Tammy Abraham

nick76

Nick I'm proud of you bud, next milestone is 100 pages 😂.

See if these Tammy Haters got on board and realised how wonderful a player he would be for Villa and how well he'd partner Watkins, then they would wake up from slumber alot quicker.

What I don't get is that Smith rates Tammy and I feel as though if they question Tammy that they are questioning Smith's admiration of Tammy and questioning Smirh also.

It's just not on just accept Tammy may come here as much as any other player that has a thread at the moment.

Just go with the flow everyone

music video fashion GIF by Apple Music

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

See if these Tammy Haters got on board and realised how wonderful a player he would be for Villa and how well he'd partner Watkins, then they would wake up from slumber alot quicker.

What I don't get is that Smith rates Tammy and I feel as though if they question Tammy that they are questioning Smith's admiration of Tammy and questioning Smirh also.

It's just not on just accept Tammy may come here as much as any other player that has a thread at the moment.

Mate, proud of you too.  😂

Can feel that by the time we get to about 150 pages that we will have convinced some of the Negative Nancy’s that Tammy is the right player to buy. 😉

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

I actually rate them equally Jas and would gladly love both in Villa shirts because I can see past a 40 mill thing people on here keep floating around or saying it's Tammy fantasy or some kind of daftness. It's not anything like that it's that I see how much options having him at the Club would bring into play for the squad and Smith.

sugar substitute 80s GIF

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Mate, proud of you too.  😂

Can feel that by the time we get to about 150 pages that we will have convinced some of the Negative Nancy’s that Tammy is the right player to buy. 😉

Indeed we will assimilate these VT Tammy haters 😂

Assimilate Star Trek GIF by Paramount+

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I, along with others, haven’t questioned Tammy so much… our questions were different…

Again, I don’t want to repeat myself. We’ve been over it so many times…

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I actually rate them equally Jas and would gladly love both in Villa shirts because I can see past a 40 mill thing people on here keep floating around or saying it's Tammy fantasy or some kind of daftness. It's not anything like that it's that I see how much options having him at the Club would bring into play for the squad and Smith.

sugar substitute 80s GIF

He would be welcome under the right circumstances…

But Ollie is the better player…

Just now, Jas10 said:

I, along with others, haven’t questioned Tammy so much… our questions were different…

Again, I don’t want to repeat myself. We’ve been over it so many times…

Yours and everyone's questions were validly answeredlight saber fighting GIF

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

He would be welcome under the right circumstances…

But Ollie is the better player…

I don't think he is and I think if it were Tammy in Ollie's shoes, I think Smith would be having Tammy firing on all cylinders just likes he's done with Warkins. Ollie is a year older than Tammy by a year but as I've said much that they both have there pros and cons. I do not think either one of them is worse than the other and as I also said they would just compliment each other and make each other stronger.

Imagine if it were other way round, I'd be now throwing that same support towards bringing Watkins in for 33 million because of the same reasons as I've mentioned over pages and pages. I just feel that we deserve a great pair of forwards and Tammy and Watkins can be that under Smith.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

I don't think he is and I think if it were Tammy in Ollie's shoes, I think Smith would be having Tammy firing on all cylinders just likes he's done with Warkins. Ollie is a year older than Tammy by a year but as I've said much that they both have there pros and cons. I do not think either one of them is worse than the other and as I also said they would just compliment each other and make each other stronger.

Imagine if it were other way round, I'd be now throwing that same support towards bringing Watkins in for 33 million because of the same reasons as I've mentioned over pages and pages. I just feel that we deserve a great pair of forwards and Tammy and Watkins can be that under Smith.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

We're not playing 2 up top or moving Watkins from focal point. 

We don't need to play 2 up top to have Tammy at Villa and even if that's the case Smith has been known to do that in the second half and add in Davis as a second striker.

We have a thing called changing things up at Villa called substitutions, there's also Injury, rotation, healing time, squad depth and more.

If we're not playing two up front which I know then we may as well just go ahead and sell Davis and Wesley Kiwi. Davis isn't good enough and Wesley may not be also. Would you really risk a whole season on a question mark player because that's where we're heading with this talk.

People think Watkins is going to keep doing season upon season, that he's a terminator (even though those can be injured). Anyhow there has to be someone who can jump in and do the job if Watkins gets put out for one of the many reasons that could happen. Watkins goes down and we stop scoring goals, uproar goes on the moment we start slipping down the table because we don't have Watkins goals coming in, to stop that you spend on another decent striker and Tammy is that man. You won't get anyone cheaper than Tammy for what Tammy can do at 30 mil and up.

• Like 1

Apparently, Arsenal are negotiating a loan with obligation to buy… (possibly more media BS)…

We’d be wise to try and get in on that but maybe without the obligation. Even so, it would free up funds to spend on other areas while strengthening the striking department. Although where would that leave Wesley? I expect Davis to go out on loan…

If we can build a really strong side now, make that first XI formidable, with no real/major weaknesses, then we could afford to pay the fee, and maybe only make another 1-2 signings, the following season…

I’d really like to see us “go for it” this window, the opportunity to surpass some of the teams that finished above us last season is there…and to get European football (which is when we could do with more expensive or higher calibre options)..

I doubt that we are interested in Tammy though… there are no links and there are bigger priorities…

My main issue would be spending 40-50m on him this summer when we have more pressing concerns and needn’t spend so much on someone to cover at CF. For around 20m it’s possible to get someone good in who can play well in more than one forward position, on the wings and CF when required…

We simply aren’t going to play with two CFs either…

Again, spending £40m+ (it’s highly unlikely to be any less, valuation of £50m according to some reports), which would be smashing our transfer record, on someone who isn’t a guaranteed starter or major upgrade on our first XI is not the most sensible kind of business we could do, not right now anyway. But a loan…

We must address the midfield conundrum (protect the defence & GK from so much pressure and shots, dominate the ball and control possession, cut out the hurried, sloppy, careless passes and stop giving it away so easily or carelessly, some strength to play toe to toe with teams and not be overpowered, ability to win the ball in the air, composure & quality), fill the hole left by Engels (a better, more useful option, ideally someone who could eventually succeed Mings), and another attacking/creative option which we seem to be pursuing, whether that’s a CAM or winger depending on where Jack plays… that’s where we will go big by the looks/sounds of it… but I feel a DM is just as important if not more so (I don’t know if Dean sees it that way though…).

We have to realise that we have a limited budget and are restricted by FFP, you can’t just overlook that. Highly unlikely we’ll spend anywhere near £200m for example but wouldn’t that be lovely?

So maybe that rules out the DM too…

Yes, our owners are wealthy but their hands are tied somewhat…

Until we improve and increase our sources and amount of income/revenue and commercial avenues, we can’t spend like crazy and with all the youngsters we are signing, the club would seemingly like to promote from within and maybe not spend so heavily or as frequently on new players either…

We have to realise where we are as a club right now and what our capability is…

We are not going to cripple ourselves with debt such as the likes of Arsenal have done, we have possibly the best run club and best owners in this league that are working to improve us in all areas and ensure that we are both a successful & sustainable club… 

9 hours ago, Dave-R said:

We don't need to play 2 up top to have Tammy at Villa and even if that's the case Smith has been known to do that in the second half and add in Davis as a second striker.

We have a thing called changing things up at Villa called substitutions, there's also Injury, rotation, healing time, squad depth and more.

If we're not playing two up front which I know then we may as well just go ahead and sell Davis and Wesley Kiwi. Davis isn't good enough and Wesley may not be also. Would you really risk a whole season on a question mark player because that's where we're heading with this talk.

People think Watkins is going to keep doing season upon season, that he's a terminator (even though those can be injured). Anyhow there has to be someone who can jump in and do the job if Watkins gets put out for one of the many reasons that could happen. Watkins goes down and we stop scoring goals, uproar goes on the moment we start slipping down the table because we don't have Watkins goals coming in, to stop that you spend on another decent striker and Tammy is that man. You won't get anyone cheaper than Tammy for what Tammy can do at 30 mil and up.

To your last point. 

I think he is the closest thing you'll find to a terminator. 

Don’t think I've ever seen a fitter player at Villa. 

Guy is just non stop running and isn’t slowing down. Been doing it for 5 years and will keep doing it for another 5 years. 

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

To your last point. 

I think he is the closest thing you'll find to a terminator. 

Don’t think I've ever seen a fitter player at Villa. 

Guy is just non stop running and isn’t slowing down. Been doing it for 5 years and will keep doing it for another 5 years. 

But even terminators get hurt VillaLad or they need other terminators help because more arrive from future 😂

10 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

But even terminators get hurt VillaLad or they need other terminators help because more arrive from future 😂

Watkins has never been hurt this far.

I think he might be next level tech👍

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Apparently, Arsenal are negotiating a loan with obligation to buy… (possibly more media BS)…

We’d be wise to try and get in on that but maybe without the obligation. Even so, it would free up funds to spend on other areas while strengthening the striking department. Although where would that leave Wesley? I expect Davis to go out on loan…

If we can build a really strong side now, make that first XI formidable, with no real/major weaknesses, then we could afford to pay the fee, and maybe only make another 1-2 signings, the following season…

I’d really like to see us “go for it” this window, the opportunity to surpass some of the teams that finished above us last season is there…and to get European football (which is when we could do with more expensive or higher calibre options)..

I doubt that we are interested in Tammy though… there are no links and there are bigger priorities…

My main issue would be spending 40-50m on him this summer when we have more pressing concerns and needn’t spend so much on someone to cover at CF. For around 20m it’s possible to get someone good in who can play well in more than one forward position, on the wings and CF when required…

We simply aren’t going to play with two CFs either…

Again, spending £40m+ (it’s highly unlikely to be any less, valuation of £50m according to some reports), which would be smashing our transfer record, on someone who isn’t a guaranteed starter or major upgrade on our first XI is not the most sensible kind of business we could do, not right now anyway. But a loan…

We must address the midfield conundrum (protect the defence & GK from so much pressure and shots, dominate the ball and control possession, cut out the hurried, sloppy, careless passes and stop giving it away so easily or carelessly, some strength to play toe to toe with teams and not be overpowered, ability to win the ball in the air, composure & quality), fill the hole left by Engels (a better, more useful option, ideally someone who could eventually succeed Mings), and another attacking/creative option which we seem to be pursuing, whether that’s a CAM or winger depending on where Jack plays… that’s where we will go big by the looks/sounds of it… but I feel a DM is just as important if not more so (I don’t know if Dean sees it that way though…).

We have to realise that we have a limited budget and are restricted by FFP, you can’t just overlook that. Highly unlikely we’ll spend anywhere near £200m for example but wouldn’t that be lovely?

So maybe that rules out the DM too…

Yes, our owners are wealthy but their hands are tied somewhat…

Until we improve and increase our sources and amount of income/revenue and commercial avenues, we can’t spend like crazy and with all the youngsters we are signing, the club would seemingly like to promote from within and maybe not spend so heavily or as frequently on new players either…

We have to realise where we are as a club right now and what our capability is…

We are not going to cripple ourselves with debt such as the likes of Arsenal have done, we have possibly the best run club and best owners in this league that are working to improve us in all areas and ensure that we are both a successful & sustainable club… 

We should to loan with option to buy on Tammy and if he works out just slap a little extra on. 

I'm not sure on our backups for the upcoming season will be able to efficiently do what Watkins does.

I think we have a strong side although there are some weaknesses and midfield and forward are the weaknesses. If last season proved one thing that we struggled to hold the ball up top and retain it. Also the moment we lost Grealish we slipped down the table so imagine losing Watkins and not be able to score or do what Watkins does. If we can bring another couple of signings in which would be a midfielder and a forward then I reckon we could accomplish sorting both jobs out.

We don't know how much the Owners want to put in or are willing to put in. Yes FFP is still a think but that loss people are going on about that we had last season that loss clubs were recording wasn't being taken against FFP was it due to covid? Pretty sure they relaxed the rules abit and Owners were allowed to dig it out there own pockets. Nope we won't cripple ourselves with debt but I doubt signing Tammy is going to stick us anywhere a near crippling situation. I understand you'd like us to keep all Avenues of income and that comes in time but part and parcel of doing that also is to bring better players in that sell merchandise and seats. You can't do one without the other and players bring the crowds, the better the player the better the crowds and merch sales.

11 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Ollie is a year older than Tammy by a year but as I've said much that they both have there pros and cons. I do not think either one of them is worse than the other and as I also said they would just compliment each other and make each other stronger.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Watkins has never been hurt this far.

I think he might be next level tech👍

Just because he went a season out, doesn't mean it's not going to happen, then we don't know how severe the injury will be if it arrives.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Just because he went a season out, doesn't mean it's not going to happen, then we don't know how severe the injury will be if it arrives.

We're not buying players on hypothetical injuries. Barely any club does this and don't say someone like Manure have several options when they've spent 1 billion on transfers in 10 years. Also Greenwood has played 31 games each season last 2 seasons plus European games etc and started same age as Brad Young

Â