Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

So Jack's role is now to be England saviour of the bench cuz the starting 11 are shit? Makes so much sense. 

Foden and Mount always put above him by pundits when they arnt on his level. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Even though you can't argue that SG hasn't been successful with his team picks, i would still like to see this. (I know it won't happen.)

england-euro2020-starting-xi-ukraine-874

I'd happily have Bellingham over Phillips too.

That’s probably the side I’d pick too. I’d probably have Phillips as a lone DM with mount just a touch further forward or at least with the free reign to go forward if needs be. 

I think we’ll see another conservative line up from Southgate. Similar to the side against Germany

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s probably the side I’d pick too. I’d probably have Phillips as a lone DM with mount just a touch further forward or at least with the free reign to go forward if needs be. 

I think we’ll see another conservative line up from Southgate. Similar to the side against Germany

I think he'll go back to 4 at the back. We changed to a 5-3-2 to match up to Germany. Ukraine play 4 at the back (and are obviously a lot worse than Germany anyway).

He'll drop Trippier for Mount and I hope he also drops Saka for Grealish (but could bring in Foden here too). Otherwise it will be the same XI. 

• Like 1

Germany have no idea why the English hate them so much when they see the English as just a little brother, the referee will have no impact on the game

Ref for England vs Germany was Dutch yet the Germans didnt complain as thats one of the 2 football enemies they have (other is Italy but thats more on trophies)

The outright perplextion of Germans when we booed their national anthem was stark, the waiter came over to us and asked "why do you hate us?" 

Zatman is right they really don't understand it let alone hate us back 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The outright perplextion of Germans when we booed their national anthem was stark, the waiter came over to us and asked "why do you hate us?" 

We're the Scotland here.

Also the shite some of our media pumps out both in and out of football paints Germany as 'the' enemy in some pretty gross ways.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rino8 said:

We're the Scotland here.

Also the shite some of our media pumps out both in and out of football paints Germany as 'the' enemy in some pretty gross ways.

I would say the bluenoses to Germanys Villa would be more accurate 😉

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That 40k at Wembley were going to boo any/every national anthem - absolutely nothing to do with it being German. Not saying it wasn't disrespectful, however it was just a really partisan atmosphere. I was at the game and didn't hear any anti-German (i.e. 10 German bombers, or whatever) being sang in the stadium at all.

I agree that they don't care about us as a 'rival' / and there is absolutely nothing in the refereeing selection. 

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

That 40k at Wembley were going to boo any/every national anthem - absolutely nothing to do with it being German. Not saying it wasn't disrespectful, however it was just a really partisan atmosphere. I was at the game and didn't hear any anti-German (i.e. 10 German bombers, or whatever) being sang in the stadium at all.

I agree that they don't care about us as a 'rival' / and there is absolutely nothing in the refereeing selection. 

That's was my answer "don't worry about it, we boo everyone" 

I don't think he understood my disdain due to me brushing it off jovially 

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

We're the Scotland here.

Yes it’s like England and Scotland, or Villa and Coventry. A 1 sided “rivalry”.

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

We're the Scotland here.

Except that rivalry 100% goes both ways?

Â