Tammy Abraham

nick76

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One season proven, how is that proven? His other top flight seasons combined got him 11 goals

But it’s not one season is it, even if you just count the last two seasons he has 15 goals, 4 assists in the PL at an average of goal every 148 minutes in 19/20. Also in the Champions League, he had 3 goals against the likes of Lille and Bayern Munich at a goal every 189 minutes in 19/20.  

Then in 20/21 appearance in 22 PL matches although he only got equivalent of 1033 minutes but managed 6 goals and 2 assists, average goal time was 172 minutes, along with 1 goal and two assists in the Champions League and 4 goals in the FA Cup.

Thats the two last seasons, and he’s only 23.  He’s proved he can do it at this level

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Nketiah struggled at Leeds and has a slightly better goal record than Davis. Auba gave up after his contract 

Nketiah is garbage. Anyone that says otherwise hasn't watched him and is just throwing his name around

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not jealous of them I’d just be jealous of options upfront if they get Tammy as well.  We only have Ollie as a certainty because Wes is unknown and Davis is out of favour but they would have Auba, Tammy, Lacazette and Nkeitah.

Yeah but of those only Tammy is actually any good these days. Nketiah has potential of course but unproven. Auba and Lacazette have been poor for a while and they will want to shift at least one of them.

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah but of those only Tammy is actually any good these days. Nketiah has potential of course but unproven. Auba and Lacazette have been poor for a while and they will want to shift at least one of them.

So we should get Tammy ourselves then?

Join Us GIF by memecandy

As for Auba and Lacazette I agree but they are quality forwards.  I think a lot of that is down to poor management, poor tactics and some poor players around them but Auba looks less interested now he has his new big fat contract.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

As for Auba and Lacazette I agree but they are quality forwards.  I think a lot of that is down to poor management, poor tactics and some poor players around them but Auba looks less interested now he has his new big fat contract

Auba I think it’s age. He’s 32 now and he’s lost a yard.

Lacazette I’m less convinced. Has been in the PL since 2017 and never once scored as many as Watkins did last season.

That’s why I think Tammy will score a bunch of goals from them - he’ll do exactly what those two have not been doing for a while.

• Like 1

I keep looking in on here to see if there has been any actual progress,  but no, it's just the usual squabbling and I hate myself. 

Rather like clicking on a Birmingham Live headline. 

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Auba I think it’s age. He’s 32 now and he’s lost a yard.

Lacazette I’m less convinced. Has been in the PL since 2017 and never once scored as many as Watkins did last season.

That’s why I think Tammy will score a bunch of goals from them - he’ll do exactly what those two have not been doing for a while.

So a player that can make us stronger (and I think we need, some agree, some disagree with this) might be going to one of our rivals to make them stronger....Great!

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I keep looking in on here to see if there has been any actual progress,  but no, it's just the usual squabbling and I hate myself. 

Rather like clicking on a Birmingham Live headline. 

Dont put me, Dave and this wonderful thread in the same category as Ashley Preece mate, I'm honest and say I know bugger all....plus you dont get amazing gifs like Dave and I do!

At least you didnt say we were like Gregg Evans and the Athletic who are anti-Villa, then there would've been fights😂

Jennifer Aniston Fighting GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We're not buying players on hypothetical injuries. Barely any club does this and don't say someone like Manure have several options when they've spent 1 billion on transfers in 10 years. Also Greenwood has played 31 games each season last 2 seasons plus European games etc and started same age as Brad Young

Watkins is not going to keep going all season long without any injury occuring and it's not right expecting him to play all season long. Even he will expect someone of not to rotate for him.

Fact is clubs have players ready to jump in for many reasons and it also changes things up. Didn't you notice top teams starting to get use to Watkins last season, his output slowed down for many reasons, bring Tammy in and it confuses them again.

Can't be playing one player all season or Teams just learn how to deal with that player and they are easier to plan against.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Imagine what @nick76 and @Dave-R are going to do to the Emirates stadium if Arsenal sign Tammy. I wouldn't wanna be a plastic seat in that stadium I can tell ya.

We will pull off the heist of a century, Tammy contract won't even be visible to Arsenal and we will hire a Fraudster to document it all for Villa.

This will be the new Ocean film with VT users committing a heist, Pitt and Clooney said they down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I have a feeling that Watkins will be one of those few players who won't suffer injuries.

He just seem to have that perfect genetic makeup. 

Bringing up the Wesley incident is absolutely ridiculous. You don't play around and overpay around unlikeliness

It's like deciding not swimming because you may be attacked by a shark. 

You do when you have ambition and our Owners and Smith does. Were going to have to go for Europe this season and question mark strikers such as Davis and Wesley is not a good sign. As I said Watkins is out for any reason and we stop scoring and winning then you will be one of the first to shout Smith out Villa (yes we all know you lol).

We need a second striker who can compete with Watkins and keep Watkins moving in right direction, maybe even out him and yes it's a possiblity. Some of you want Watkins to be the main man and in alot of ways I do also but you are failing to see that we have to upgrade on what we already have, that's means your fav players you can't stomache to see lose out. If they are that good they should have no problems reclaiming a place anyway but this is business and Villa is moving up. We won't compete in Europe with question marks and maybes, that is for sure, we won't even make Europe if we don't bring a second striker of note like Watkins in.

5 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

we won't even make Europe if we don't bring a second striker of note like Watkins in.

Load of crap. See converted RM/RB/RWB Antonio as main West Ham striker with 10 goals last season and injured often. 6th place. They signed Lingard on loan. Not a striker

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So a player that can make us stronger (and I think we need, some agree, some disagree with this) might be going to one of our rivals to make them stronger....Great!

There in denial and have put there words saying he's crap on to high a tower Nick.

They don't want to back down from this daftness they speak because these Tammy haters have put themselves that high on putting him down, that if he came through and pulled off another wicked session in a Villashirt then they'd feel like clowns.

I honestly hope that somehow Tammy would be brought here just to shut them up. Sure Watkins is our top dog but that does not mean Tammy couldn't under Smith be a different and just as good option as Watkins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Load of crap. See converted RM/RB/RWB Antonio as main West Ham striker with 10 goals last season and injured often. 6th place. They signed Lingard on loan. Not a striker

Yep, of we sign Tammy then you could argue we have the best 2nd striker in the league, no one has that kind of quality on the bench as back up striker, not even city or utd 

Edit - leicester would probably be the best 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

That's him though, doesn't mean it will translate to Watkins if he goes through Injury does it now. An Injury to Watkins could have a massive bad affect on Watkins could it not? You are using another player to try and use it with Watkins and somehow try and justify that Watkins will come out with a better spell, sure it's possible but why even tempt fate, have another decent striker at hand.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, of we sign Tammy then you could argue we have the best 2nd striker in the league, no one has that kind of quality on the bench as back up striker, not even city or utd 

Edit - leicester would probably be the best 

Why aren't these clubs signing Tammy then? 

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's him though, doesn't mean it will translate to Watkins if he goes through Injury does it now. An Injury to Watkins could have a massive bad affect on Watkins could it not? You are using another player to try and use it with Watkins and somehow try and justify that Watkins will come out with a better spell, sure it's possible but why even tempt fate, have another decent striker at hand.

That's just word salad. I can't even process

• Confused 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Why aren't these clubs signing Tammy then? 

Because teams don't tend to have £40m back up strikers... 

For me Leicester would be the only other team in the league that has that calibre of player sat on the bench 

Further to that who was the last team to have 2 England International strikers in the same squad? I'm guessing Liverpool with fowler and Owen failing that Newcastle maybe with shearer and ferdinand? 

It would be really rare in modern 1 up top football 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I have a feeling that Watkins will be one of those few players who won't suffer injuries.

He just seem to have that perfect genetic makeup. 

Seem a bit of a bizarre statement to be honest because past doesnt always mean future especially with injuries.  Injuries arent all dependent on genetic make up but the physical game that is being played from other players injuring you, something that happens in a game, general wear and tear especially somebody who goes and goes like Ollie does plus age creeps up on you and things you didnt have injuries on in your late teens/early twenties can start occurring after mid-twenties and into the thirties.  Plus your feelings on a tv couch doesnt give you insight into his genetics, medicals or wear and tear on his muscles, movement and/or bones because I'm assuming you are neither a doctor or have seen any of his medical reports.

Plus it's not a real discussion because this is one of many reasons to get Tammy, not the only one.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah you do but not a £40m one

This is going round in circles again and I've jumped in again after trying not to

The deal doesn't make sense for us or him, the links are piss weak and it's a pointless debate 

Going out of here again 

• Like 1

Â