Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

8 minutes ago, will87 said:

I think at this point Southgate is just trying to give everyone some game time, in theory we should have too much for Ukraine whoever plays.

Sancho is playing because Saka is injured. Mount was always going to come back in. I don’t think it’s about giving everyone game time as I would expect both Chilwell and Bellingham, who are more than good enough for this match, to be playing if that were the case.

Southgate doesn’t want to start Grealish because he’s too unpredictable and that scares the shit out of him.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's more my belief that after 5 games per team Jack isn't catching insigne with what is left

Not unless he went full Roy of tge Rovers 

I think to suggest he could possibly win player of the tournament over states what hes done at international level to date, he'd need to be like he is for villa in the final, even if he did play there's nothing to suggest he'd get that much of the ball to let him dominate let alone that he'd dance around the Italians like he does around some of the prem teams 

Traitor 

Ron Burgundy No GIF

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The manager is a ****

What in the wide wide world of sports sense does this make, unreal.

You have to laugh at Man U fans trying to convince people that rotating the squad in the middle of a tournament is a normal tactical decision - "gets the jump on the opposition" or some shite - and nothing to do with Sancho signing for them.

Flies in the face of Southgate's supposed need for continuity in the squad as well.

Edited by His Name Is Death

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Traitor 

Ron Burgundy No GIF

I never said it was right or that I liked it 😉

But seriously if someone tomorrow posts a stat that rice and phillips passed the ball to mount or sancho 20+ times tonight when last week it was 2 to Jack... 

The germany game was 7 touches in 21 mins

He's better than that, I don't think it's just Southgate 

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

You have to laugh at the Man U fans trying to convince people that rotating the squad in the middle of a tournament is a normal tactical decision and nothing to do with Sancho signing for them.

Ha, unreal Mr Death. Sancho wasn't experienced enough to make the bench last week. Is Southgate really trying to convince us that he has turned Sancho into a better more experienced player in less then a week.

2 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

You have to laugh at the Man U fans trying to convince people that rotating the squad in the middle of a tournament is a normal tactical decision and nothing to do with Sancho signing for them.

Like I said in the jack thread the biggest problem is that sancho should have started by now 

He's a great player who had a great season 

Him not playing is as bad as Jack not playing 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I never said it was right or that I liked it 😉

But seriously if someone tomorrow posts a stat that rice and phillips passed the ball to mount or sancho 20+ times tonight when last week it was 2 to Jack... 

The germany game was 7 touches in 21 mins

He's better than that, I don't think it's just Southgate 

Talking of conspiracy theories then,.maybe the Southgate clique are jealous of all the attention Jack is getting and don't want hi. In the team.

Eni Aluko highlighting the absence of Mount meaning the midfield was flat…

Nothing to do with that player being replaced by a centre back and shifting to 5-2-3 then 😂

Mount has been very average in his performances so far and I like him.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The manager is a ****

What in the wide wide world of sports sense does this make, unreal.

ae71ee90-c51a-4334-9a6a-abcdb26d3894_tex

• Like 1

I think Southgate doesn’t want to start Grealish as it takes away the spotlight from Southgate and his “man-management/tactical” nous that the media will lavish on him when we win playing negative football. 

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Eni Aluko highlighting the absence of Mount meaning the midfield was flat…

Nothing to do with that player being replaced by a centre back and shifting to 5-2-3 then 😂

Mount has been very average in his performances so far and I like him.

Same and same

I had Mount down as a key player pre tournament and he's been surprisingly quiet 

Maybe a good reason to start him rather than bench him 

Â