Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/europameisterschaft/em-2020-achtelfinale-deutschland-england-hello-wembley-da-sind-wir-wieder-76872742.bild.html

Dear Englishmen, Germany is coming home! And at most he goes to Rome again for the quarter-finals. We'll definitely be back for the semifinals and finals, at our Wembley!

From what I've gauged in the office they're pretty much all on the fence, not confident in either team, think both can beat each other and it's a really tough game to call, apart from the father in law who is now in full wind up mode 

What is surprising is the number of them that believe whoever wins our game will win the lot 

• Haha 1

See the source imageSee the source image

One of these guys is the face of an oppressive and corrupt organisation set in a dystopian world.

The other guy is Joseph Fiennes from The Handmaid's Tale.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just end my existence.

Oh god no! Please don't give him anymore time. Don't get me wrong, England have had some awful managers but Southgate as to be the most boring and lacklustre. I think I'd give up entirely if he were given a new contract. 

The FA aren't actually watching any games or anything, they're just happy to have a yes man in place and seen he has a 65% completely ignoring the fact that it's massively padded by qualification games now being expanded and just against teams we should be easily beating. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The FA aren't actually watching any games or anything, they're just happy to have a yes man in place and seen he has a 65% completely ignoring the fact that it's massively padded by qualification games now being expanded and just against teams we should be easily beating. 

Yep 

As far as his bosses are concerned we've just won the group without conceding a goal

Absolutely nothing wrong with us

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Jesus Christ. For the good of English football and a chance of winning the World cup, I hope Germany absolutely humiliate us, its worth sacrificing the euros to get this pleb out.

They've said they don't care what happens on Tuesday. He's qualified top without conceding and Germany are a top, top team (ignoring the fact they were minutes from going out bottom of their group). 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

They've said they don't care what happens on Tuesday. He's qualified top without conceding and Germany are a top, top team (ignoring the fact they were minutes from going out bottom of their group). 

Well then they need to do a Villa and the whole organisation needs a reset.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Good to see the FA have their finger on the pulse of public opinion

I’d like to think they’re watching things like the Euros and the Champions League wondering why the refereeing in England is so much worse and hatching a plan to put it right. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I thought you meant somebody needs to bring a cabbage to Wembley on Tuesday or maybe a pizza for Southgate 

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Difference here seems also be that if you beat Germany you know the Germans will do an in-depth analysis and find out what went wrong(they done before) while if England lose it seems English FA is going to do nothing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Difference here seems also be that if you beat Germany you know the Germans will do an in-depth analysis and find out what went wrong(they done before) while if England lose it seems English FA is going to do nothing.

They already have! They did it pre tournament 

Flick starts next month, they've been poor for a couple of years, they were in that shit group because their nations league performances resulted in their coefficient dropping, they're currently 12th in the fifa ranking behind Denmark and Mexico (England are 4th) they've gone stale and they know it so made changes ahead of hosting euro 2024, I think they then won or got to the final of the u21s this summer whilst we had boothroyd

They don't **** about 

• Like 1

Â