Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

We need to stick to a back four but change central midfield to allow a more mobile presence in the middle of the pitch. 

I’d go with

Pickford

Walker.Stones.Mings.Shaw (Maguire will start over Mings though)

Bellingham.Rice (No doubt Phillips and/or Henderson will get selected) 

Saka.Sterling.Grealish (Mount to come straight back in for Grealish)

Kane (Shouldn’t play but there is no viable alternative apart from the Evertonian Mannequin) 

As for three at the back, I’d only play this with Walker as RCB as if (when) it doesn’t work we can switch to a back four and push the RWB to RW. 

Edited by theboyangel

Good ol' UEFA bowing down to bigotry and hate for the sake of Viktor Orbans money.

KNVB: UEFA bans rainbow flag in stadium and Orange fan zone in Budapest

UEFA has banned the rainbow flag that some Orange supporters in Budapest carry in the stadium and in the fan zone in the Hungarian capital, the KNVB reports.

"The rules of UEFA apply in the fan zone and in the stadium , so they can determine that," says KNVB spokesperson Daan Schippers from Budapest. "But that does not mean that the KNVB supports this decision. We are pro-rainbow flag and have therefore started the OneLove campaign."

According to Schippers, fans are asked to store their rainbow flag in a locker at the entrance to the fan zone. "But I've seen some people walking around the fan zone in full rainbow suits here."

Tonight, Georginio Wijnaldum will wear a special OneLove captain's armband in the game against the Czech Republic. "We are proud of that," says Schippers. "All KNVB directors are also wearing a pin from the OneLove campaign today."

https://nos.nl/artikel/2386884-uefa-verbiedt-regenboogvlag-in-stadion-en-oranje-fanzone-in-boedapest

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I do not hear 1 commentator or pundit who agrees with keeping 2 holding midfielders. 2 midfielders yes, but just one holding, Rice could manage this on his own.

Its weird, I've heard plenty of commentators and pundits blow smoke up the ass of both Phillips and Rice, typical "world class" nonsense banded about for Rice in particular 

But no one comments on the pairing or the fact that we play 2 holding midfielders in the first place, almost like Southgate is getting away with it because no one wants to criticise either player because they rate both of them

The combo kills us, phillips vs Croatia is the only time I've seen those 1 of those 2 have a good game playing together, they don't work 

• Like 2

Totally agree with the unnecessary use of two DCMs and the negative impact it has on our midfield. 

Henderson isn’t the answer either. When he came on against Czechia we were noticeably worse and more static than the first half. 

That only points to Southgate playing all three from the start 😂

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Totally agree with the unnecessary use of two DCMs and the negative impact it has on our midfield. 

Henderson isn’t the answer either. When he came on against Czechia we were noticeably worse and more static than the first half. 

That only points to Southgate playing all three from the start 😂

Not a Henderson fan, but it would work, it's just he is so far off being match fit, I'm unsure why Southgate even took him.

The real mad thing is go on the Leeds or West ham boards to see their opinion of Southgate and you'll see tons of moaning about the leash Southgate has them both on too

Not only is he playing 2 DMCs he's asking both of them to play more defensively than they do for their clubs

I'm sure @Rino8@Rino8 would say as much 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not a Henderson fan, but it would work, it's just he is so far off being match fit, I'm unsure why Southgate even took him.

Experience and a likeable guy I assume. 

He’s not fit and not impactive enough even for 45 minutes. 

Should’ve taken Ward-Prowse instead. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Gary Neville talking about Frenkie De Jong, saying England don’t have anyone like that who ‘brings the ball forward, wants the ball and plays intricate passes’

It's like he's forgotten about Maguire.

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Gary Neville talking about Frenkie De Jong, saying England don’t have anyone like that who ‘brings the ball forward, wants the ball and plays intricate passes’

Neville clearly won far too many headers in his career

I get why the water breaks might be necessary but I still don't like them. Breaks the momentum and changes the game.

Would absolutely hate if they implemented timeouts into the game, but would not be overly surprised if we have them at the US world cup in 2026.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I do not hear 1 commentator or pundit who agrees with keeping 2 holding midfielders. 2 midfielders yes, but just one holding, Rice could manage this on his own.

Gary Neville but was only to protect Mings 🙄

Â