Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

5 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Italy have been rather lucky it as to be said. 

In the second half I thought they got lucky. Austria were the better team. but for the matter of a few inches they could easily have gone out. 

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

In the second half I thought they got lucky. Austria were the better team. but for the matter of a few inches they could easily have gone out. 

Reminds me of a joke.

What do you call a bloke with a 3 inch willy?

Justin.

• Like 1

England have been less than impressive but the combined talents of Scotland and Wales in euro 2020 has been played 7, won 1, draw 2, lost 4.

And it is really not that big an achievement for a western  European country to qualify for the euros. About half the continent is invited now ffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Danny Murphy just said it’s ‘no more’ than they deserve? This saying always confuses me. Isn’t it ‘no less’ than they deserve? 

Sorry you lost me with Danny Murphy.

Why is he poisoning my ears with utterly banal and pointless comments.

Almost makes we wish for the return of Lawro.

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would love to know who scouts the players for Atalanta...Mahele another they'll probably sell for 30m + to premeir league in near future. They signed him for 7m.

Both Danish WBs been excellent.

They have an excellent scouting system and youth academy for about 30 years. Its incredible 

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

Extra time with the opposition out on their feet. England would have done the same 

No they wouldnt, England would be out on there feet too. Mancini 2 subs scored. Southgate 2 subs would be a full back and Henderson 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

No they wouldnt, England would be out on there feet too. Mancini 2 subs scored. Southgate 2 subs would be a full back and Henderson 

Doubt whether England would have needed extra time to beat Austria 

22 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Austria are a lot better than Scotland and probably all the other teams in Englands group

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We laboured to a 1-0 win over them in a friendly in June just before the finals began 

They were arguably the better team. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

We laboured to a 1-0 win over them in a friendly in June just before the finals began 

They were arguably the better team. 

Still beat them even though we didnt play well.  Scotland was shocking but everybody is going on about how great Italy is and they did perform well the first two games but against Wales they laboured to a 1-0 win against 10 men and Austria could easily have beaten them. Next game I believe is Portugal or Belgium and I think if Arnautović caused them so many problems I wonder what Lukaku or Ronaldo will do. 

We should be dropping Kane for DCL and putting Jack left and Saka right.

Playing those two wide will force the Germans to double up which will pin back their wingback and draw out their left and right cbs, leaving DCL up against Hummels.

That would be a total mismatch. A slow, weak in the air cb against a quick powerful aerially dominant striker in DCL. Then he can do his Rice, Phillips, and Mount midfield trio.

That's the team to beat Germany!

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We drew 0-0 with Scotland! 

It was their cup final to be fair. 

We weren't massively troubled by Croatia or Czechia, who are better teams. 

I think the Germany game has a 0-0 look about it. 

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Austria are a lot better than Scotland and probably all the other teams in Englands group

They actually only drew 2-2 with Scotland in the world cup qualifiers a few months back.

They're in that Sweden and Swiss category though....very tough to break down if you don't get an early goal v them as Holland did in the groups.

I'd go with:

Pickford

Stones Maguire Mings

Saka                                              Shaw

Henderson Rice

Sterling        Grealish

Kane

But there's not a chance in hell 🤣 look out for a huge Villa/England flag hanging from level 3 at Wembley on Tuesday, it's mine!!

11 minutes ago, wedge said:

I'd go with:

Pickford

Stones Maguire Mings

Saka                                              Shaw

Henderson Rice

Sterling        Grealish

Kane

But there's not a chance in hell 🤣 look out for a huge Villa/England flag hanging from level 3 at Wembley on Tuesday, it's mine!!

Its strange hes been playing 4 at the back all tournament and people are saying he should change to match up with Germany. i like the idea of Saka as right wing back though. 

• Like 1

Â