Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

English ref controversial Red card... 

I dunno, the 2nd leg swings round making it a 1 and half footed tackle, looks a lot worse than it it

Before the goal though they got away with an identical ampadu tackle on biscuits 

Just now, stewiek2 said:

Never a red card. He won the ball. Peter Walton naturally agreeing with the decision. The man's a plank.

Peter Walton makes a living by agreeing with the on field referee - I don't know why he's there ?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

English ref controversial Red card... 

I dunno, the 2nd leg swings round making it a 1 and half footed tackle, looks a lot worse than it it

Before the goal though they got away with an identical ampadu tackle on biscuits 

mmm biscuits 

• Haha 1

Moreno has got him sent off with that ridiculous overreaction but it doesn’t surprise me that it’s the premier league referee who’s bought it.

Shocking decision. In a tournament where refereeing has generally been at a high level you can always rely on Michael Oliver to showcase what the premier league does best. 

• Like 4

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Moreno has got him sent off with that ridiculous overreaction but it doesn’t surprise me that it’s the premier league referee who’s bought it.

Shocking decision. In a tournament where refereeing has generally been at a high level you can always rely on Michael Oliver to showcase what the premier league does best. 

This. Great to be able to compare the refereeing standards in a like for like way. English refs are dreadful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Red cards are dished out like confetti now, I’ve got an idea.

Take red cards away from the on field refs (now we have tech in the game) and leave it to the VAR folks entirely, that way, surely it would only be the really serious stuff that gets picked up.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Peter Walton makes a living by agreeing with the on field referee - I don't know why he's there ?

I have a feeling that the Premier League give ITV quite a bit of money for him to be on there singing the praises of the referees, especially the English ones.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Chris Kavanagh on VAR too

Â