Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

Totally expect a Captain Caution masterclass this afternoon, devoid of any attacking intention.

Southgate’s dream selection:

……………………..Pickford

…………Walker.Stones.Maguire

James.Henderson.Rice.Phillips.Shaw

………………………Sterling

………………………..Kane

but it may yield a sneaky 1-0 win… not that anyone will be awake by the end to celebrate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Totally expect a Captain Caution masterclass this afternoon, devoid of any attacking intention.

……………………..Pickford

………………………Sterling

………………………..Kane

but it may yield a sneaky 1-0 win… not that anyone will be awake by the end to celebrate!

He will make us hard to beat his first priority so he will go with pace up front and hope for the best.

Chicken shit manager and that's my last curse of the day.

Now come on England.

England GIF

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

……………………..Pickford

………………………Sterling

………………………..Kane

Pretty defensive.

Or how about this sneaky one-nil 5-4-1 bad boy even? ...

Pickford

James. Walker. Stones. Maguire. Shaw

Chilwell.  Henderson. Rice. Philips

Mings

• Haha 3

I have no problem with Southgate going with a cautious team selection as long as he is prepared for the backlash if it doesn't work out and we get dumped out of the competition. I don't believe he will be sacked if we lose, especially with the World Cup around the corner, but he will not be forgiven if he fails by not using his most talented players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

I have no problem with Southgate going with a cautious team selection as long as he is prepared for the backlash if it doesn't work out and we get dumped out of the competition. I don't believe he will be sacked if we lose, especially with the World Cup around the corner, but he will not be forgiven if he fails by not using his most talented players. 

agree

and id add with once again the draw seemingly falling in his favour - everything other than final will be considered winnable - so if he plays dour cautious football then he will get accused of holding us back

29 minutes ago, robby b said:

Pretty defensive.

Or how about this sneaky one-nil 5-4-1 bad boy even? ...

Pickford

James. Walker. Stones. Maguire. Shaw

Chilwell.  Henderson. Rice. Philips

Mings

I’d enjoy watching that, it’d be a laugh if nothing else. I’d back Tyrone to get a goal or two. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robby b said:

I was really pissed off that we didn't have a single shot in the 2nd half against the Czech Republic, not even an off target one! Ffs! Awful!!! 😑But despite that it sounded like Sako was one of our best players so maybe he should start today. And as for Sancho, BBC Phil Dawkes has suggested Germany would be afraid of playing against him. But then, in sympathy for Southgate, there's also Mount, Rashford, Grealish, Sterling, Foden and Kane, I guess it is a really hard decision to pick the attacking players. : s 

Edited by robby b

If he goes.go defensive it will suit Germany, they will dominant possession and force us deeper and deeper until the inevitable happens . Germany love to keep possession at the back , its better to high press them and force them to release the ball quickly and lose possession.  

Edited by tinker
  • Like 3

It will be so desperately disappointing if we go out tonight given the big teams that have gone out and our potential route to the final.

A glorious defeat would be one thing, but if we go out and put in another turgid performance then it will be very hard to take. 

But I'm feeling positive. Today is the day

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

This is going to be an incredibly boring 1-0 defeat today sadly. 

That's my fear. And it's exactly what my head is telling me will happen.

England don't beat teams like Germany in the knockouts

• Like 1

We’ll look bloody brilliant for about 15 minutes and get really excited, then go more and more into our shell. 
Players will start passing sideways. No runs, no creativity, fans will start to get frustrated. 
Best thing that could happen could actually be an early goal for Germany tbh.

Listening to the Athletic’s England Show podcast this morning. They were taking about whether Southgate should get a new contract or not. 

One of them actually said this: 

“If not Southgate, then who else is out there?”

“ We stick with the guy who brought people together who is loved pretty much by everyone in England, who has really transformed the culture of the team and FA”. 

schitts creek what GIF by CBC

• Shocked 1

Â