massive around here.

It's crazy isn't it Nick and to think there are some that can't even understand a logical move for Tammy. After what we went through with not having Jack around and making sure last season we had another Creative element at the club, I am surprised some are not even taking this seriously. Which brings me to Buendia, why on earth is it then okay in there minds to even call for a creative player like Buendia to come in to aid Jack so that were not a one player team, yet we can't bring another quality forward in for reasons that we must keep scoring and were weak in the second striker department.

Simply put with Jack we screwed up bigtime last season when we should of been better prepared. Our team was not good enough for some games and we couldnt win some games. Now it's a similar story that some of us can see, but with Watkins that if he gets put out, then all some of us are asking is quality to provide a carry on service  and provide a better competition amongst forwards at Villa.

We can go out and buy like 5 keepers and have Martinez and Heaton at one point but not have a Watkins and Tammy in direction competition. You don't even see a keeper change all that much but we had the competition there, yet a striker who is so easily put out of action, some of our fans think we should t have better at the club. I think Watkins and Tammy competing would give Smith serious options and headaches, they would be out doing each other like legolas and gimlie doin the lord of the rings lol.

It maybe Smith plays Watkins for 5 games, Tammy for 7, then Watkins for 3 and Tammy for one, keeps things random but he has valid options. You can bet that type of changing isn't going to happen if he has Davis and Wesley to rely on, Smith would rather risk Watkins all season and it's not fair and it's unhealthy sticking with a forward all season and running him into the ground as Watkins was last season. With Tammy at least he has options and it maybe that Tammy is stronger against one team that Watkins but then Watkins makes a mockery of another, yet both have prupose and are used greatly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If you think jota and bale are back up strikers rather than a back up wingers then like I said there's no point in this debate 

Liverpools back up striker is origi

Spurs back up striker is a guy they had on loan from benfica who scored 1 goal all season

But Tammy is Premier League proven after one good season apparently 😂

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

If you think jota and bale are back up strikers rather than a back up wingers then like I said there's no point in this debate 

Liverpools back up striker is origi

Spurs back up striker is a guy they had on loan from benfica who scored 1 goal all season

And this is the reality.

The people who think we are going to pay 40-50 Mill for a backup striker are absolutely mad.

Wesley is our backup striker and as much as I don't rate the guy to be frank i don't think we'll need him very much.

Watkins will play every game whether people like it or not.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well you got the “one season” wrong, so there is that! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And this is the reality.

The people who think we are going to pay 40-50 Mill for a backup striker are absolutely mad.

Wesley is our backup striker and as much as I don't rate the guy to be frank i don't think we'll need him very much.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It still makes him alot more capable than our back ups, not rocket science to see that an Injury to our main could spell season over if we can't score.

Some people on this site are proper Donkeys in how they think with this.

Jack gets put out and everyone's flapping themselves saying we need another Creative player as they did last season. So club buys a creative player in Buendia, yet you can't seem to think like that in any of the other positions if a first eleven player gets injured, it's stupid thinking.

There are lots of reason to go buy a player like Tammy.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And this is the reality.

Do you let it sink in that it's the media saying he's going to cost 40 million and not Chelsea, it's what is the say so number to shove in your face. Are you even paying for it, no, so why should it even concern you if our Owners and chiefs decide to pay that price anyway for Tammy.

VillaLad your as bad with this as you were shouting Smith out the club last season and before and constantly questioning him. Honestly I wonder if you actually rate anyone at Villa.

Do you not understand the whole point of not grinding players into the ground, did you not pay attention to Watkins and how much he start to run on empty before half way through the season. You usually find that's when Injurys creep in or you start to switch off in games. I seem to recall alot of posts flying up last season when he went through his dry spells stating that we needed someone on par with Watkins and here we are now with some of you not even wanting anyone of note and comparable to Watkins to come and sign for us.

The thinking behind this it's beyond stupid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Do you let it sink in that it's the media saying he's going to cost 40 million and not Chelsea, it's what is the say so number to shove in your face. Are you even paying for it, no, so why should it even concern you if our Owners and chiefs decide to pay that price anyway for Tammy.

VillaLad your as bad with this as you were shouting Smith out the club last season and before and constantly questioning him. Honestly I wonder if you actually rate anyone at Villa.

Do you not understand the whole point of not grinding players into the ground, did you not pay attention to Watkins and how much he start to run on empty before half way through the season. You usually find that's when Injurys creep in or you start to switch off in games. I seem to recall alot of posts flying up last season when he went through his dry spells stating that we needed someone on par with Watkins and here we are now with some of you not even wanting anyone of note and comparable to Watkins to come and sign for us.

The thinking behind this it's beyond stupid.

Don't you get it Dave - the best teams in the league only have one striker (except the ones that don't which is most of them)
Olly Watkins will never ever ever get injured or suspended
We should never rotate players to avoid injuries and burn out or ever change our formation (no one ever moans about this when we are losing/have lost a match, cough).
Traore and El Ghazi are garbage because even though they score important goals and get assists, they make the team so much worse that they should be shot and never played again
We have to sign players in a precise order of priority because selling clubs will be down with that and that is how life works.

Everyone is full of opinions that they claim are facts, repetition of the same opinion equals fact over and over.

disclaimer: these are my opinions and shouldn't be confused with fact, if some turn out to be factual that is purely due to luck

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

It was just one season 2019/20

and he did nothing 2020/21?

I’ve given you the stats from last season but because Tuchel put him out of favour for a lot of the remaining matches doesn’t exclude what he did for over half a season under Lampard in 2020/21.  He still appeared in 22 league matches, as well. He also played in the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup scoring 6 goals in 10 European and Domestic Cup appearances.  You can’t exclude that season to suit your argument.

• Like 1

Edouard is the player that I would like.  Probably at least £10-20m cheaper than Tammy, from what you read, and similar profiles.  I know it's not my money but I expect there is only a limited pot or that ffp will kick in at some point to restrict spend and I want other signings as well.

I am surprised that he hasn't moved yet.  Obviously, Leicester chose to go in a different direction.

Striker options of Watkins, Edouard and Wes (with Davis out on loan) with Barry and Young as back up would give us plenty of options/bench depth and variation. 

I wouldn't object to Tammy if he came in - although I am not as convinced by many on here - as long as the size of the spend required doesn't limit what we could do elsewhere.  But I would like another option.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’ve given you the stats from last season but because Tuchel put him out of favour for a lot of the remaining matches doesn’t exclude what he did for over half a season under Lampard in 2020/21.  He still appeared in 22 league matches, as well. He also played in the Champions League, FA Cup and League Cup scoring 6 goals in 10 European and Domestic Cup appearances.  You can’t exclude that season to suit your argument.

What did he do under Lampard last season? His Premier League goals were 2 vs West Ham, one vs Arsenal when they were well beaten and then against top calibre opposition in Newcastle, Sheffield United and West Brom.  Rest of his goals came vs Luton, Barnsley and Rennes. So he only scored in 9 games out of 33 he played. Hardly proven 

7 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Edouard is the player that I would like.  Probably at least £10-20m cheaper than Tammy, from what you read, and similar profiles.  I know it's not my money but I expect there is only a limited pot or that ffp will kick in at some point to restrict spend and I want other signings as well.

I am surprised that he hasn't moved yet.  Obviously, Leicester chose to go in a different direction.

Striker options of Watkins, Edouard and Wes (with Davis out on loan) with Barry and Young as back up would give us plenty of options/bench depth and variation. 

I wouldn't object to Tammy if he came in - although I am not as convinced by many on here - as long as the size of the spend required doesn't limit what we could do elsewhere.  But I would like another option.

I’m not convinced by Edouard and now that Rogers who knows him well and could’ve easily got him cheaply ended up avoiding him for a more expensive Daka I’m even less convinced.

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn’t say he did “nothing” last season.

But you can’t start using goals he scored in the FA cup last season to back up your argument that he’s had more than one successful premier league campaign. Unless he’s lining up against Luton Town this season, looking to replicate his hat trick against them but this time in a top flight fixture, it’s kinda irrelevant to his previous form in the premier league.

For the record, I’m kinda indifferent on Tammy. For the right price, sure. But I’ve never been of the opinion a return was on the cards. I’m not sure how interested Villa have been, even less sure about Tammy’s interest.

Just now, Zatman said:

What did he do under Lampard last season? His Premier League goals were 2 vs West Ham, one vs Arsenal when they were well beaten and then against top calibre opposition in Newcastle, Sheffield United and West Brom.  Rest of his goals came vs Luton, Barnsley and Rennes. So he only scored in 9 games out of 33 he played. Hardly proven 

He scored 12 goals in his 32 appearances across the season, a goal every 128 minutes plus 6 assists.  Ollie only scored 16 goals, a goal every 215 minutes and 5 assists.  

So you are talking nonsense because he didn’t play every minute of every game you aren’t counting it, you know that’s BS.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He scored 12 goals in his 32 appearances across the season, a goal every 128 minutes plus 6 assists.  Ollie only scored 16 goals, a goal every 215 minutes and 5 assists.  

So you are talking nonsense because he didn’t play every minute of every game you aren’t counting it, you know that’s BS.

Majority of his goals came in cup competitions which includes one top flight French club in a dead rubber game

Edited by Zatman

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

But you can’t start using goals he scored in the FA cup last season to back up your argument that he’s had more than one successful premier league campaign. Unless he’s lining up against Luton Town this season, looking to replicate his hat trick against them but this time in a top flight fixture, it’s kinda irrelevant to his previous form in the premier league.

But if you read the thread it was if Tammy hadn’t played last played last season, so it couldn’t be counted but he played in the PL and cups so talking about you can’t count the season was rubbish.  He played in the PL, I put up the stats which showed he contributed good stats but it wasn’t enough apparently.  He’s proved he can score in the two seasons at the top level.

Why is this thread still open? There have been no credible links or murmurs of anything for weeks (months). The first "link" wasn't even a link it was click bait shit from lazy reporting. 

It's like having a wish list thread open. "I would like x player at the club... lets discuss if he would be good for us"... That's great and the discussion in principle is fine, but I was under the impression that threads in this section were only to be opened when there were actual links etc. 

Go and discuss the merits/flaws of Tammy Abraham in other football. He's not coming to Villa. 

C'mon mods ffs. 

• Like 4

Â