Euro 2020 : Quarter finals

BOF

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

I’ve never really got the hype about Belgium. Beyond KDB they are fairly average. Man for man England have much the better squad. Shame about the tactics!

KDB and I think Lukaku are great players, the rest of the squad seems rather average in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5th loss in 5 years since Martinez took over for Belgium. Missing Hazard and with de Bruine playing injured.

Edited by sne

Just now, theboyangel said:

Re Doku, a great performance and could be a player someone will take a punt on only to find out he’s garbage for 90% of the season. 

Only 19 I would take that gamble!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Belgium have the players but not the manager. Reminds me of England back in the early 00’s, and now.

Definitley 

For this overrated stuff you have to think for the last 10 years at various points they've had 

Courtois, mignolet

Vermaelen, vertonghen, alderwiereld, kompany, van buyten 

Witsel, KDB, tielemans, Hazard, mertens, fellaini, dembele, nainggolan

Lukaku, Benteke 

They had the players, they also had 2 terrible managers 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Re Doku, a great performance and could be a player someone will take a punt on only to find out he’s garbage for 90% of the season. 

He's already done the 1st move 

Unless rennes are another with French football money blues he'd be a £50m+ player 

Great game. I am head over heels with this Italy team. I really hope they go all the way. Lorenzo Insigne is the sexiest player in the world not named Jack Grealish. Jorginho looks like a million and Barella is some kind of wizard. Brilliant fun. Chiellini and Bonucci are the last of the truly great old skool central defenders. I hope they never retire. Shame about Spinazzola, though. Hope it’s not as bad as it looked. 

Forza Italia! 

7 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

KDB and I think Lukaku are great players, the rest of the squad seems rather average in my opinion. 

Eden Hazard?  Lukaku let them down tonight. Doku looks a player. At the end of the day they are a small nation and Martinez has only lost 4 competitive games in his tenure. So he hasnt done that badly. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Rennes already took an educated €25m punt on him last year. He had a really, really good season even thou he didn't score a lot. One of the highest rated wide players in the league.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Think I've watched, experienced more Italian football than most tbh. 

If you fancy having this discussion with some Italian friends of mine I'm sure they will tell you that you're wrong in Italian as well, if that makes it easier. 

I've heard of all of these players. Point is that you don't know what you're talking about. It's about expectations and they aren't the same. It's a more low key side this time compared to back then. Player profiles aren't comperable, neither abroad or domestically. 

I don't speak Italian but you can bring Marcelo Lippi himself if that'll help.

If your point is literally more people in China have heard of Totti over Insigne you're right but I don't get it, how is that relevant?

These players aren't known because the league has fallen down the shitter. It doesn't change how good they might be, and they're one of the few teams with an actual manager so expectations should be rightfully high.

9 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Don't get me wrong, this Italy side play some lovely football but the OTT play acting and diving just ruins it for me. It goes beyond "game management".

i agree with all of this , I think we all know the modern game involves ‘game management’ but that was awful to watch at times and the ref was tricked by 90% of the nonsense by Italy,  although like you said when Italy play football it’s lovely to watch , modern game 🙈

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Eden Hazard?  Lukaku let them down tonight. Doku looks a player. At the end of the day they are a small nation and Martinez has only lost 4 competitive games in his tenure. So he hasnt done that badly. 

Lukaku missed 2 great chances that a striker of his reputation should score even if one was a great block 

But I think they haven't managed his that well, thought the same in the last round, they're too far off him, don't look to play him in either, I'm not quite sure what Belgium are in attack, Lukaku was like bent in a mcleish team vs Portugal pick the ball up on the half way line and see the 7 defenders he's expected to beat by himself 

Epitome was going long to him for thr last 20 minutes of this game whilst Benteke sat on the bench 

• Like 1

Â