Jump to content

Tammy Abraham


nick76
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, sne said:

But we are not after a leading striker, we are after someone who can help out and take the load off Watkins, that's why Tammy or anyone else for £40m doesn't make sense.

Don't agree because again for the millionth time is that there is nothing wrong with having another quality forward at the club. That mentality is like saying we should never have anymore quality than our existing first 11, in fact whyeven bother making the subs bench strong at all.

Again 40 million is a direct fee floating from media, nobody knows what Tammy will eventually be sold for apart from Chelsea and approaching clubs.

Tammy can help take the load of Watkins butat the same time, decent gametime can be offered to Tammy on the fact much could happen to derail Watkins in a season. Injury, rest, drymode, bans, rotation, system change during games, being a sub and possibly more can be some of the reasons Tammy plays.

I'm sure people on VTthink no one should compete with Watkins or even keep the lad on his toes, have to be honest it's pretty daft to think Davis can challenge Watkins and I'm not sure Wesley can as he's a big question mark for this season.

Tammy should be bought in for many reasons and some of you are trying to say that hes not good enough, sorry but for all we know he could have the same reaction to Smith training him as Watkins did and then look at the player he could become.

Why would some of you choose to begrudge Villa of having one more very good capable striker who could indeed on his day be as good as Watkins.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Thug said:

I don’t think you’re wrong.

but none of know anything for sure.

But let me ask you this;

IF we were able to spend £40m on Tammy without affecting our other targets

AND he was willing to come.

 

would you be happy with us getting him?

Yeah sure, nothing against him as person or player. 

Edit: The £40m would have to come from somewhere thou and would still effect our finances so actually no I think I'd say no thanks.

Edited by sne
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sne said:

And I don't think there is a chance in h that the club would spend the money Tammy would cost unless it is for a starting role, and I don't think the club feels we need a starting striker.

I think the problem is with all these player threads is we don’t actually know what the club feels.  

Apart from the two ESR bids everything else has been, what seems, blind speculation or hope from fans based on what they personally think is a the priority list from CAM, Striker, DM, CB, Winger etc etc and then speculating about budget or liking certain speculation/tweets/reporters/articles about a player they like or vice versa about they don’t like.

we don’t know how much we have to spend or what the clubs priorities are.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, thabucks said:

The thing is for the rumoured  £40 million price tag there is quite a selection of talented and more rounded strikers available. Tammy isn’t great at pressing nor creating something out of nothing himself. He can be a lethal finisher on his day no question, but is equally as wasteful when he’s off his game. He should be played regularly to get the most from him and that’s something we can look to offer with Watkins being main man in how we set up & play. 

Now I’m not against us buying a striker or spending big on one. My opinion is that I wouldn’t be spending it on Tammy who is little more than a finisher and £40million should get a more rounded player IMO. 

Did you even watch Tammy at all when he was with us, his press was very good and he never stopped much like Watkins doesn't. There is so much similarity between the two yet they are slightly different in there approach towards the opposition box. Sure each one of them has pros and cons but I honestly do not see Tammy with bad pressing as one of his cons. If I were honest I'd say Tammy has a messy approach that seems to pay off. I would certainly say Tammy strengths are that he doesn't give up chasing the ball, he can skill past two or three opponents and pops up when he's least expected to. I'd say one of his cons is he does need some shots to grow into games but another of his strengths is he's there defensively for his team also which should give you an indication of how much he roams around the pitch ball hunting, saved our bacon in our championship season plenty of times.

Tammy is a fine player and under the right coach could be improved alot, he's a year younger than Watkins so if Watkins does get sold down the line then Tammy would no doubt be kept and dropped in his place.

Tammy is also not far from a national call up again, wasn't he on Southgates shortlist for a call up? Imagine that having two forward going to a major tourney who play for Villa (a rareity but possible). At some point England's ageing forwards do have to move over and Watkins and Tammy could have there day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think the problem is with all these player threads is we don’t actually know what the club feels.  

Apart from the two ESR bids everything else has been, what seems, blind speculation or hope from fans based on what they personally think is a the priority list from CAM, Striker, DM, CB, Winger etc etc and then speculating about budget or liking certain speculation/tweets/reporters/articles about a player they like or vice versa about they don’t like.

we don’t know how much we have to spend or what the clubs priorities are.  

But we know the club made a £99m loss last season and that we are able to spend the money we are due to our owners pumping in money the club is not generating on it's own.

Us spending club record money on Tammy this summer feels far fetched to me all things considered.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Thug said:

I don’t think you’re wrong.

but none of know anything for sure.

But let me ask you this;

IF we were able to spend £40m on Tammy without affecting our other targets

AND he was willing to come.

 

would you be happy with us getting him?

asked to another person ofc, but for me, no i wouldnt, i think we could spend 40m more wisely, or on a better player.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, sne said:

But we know the club made a £99m loss last season and that we are able to spend the money we are due to our owners pumping in money the club is not generating on it's own.

Us spending club record money on Tammy this summer feels far fetched to me all things considered.

1) Depends if it was a club record, if 38m euros as reported elsewhere that would be 32.5m gbp which is under our record transfer.  Anyway that is just being glib but we dont know his fee.

2)  I agree about our loss and owners pumping in money but again we dont know what that will be.  They are targeting high end of the PL so depends on how quickly they want to do that, how they do that, our FFP standing, what our priorities are we just dont know.  Given our second bid for ESR you would expect that we at least have 30m more to spend...will that be it or is there a lot more

3)  I think after CAM, another striker is priority so if we the club do have more money that's where I would spend it.  Obviously others think DM is 2nd priority, which is my 3rd priority given how many midfielders we have and that Smith likes.  I would really like a DM but given we have McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba, Sanson and Ramsey, for two positions and considering none look like leaving I cant see the club bringing in another midfielder unless one or two leave and therefore could pay for itself.  i know a technical DM is very different to the players we have maybe except for Nakamba but from the outside Smith seems happy with his lot.

4)  For a big team we actually have a low highest transfer fee which is testament to the clubs transfer dealings (although we've only been in back in the top league for two seasons) so a competitive player being brought around that figure wouldnt be surprising.

5) The risk of only having Ollie......I can repeat the whole argument but Dave has covered most of it at the top of the page and everybody has heard it from me before.

 

Edited by nick76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Did you even watch Tammy at all when he was with us, his press was very good and he never stopped much like Watkins doesn't. There is so much similarity between the two yet they are slightly different in there approach towards the opposition box. Sure each one of them has pros and cons but I honestly do not see Tammy with bad pressing as one of his cons. If I were honest I'd say Tammy has a messy approach that seems to pay off. I would certainly say Tammy strengths are that he doesn't give up chasing the ball, he can skill past two or three opponents and pops up when he's least expected to. I'd say one of his cons is he does need some shots to grow into games but another of his strengths is he's there defensively for his team also which should give you an indication of how much he roams around the pitch ball hunting, saved our bacon in our championship season plenty of times.

Tammy is a fine player and under the right coach could be improved alot, he's a year younger than Watkins so if Watkins does get sold down the line then Tammy would no doubt be kept and dropped in his place.

Tammy is also not far from a national call up again, wasn't he on Southgates shortlist for a call up? Imagine that having two forward going to a major tourney who play for Villa (a rareity but possible). At some point England's ageing forwards do have to move over and Watkins and Tammy could have there day. 

I pretty much agree Dave but I think the big factor, as to whether we will bring in another CF, is what impact the coaches and medical staff believe Wesley can have this season. If we spend a decent chunk on Tammy or anyone else up front, I think it’s pretty certain that Wes is off, either on loan or sold. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I pretty much agree Dave but I think the big factor, as to whether we will bring in another CF, is what impact the coaches and medical staff believe Wesley can have this season. If we spend a decent chunk on Tammy or anyone else up front, I think it’s pretty certain that Wes is off, either on loan or sold. 

I think that's the biggest factor re Wes because if Wes was 100% fit, movement wise, functionally, physically and mentally it's almost hard to say bring Tammy in but we dont know.  We have 16 minutes at the end of last season and we just dont know how he's doing and I love the pictures of him at the moment but how is he doing in action, how does that translate to competitive matches and all that...18 months out with one of the worst injuries of that type and that they have seen according to our medical staff just is really concerning.  For me this is such an important season, if we dont progress then Jack will be thinking of his future and a few other players who are getting recognised now will be theirs as well.  We must have somebody putting away the goals that all our creativity will hopefully now create.  Putting all that on Ollie alone is crazy because of form, injury, tiredness, tactics, suspensions....whatever! so many reasons that it makes perfect sense to have two quality strikers...if Wes is that man then fine but is a huge risk.  Plus Tammy has a resell value, at 23 years old, could easily get back into the England squad if gets game time and goals and if it doesnt work out we still have a lot of resell value.

 

 

 

edit: and if anybody complains about me writing about Tammy again....in the 'summer transfer thread' they are talking about Marlon Harewood under MON so I'm not doing too bad!

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Love how one thin rumor has powered this thread to 70+ pages. If only their was a way to harness this energy for the good of all humankind. 

More than one rumour but I get your point.  If you think I’m like a dog with a bone on this, can you imagine how bad I am when I’m raising money for charities…the church has nothing on me when I’m draining money out of people for charity donations…I’m like your stalker ex boyfriend that sleeps in your bedroom closet and you don’t know about it 😜

oh no wtf GIF by Lifetime
 

 

p.s. I don’t actually do that but I am a like a dog with a bone sometimes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

More than one rumour but I get your point.  If you think I’m like a dog with a bone on this, can you imagine how bad I am when I’m raising money for charities…the church has nothing on me when I’m draining money out of people for charity donations…I’m like your stalker ex boyfriend that sleeps in your bedroom closet and you don’t know about it 😜

oh no wtf GIF by Lifetime
 

 

p.s. I don’t actually do that but I am a like a dog with a bone sometimes.

Maybe you could raise some of the money towards Tammy's exorbitant transfer fee and if you can also convince him that he's back up to Ollie and will have to earn his place. Then and only then would this transfer begin to interest me in the slightest...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

More than one rumour but I get your point.  If you think I’m like a dog with a bone on this, can you imagine how bad I am when I’m raising money for charities…the church has nothing on me when I’m draining money out of people for charity donations…I’m like your stalker ex boyfriend that sleeps in your bedroom closet and you don’t know about it 😜

oh no wtf GIF by Lifetime
 

 

p.s. I don’t actually do that but I am a like a dog with a bone sometimes.

Star Trek Kirk GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

Why not play 2 up front.Knowing that if one gets injured or whatever,we are good enough with only 1 up front,either one.

4132 works in quite a few games., especially if we a drawing with 20mins to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, nick76 said:

More than one rumour but I get your point.  If you think I’m like a dog with a bone on this, can you imagine how bad I am when I’m raising money for charities…the church has nothing on me when I’m draining money out of people for charity donations…I’m like your stalker ex boyfriend that sleeps in your bedroom closet and you don’t know about it 😜

oh no wtf GIF by Lifetime
 

 

p.s. I don’t actually do that but I am a like a dog with a bone sometimes.

oB4mC7dviiZo.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Lets face it.Tammy and Watkins are both good enough to play up front on their owne,so if we have them both then we have the field covered.

You know we’re still only allowed 11 on the pitch right? Unfair though I think that is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â