Tammy Abraham

nick76

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Never said you should stop. It's just personally one of my least favourite threads on this site for the reasons I've mentioned. 

Fair enough, it’s my favourite thread in the on topic section especially because we have so few links with any substance.  We all got excited about Bailey yesterday and then crashed a little after Percy said he’s been offered to many clubs but he’s on our list of potentials but no action to date.  So nothing else going on apart from the game which was great to have so back here after that for some chat.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know your laughing but it’s a valid point, we’ve come to our little area and not bothering anybody but people come over here and have no interest but just to complain. Weird!

Promise you I'm not laughing, I am genuinely glad this got its own topic.

Just wish fish puns got their own topic as well to be honest :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In Other Football or some other clubs forum 😉

Would be funny to me if we did actually sign him, how some on here will change their tune quickly and be two faced and becomes fans of him. 

Worst thing my way is that we dont sign him and the thread is moved or closed.

Just now, maqroll said:

Striker Depth Chart:

Watkins

Wesley 

Davis

Barry

Davis likely loaned out or sold. 

A 40m outlay on Tammy just isn't on, IMO.

Striker Depth Chart:

Watkins

Wesley (been out for 18 months and who knows whether he'll properly come back, last night wasnt a good start)

Davis (more out of favour than Tammy is at Chelsea...will be go on loan shortly)

Barry (a kid whose go immense talent but will only slowly be brought into the team over the next season or two, may even go out on loan to get regular adult football at competitive level)

A 25-40m outlay on Tammy makes sense, IMO given the lack of depth.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If we are desperate for a striker in January,  we'll buy one.

yep, probably a good idea to risk having to give up on this season if something goes wrong or not working! 🙄

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Would be funny to me if we did actually sign him, how some on here will change their tune quickly and be two faced and becomes fans of him. 

Worst thing my way is that we dont sign him and the thread is moved or closed.

I only speak for myself but I think you're confusing two things,

I've never said Tammy is crap, if we didn't have Ollie I'd be interested in signing him (albeit for less than is being touted)

Tammy is not the right fit for the club at the present time, I baulk at his transfer fee, his wages demands, his playing time expectations, plus the fact when we sign someone from Chelsea it's so their career can decline rapidly in one season (or less).

The only use for this thread at the moment, is that if anyone wants to know where Nick is.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I only speak for myself but I think you're confusing two things,

I've never said Tammy is crap, if we didn't have Ollie I'd be interested in signing him (albeit for less than is being touted)

Tammy is not the right fit for the club at the present time, I baulk at his transfer fee, his wages demands, his playing time expectations, plus the fact when we sign someone from Chelsea it's so their career can decline rapidly in one season (or less).

I’m glad you said at the beginning that you are only speak for yourself because a lot of us disagree with the part in bold.

If we can get Bailey and Alvarez in (wouldn’t you agree that it would be more sensible and necessary to spend 40-50m on such players than just another, single, CF?), the attack is looking really good.

No point spending big on another CF or finisher if we end up, again, struggling to create and dominate/control possession… we’ve got to get the service right first… plus it’s better to have goals coming from a variety of different areas or players rather than just relying on a single or main source/position…

Another out & out CF isn’t going to help us dominate play & create chances… look how we struggled without Jack and how bad or ineffective Barkley turned out to be… (yet more evidence that it isn’t necessarily or exclusively foreign players that struggle or don’t perform as well as expected…)

Ollie makes a huge contribution but there aren’t many others like him around, it’s probably because he used to be a winger and has developed more areas of his game than the average or usual target man…

I’m backing him to be up there with the top scorers… he’s going to be even better this season…

With signings like Bailey & Alvarez, we would have plenty of versatile and goal getting performers in the team. No lack of creativity either, Buendia alone would make sure of that 😆 but we would have others to chip in, not forgetting Jack… 

Jack & Ollie will have a heap of fun this season…

Beyond that, I am hoping for a DM. The midfield really needs sorting somehow… maybe our players will hit form but it’s kind of insecure/unstable there… Sanson injured, Luiz busy with Brazil and back late, Nakamba will be off to AFCON… McGinn is really going to have to step up and be consistent… at least improve on last season…

Then we need a young or backup CB & a GK (been linked to a few but none I’m keen on so far, Gazzaniga would be fine) to complete the squad.

So, in other words, a CF is really not high or highest on our list of priorities and we must acknowledge that there is a limit to how much we can spend, we can’t be reckless either… and it’s almost impossible to have the perfect/complete transfer window…

Anything  after that is a pleasant bonus… and depends on our remaining budget…

Is Tammy on loan being greedy? I would have no objection to that… but we aren’t spending big on him, we don’t have that capacity yet/right now and guys, please, he is not going to be available on the cheap. Chelsea will demand a big fee, reports have claimed 40-50m so far… they usually know how to do business…

If they somehow agree to a loan it would likely include an obligation to buy the following season (a view to buy would be excellent but I can’t see Chelsea going for that) and that would be fine so long as our team is formidable and strong in general. So we wouldn’t desperately need reinforcements in any/many areas. Then he could also help with our European campaign the following season 😉 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m glad you said at the beginning that you are only speak for yourself because a lot of us disagree with the part in bold.

When you say a lot of us, how many of your  personalities are we talking about? 😁

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Â