Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Pal, I being saying since I saw him dominate passing lanes in a youth game for Basel vs St. Gallen, back in 07. I was making my bi-century pilgrimage in honour of the Josef Hügi. The Swiss Army knife of neo-postwar Fußball…

You got me there 😂

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Yes I think England look like one the strongest sides having watched this far. We’ll know more tomorrow but I could see them winning it. 

Best defensive team will win the tournament.

Think team who can actually put out 11 fit players at the end will win it.

Players now been at it for 12 months with pretty much no break so can see impact of that when games go into extra time. Add in covid and team who reaches final could easily have 5-6 players out for various reasons if unlucky.

Edited by VillaChris

3/5 atb tomorrow apparently. I don't hate it for this game and in theory it suits our flat midfield, gives Kane legitimately 50 yards to do whatever the **** he wants in and all we have to do is get the ball wide and forward quickly. Might work, probably be a shite watch still.

54 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He has been very poor indeed.

Amazing that these so called 'big players' cannot seem to do it on the big stage when it matters.

I’d argue he did alright for himself three years ago on an even bigger stage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He has been very poor indeed.

Amazing that these so called 'big players' cannot seem to do it on the big stage when it matters.

He did score in the last World Cup final! 

• Like 2

Kick off time here in Bolivia midday and I have to vacate my hotel room by midday, then catch a bus from La Paz to Oruro, three and a half hours journey, old smartphone stopped working a few months ago, still haven't got round to replacing it (oops. But even if I had, I don't know if a UK network would work out here). So I'll spend the journey looking at Bolivia whilst on and off thinking about the game and assuming that we're going out against Germany yet again as usual but not 100% totally sure, so it will be a long wait to find out the result !  : s

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, robby b said:

Kick off time here in Bolivia midday and I have to vacate my hotel room by midday, then catch a bus from La Paz to Oruro, three and a half hours journey, old smartphone stopped working a few months ago, still haven't got round to replacing it (oops. But even if I had, I don't know if a UK network would work out here). So I'll spend the journey looking at Bolivia whilst on and off thinking about the game and assuming that we're going out against Germany yet again as usual but not 100% totally sure, so it will be a long wait to find out the result !  : s

I wouldn't worry too much mate.

Many of us are anticipating another Southgate shit show. It could be a blessing in disguise that you're travelling.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wouldn't worry too much mate.

Many of us are anticipating another Southgate shit show. It could be a blessing in disguise that you're travelling.

I'm now growing increasingly convinced that we will shit show our way to lifting the cup... 

Even when we play some of the worst football I've ever seen the notion that we could just do it has wormed it's way in to my head, we can do it because we play terrible football

Its the hope that kills you 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Beating Germany in the knock-out stage of a major tournament is a bit like Villa beating Man Utd at Villa Park in the league. It doesn't happen. (And hasn't happened since the last ice age). Oh well, never mind, thankfully it's only a game! :<

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm now growing increasingly convinced that we will shit show our way to lifting the cup... 

Even when we play some of the worst football I've ever seen the notion that we could just do it has wormed it's way in to my head, we can do it because we play terrible football

Its the hope that kills you 

I'll take it !

At least then I won't be jealous of Greece (and Denmark, Portugal, France, Spain, Germany... ) and we will have actually won a major tournament in my lifetime. Let's just get on that Euros list, that would be a start.

Â