Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you're an England fan, watching us cruise to a 4-0 win in a quarter final, and you're genuinely angry just because your favourite player didn't get to have a game, you might want to consider what you get out of these games and think about knocking it on the head.

Ukraine are beneath Jack's level.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Come on we have battered the opposition and have reached a consecutive semi final. You can view the opposition as poor but you can only beat you in front of you.

No goals conceded in 5 games and have scored 6 goals in the last 2 knock out games.

What does this have to do with praise being OTT? We didn’t need to do anything to win this game. I’d be amazed if we had many more shots than Ukraine tbh.  It was the most comfortable thing I’ve ever watched - and that’s fantastic. But a brilliant England performance? Looking impressive?

Not for me. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

What I will say I hope Tyrone and Jack take back to Villa what they've learned from this and how we can be harder to beat next season too.

Resting likes of McGinn from time to time would help. You don't always need your best 11 from very start to win every single game you play, could even put Jack on the bench for game or two to troll the opposition.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

If England don't go on and win the Euro's now then I don't know how they ever do it. 

Everything has fallen into place in our favour. 

The final will be against the first proper good side. They must now get to the final, then who knows.

Just now, bobzy said:

I’d class Germany as a proper good side tbh. 

They were a bit of a shadow of their usual selves. Big name, big history, but not at the top of their game currently. Can’t fault England, they put them away. 

• Like 1

Good job by England today.Really hope yall get it done.Easily the best team left on paper but of course still has to prove that.

Regardless good luck and hope yall win it.

• Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

They were a bit of a shadow of their usual selves. Big name, big history, but not at the top of their game currently. Can’t fault England, they put them away. 

Not at the top of their game and very hit or miss this tournament. Looked great against Portugal and awful against Hungary.

They were still several hundreds of levels above whatever this Ukraine side is. 

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

As bad as Germany were we still needed someone special to put them away.😉

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

For all the talk about easy runs, England have traditionally done a really good job of bottling easy runs and losing to minnows. It's a pleasant change of pace, even if it's not been particularly breathtaking football.

Really? Iceland in 2016 is only time in last 25 years that has happened, would say there was little between England and Croatia at last world cup when you actually look at the two teams and in the other tournaments England knocked out by Brazil, Portugal (2), Germany and Italy twice.

And Germany twice and Argentina in the 90s.

Edited by VillaChris

26 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

MattBianco's transition from shit pop star to shit Ukranian footballer has not gone well.

Whose side are you on? 

Excellent result. Ukraine were poor. England were effective. I think if Jack plays and gets fed properly he shows he is the best player on the pitch, and England score more. But Mount's defensive contribution provides England with more security. 

I have come to the conclusion that because Jack is carrying that shin injury, isn't training as much as everyone else, and hadn't returned to full fitness come the end of the season, Southgate doesn't want to risk Jack starting a game, and it getting to extra time and he has no subs left.

Jack is the impact sub in this tournament.

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

England have the one thing Italy don't like - pace. And I think we can defend as well as them especially as a unit. Spinazzola will be a huge miss for them.

Italy will no doubt be our toughest match in the tournament but I have never felt so positive about England winning a tournament as this one. 

1. We started the tournamanent slowly but are building momentum
  2.  Kane has started scoring again,
  3. playing at Wembley
  4. not conceded a goal
  5. Game changers off the bench

England will win it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Walker did well.

Thought he was poor. Two huge defensive **** ups which lead to Ukraine having their only real threats in the whole game (if it was Mings, people would be battering him for them). Also didn’t seem to offer much going forward.

• Like 2

Â