Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

England will beat Germany. Germany's defence is average at best and they don't have a striker. They have a fantastic midfield but that won't be enough for them. Then England will make the semis and from there it's about the day. 

If the Germans even had a Chris Wood level striker they'd win the tournament but thankfully they haven't. England have got nothing to fear.

France are the strongest team but Portugal are capable of winning it too if they actually believe in themselves.

Yeah, funny that.

Of the last 16, England have qualified with a massive total of 2 goals. 

I think England needs a striker more than Germany does, or more accurately, a manager that knows WTF he is doing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AJ said:

Yeah, funny that.

Of the last 16, England have qualified with a massive total of 2 goals. 

I think England needs a striker more than Germany does, or more accurately, a manager that knows WTF he is doing.

Agree with you mate, Germany putting four passed the Portuguese and all that too.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the total goals scored for teams which have qualified for the last sixteen and can I assume England are bottom of said numbers? 

29 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the total goals scored for teams which have qualified for the last sixteen and can I assume England are bottom of said numbers? 

Italy - 7

Wales -3

Belgium - 7

Denmark - 5

Netherlands - 8

Austria - 4

England - 2

Croatia - 4

Sweden - 4

Spain - 6

France - 4

Germany - 6

I think I saw a Opta stat that England is the lowest scoring team ever to qualify

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Italy - 7

Wales -3

Belgium - 7

Denmark - 5

Netherlands - 8

Austria - 4

England - 2

Croatia - 4

Sweden - 4

Spain - 6

France - 4

Germany - 6

I think I saw a Opta stat that England is the lowest scoring team ever to qualify

Madness. I think England have scored less than all of the third place teams who have gone through too, including Ukraine 

• Haha 1

Tommy v Gerry 

At ease chaps! 

I'd defo target the Germany defence, start teaching Harry Kane the language so he can surprise Hummels with some Teutonic insults and ask Rüdiger why he wears a disguise when we all know who he is.

We (Belgium) have to get past Portugal, Italy & France (maybe Spain if they get their team rolling) to reach the finals. Any one of those teams could go on to win the tournament with the quality they have in their squads. The feeling here is we got the most difficult route possible, but should we manage we will fully deserve our place in the final. England vs. Germany should decide the other finalist.

Compare that to the potential road for Holland (our rivals 😉 ) with Czech, Denmark and then England/Germany, I think they are quite happy

Let's see if there are a few surprises in the next round.

How many chances have England conceded? The defence has been good. The German defence is weak and easy to get at. England will get 3 easy chances minimum Germany won't get any.

The Germans will have the ball but won't get in at all.

10 hours ago, sne said:

Not a great tournament for the countries with the nuttiest political leaderships. Hungary, Poland, Turkey & Russia all crash out. Thoughts and prayers.

Sweden through but that doesn't seem to have saved the Swedish government...

11517131.jpg

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sne said:

Not a great tournament for the countries with the nuttiest political leaderships. Hungary, Poland, Turkey & Russia all crash out. Thoughts and prayers.

Sweden through but that doesn't seem to have saved the Swedish government...

Almost entirely a western European competition, the same at the World Cup bar 2-3 South American teams. They have such an advantage in wealth and the strength of the leagues.

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Almost entirely a western European competition, the same at the World Cup bar 2-3 South American teams. They have such an advantage in wealth and the strength of the leagues.

Sure, I was more happy about the fact that Putin, Erdogan, Orban and Duda can not longer use the Euro's for propaganda.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It is just me? But the England games have not felt like a tournament so far, more like low intensity friendlies. Both games tonight had full tournament vibes. Hoping that it will be ramped up against Germany. Hopefully the 40k in attendance will add more too.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

After we beat Croatia we knew we'd qualify. Other games were almost pointless. 

Much prefer top 2 only going through. 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

I have a feeling that the England v Germany game is going to be pretty similar to the 5-1 annihilation

Absolutely no chance.

We can win. But if we do it won't be comfortable. It'll be by one goal or on penalties

• Like 2

Welsh fans banned from traveling to Amsterdam, Swedish fans banned from traveling to Glasgow. Any more fans who won't be allowed to attend in the last 16 due to quarantine rules?

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Welsh fans banned from traveling to Amsterdam, Swedish fans banned from traveling to Glasgow. Any more fans who won't be allowed to attend in the last 16 due to quarantine rules?

Germans at Wembley 

The difference with London is pretty much every nation will a few hundred fans already living there, there's approx. 40k germans there so they'll have a pocket of fans 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Germans at Wembley 

The difference with London is pretty much every nation will a few hundred fans already living there, there's approx. 40k germans there so they'll have a pocket of fans 

There used to at least be quite a lot of Swedes living in Glasgow as well and tons of em in the UK, especially London so I'm sure we'll see a lot of Swedish flags in Glasgow. But this format is shite.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Sure, I was more happy about the fact that Putin, Erdogan, Orban and Duda can not longer use the Euro's for propaganda.

Unfortunately the worst throbber of the lot, Johnson, still can and will.

Â