Tammy Abraham

nick76

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why aren't these clubs signing Tammy then? 

You said that is if you know for a fine fact no one is out to sign him, I see the crystal ball is out, Mystic Kiwi 😂.

There will be interested clubs no doubt and for all we know we maybe an interested party. Chelsea want to finally sell him this season it seems and Chelsea will want to get top dollar they can for him if possible, that does mean that they may try to get as many clubs interested and hope some sort of bid war kicks off, takes time that. It maybe that he isn't signed till end of the season there are lots of factors that could make signing someone more awkward or prolongue the signing.

Edited by Dave-R

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because teams don't tend to have £40m back up strikers... 

Liverpool - Jota

Spurs - Bale equivalent of 40m at least for large spells on the bench

Arsenal - Lacazette and Auba have had spells on the bench

Aguero - older player now but had spells on the bench and Jesus had

Chelsea -  Tammy, Giroud

Man Utd - How much is Greenwood worth;  Martial...

I mean these are all players of value....some are lower because of their age and some are more....you cant be disingenuous with your arguments

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Further to that who was the last team to have 2 England International strikers in the same squad?

What has that got to do with the price of bread what country they come from....surely you arent arguing that we shouldnt have two players from the same country competing for the same position in the squad.  I dont even know what to make of that comment it seems a little added on to add some kind trying to buff out your argument and failing.

On 20/07/2021 at 05:43, DaveAV1 said:

You know we’re still only allowed 11 on the pitch right? Unfair though I think that is. 

What I meant was that they are both good enough to play up front but if one of them gets injured then we are still ok in terms of attacking football.

• Like 2

Just now, nick76 said:

Liverpool - Jota

Chelsea -  Tammy, Giroud

I mean these are all players of value....some are lower because of their age and some are more....you cant be disingenuous with your arguments

You can't name some of the players you have who aren't strikers but are wide forward/attacking mids and not include the like players in our team. You're just inventing striker back up in other teams. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Liverpool - Jota

Chelsea -  Tammy, Giroud

Jota isn't a striker he's a winger

Same with bale

Auba plays on the wing, lacazette was benched due to poor form

Aguero has now gone leaving just jesus

Tammy and giroud cost Chelsea £0

Greenwood cost utd £0 and plays on the right, martial you are right but I think Tammy is better 

Point remains who in the league has a £30m first choice striker and a £40m second choice striker? 

No one... 

Why aren't spurs buying him as back up for kane?

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah you do but not a £40m one

This is going round in circles again and I've jumped in again after trying not to

The deal doesn't make sense for us or him, the links are piss weak and it's a pointless debate 

Going out of here again 

Nobody is saying he's going to be 40 million for Christ sake lol. This is a press/media price being tossed around for us all. What was the price the media initially said Buendia would cost?? the price that we'd have to pay for ESR?? 40 million wasn't it.

Why are people saying that Tammy is going to cost 40 million just because the media float it around.

If you lot got it into you head of why a media link is piss weak for Tammy then why do you keep on buying into the fact Tammy is going to be sold at 40 million, the media are throwing that out as well.

Sothe idea around here is to not believe a Tammy link but believe a bit in that same article that he will cost 40 million??

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What has that got to do with the price of bread what country they come from....surely you arent arguing that we shouldnt have two players from the same country competing for the same position in the squad.  I dont even know what to make of that comment it seems a little added on to add some kind trying to buff out your argument and failing.

I'm saying that it doesn't happen

This kind of transfer would be incredibly rare even amongst the best teams in the league 

Just now, Dave-R said:

Nobody is saying he's going to be 40 million for Christ sake lol. This is a press/media price being tossed around for us all. What was the price the media initially said Buendia would cost?? the price that we'd have to pay for ESR?? 40 million wasn't it.

Why are people saying that Tammy is going to cost 40 million just because the media float it around.

If you lot got it into you head of why a media link is piss weak for Tammy then why do you keep on buying into the fact Tammy is going to be sold at 40 million, the media are throwing that out as well.

Sothe idea around here is to not believe a Tammy link but believe a bit in that same article that he will cost 40 million??

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

OK £30m

Whats the difference? We don't need a £30m 2nd choice striker 

Edited by villa4europe

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

This is going round in circles again and I've jumped in again after trying not to

Revenge Of The Sith Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Join Us GIF by memecandy

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The deal doesn't make sense for us or him,

makes perfect sense for us and him....this is a slam dunk deal that works for him and us if I ever saw one!

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

it's a pointless debate 

Yet you are still here

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going out of here again

See You Soon GIF by memecandy

• Like 2

Just now, villa4europe said:

OK £30m

Whats the difference? We don't need a £30m 2nd choice striker 

Exactly what is the difference, were not paying for it our Owners are and were not spending our money are we. If our Owners bring the money out and say here Smith do with it what you will, then Smith goes buy Tammy for 20 to 40 mill, then whothe hellare we to complain. Trust the judgement of Smith we must and trust that we need a better option that Davis and Wesley for the upcoming season and fight into the top 6.

I think some of you don't want to competez ithink you'd be happy settling for another mid table finish next season. You want to rest a whole season on ifs and maybes no wonder they removed the prepared of the badge becaus eof you fans thinking unprepared, let's have unprepared but on the badge now shall we 😂😂

• Like 1

Same with bale

Greenwood cost utd £0 and plays on the right, martial you are right but I think Tammy is better 

Point remains who in the league has a £30m first choice striker and a £40m second choice striker? 

No one... 

So disingenuous.... 

• Thanks 1

I'm saying that it doesn't happen

This kind of transfer would be incredibly rare even amongst the best teams in the league 

Nothing wrong with more quality in the second striker department.

45 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We will pull off the heist of a century, Tammy contract won't even be visible to Arsenal and we will hire a Fraudster to document it all for Villa.

This will be the new Ocean film with VT users committing a heist, Pitt and Clooney said they down.

Dammit, I paused on ocean for like 5 minutes trying to figure out wtf u on about lol that'll teach me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So disingenuous.... 

If you think jota and bale are back up strikers rather than a back up wingers then like I said there's no point in this debate 

Liverpools back up striker is origi

Spurs back up striker is a guy they had on loan from benfica who scored 1 goal all season

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same with bale

No one... 

Why aren't spurs buying him as back up for kane?

Well for one if Tammy came who's to say he'd end up being second choice. You could actually make an arguement here that both can be played at alternate times, switching things up here and there is an option we could do with. Watkins has had dry spells where he wasn't scoring, two in fact right?? 

Who's to saythatVilla isn't working on a type of deal to get Tammy here, one that is a wicked price in the end like what the Martinez price were. Lange seems to be very good at getting players for a cut price bargain, even had Buendia 10 mills cheaper than what everyone thought he'd come for.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

What I meant was that they are both good enough to play up front but if one of them gets injured then we are still ok in terms of attacking football.

Sorry I was just being facetious. I agree. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If you think jota and bale are back up strikers rather than a back up wingers then like I said there's no point in this debate 

Spurs back up striker is a guy they had on loan from benfica who scored 1 goal all season

They are forward players, it's BS trying to pigeon hole to suit your argument.  It's like the argument I had with somebody about Salah whose not a "striker" but plays closer to the box than Kane does most of the time.  Even the stat guys cant put these players into a old style categorisation.  I could go through each one but you'd come back trying to oppose it so it's not worth it.  They are forward players like your example of Jota, according to the stats he played more as a centre forward than LW

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/diogo-jota/leistungsdaten/spieler/340950/plus/0?saison=2020

image.png.ae25026f086edf0871b6b5880b02fdec.png

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Your point is that we should follow suit and chance a whole season on what we've got right? And of course follow suit in placing trust in the already here clubs back ups??

While I understand that, I also think if we have the power to buck that trend then we should. We should by all means have a second striker who can come in at any given notice and kick ass. That would be the differenc between us and them that we could continue to hammer goals home and they can't it could be the difference in a season like last where we missed out and us gaining entry into europe. Just because other clubs do what you say doesn't mean we should be like them. We should be aiming for as little downtime as we can when problems arise and arise they will, we need to make sure that we keep momentum flowing in the right direction by scoring goals from our forward positions.

Â