Tammy Abraham

nick76

56 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just because he went a season out, doesn't mean it's not going to happen, then we don't know how severe the injury will be if it arrives.

I have a feeling that Watkins will be one of those few players who won't suffer injuries.

He just seem to have that perfect genetic makeup. 

Bringing up the Wesley incident is absolutely ridiculous. You don't play around and overpay around unlikeliness. 

It's like deciding not swimming because you may be attacked by a shark. 

Edited by villalad21

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Imagine what @nick76 and @Dave-R are going to do to the Emirates stadium if Arsenal sign Tammy. I wouldn't wanna be a plastic seat in that stadium I can tell ya.

Fair dues if they do buy him.  They already have Auba, Lacazette, Nkeitah but for a non-European competition playing team next season they could add another striker but we aren’t supposed to have more than Ollie playing every minute of every game. Small club mentality by some on here of how the Villa should be 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

So Arsenal will have Auba, Lacazette, Martinelli and Tammy next season. Good options to be fair.

Think Lacazette is leaving and he will replace him 

4 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

So Arsenal will have Auba, Lacazette, Martinelli and Tammy next season. Good options to be fair.

and Nkeitah but fans on here think we shouldn’t have options and everything should be on Ollie’s shoulders with Wes an unknown and Davis out of favour

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Fair dues if they do buy him.  They already have Auba, Lacazette, Nkeitah but for a non-European competition playing team next season they could add another striker but we aren’t supposed to have more than Ollie playing every minute of every game. Small club mentality by some on here of how the Villa should be 🙄

Mm nobody is saying we shouldnt add another striker. Its adding Tammy for 40 million thats the problem 

Edited by Zatman

Just now, nick76 said:

I think we are a genuine competitor with Arsenal, If he has the choice of us or them and does go there, then its not because he doesn't fancy the battle with Ollie, it probably means he just wants to stay in London.

Odd though, he might as well sit on his arse at Chelsea. 

However, just imagine if it comes down to a choice between Arsenal an Villa and he comes here, there would be blood spilt down there.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Mm nobody is saying we shouldnt add another striker. Its adding Tammy for 40 million thats the problem 

Yeah adding a quality young proven PL striker at probably the going rate is just plain silly.  Let’s leave it to one of our rivals who already currently have Auba, Lacazette and Nkeitah to add another to there ranks and make them stronger.  Also I was told Tammy would only move if guaranteed a starting spot every week 🤔

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

and Nkeitah but fans on here think we shouldn’t have options and everything should be on Ollie’s shoulders with Wes an unknown and Davis out of favour

I completely agree but as a business decision we really should see what Wes has got first.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Still would have Auba, Nkeitah and Tammy

Nketiah struggled at Leeds and has a slightly better goal record than Davis. Auba gave up after his contract 

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

think we are a genuine competitor with Arsenal, If he has the choice of us or them and does go there, then its not because he doesn't fancy the battle with Ollie, it probably means he just wants to stay in London.

Odd though, he might as well sit on his arse at Chelsea. 

I don’t particularly think we should sign Tammy but if he goes to Arsenal - who DON’T have Watkins - he’ll play every game as centre forward and score 20+ goals.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah adding a quality young proven PL striker at probably the going rate is just plain silly.  Let’s leave it to one of our rivals who already currently have Auba, Lacazette and Nkeitah to add another to there ranks and make them stronger.  Also I was told Tammy would only move if guaranteed a starting spot every week 🤔

Proven?  One top flight season in double figures like Anwar 

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

Tammy isn't worth 40m. Glad they're buying him and not us.

Arsenal apparently have a 180m transfer budget and they've spent half of it on Ben White and Tammy

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

One step closer to the lock. 🙏

Surprised that Chelsea would sell to Arsenal (the manager clearly does have a problem with Tammy then). It would also put to bed the idea that Tammy would want a guaranteed starting place (he won't get one there). Perhaps this will make the club choose whether or not to give him the option of a stretch in Holloway or Aston (I know which I'd choose;))? 

image.jpeg.316b1c505798ecc85178cf283e435f8b.jpeg Aston Hall | Day Out With The Kids

Â