Euro 2020 : Round of 16

BOF

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

is DCL injured????, cus if he isnt southgate has picked 2 goalkeepers on the bench over the only other striker in the squad???

It's a rule to select 2 keepers on the bench, although I'm sure Southgate appreciates it :D 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is DCL injured????, cus if he isnt southgate has picked 2 goalkeepers on the bench over the only other striker in the squad???

Not that I'm defending Gareth Southgate in any way, but there is a ridiculous rule now about needing to have two goalkeepers on the bench.

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

This like minded ****** is one player out, no wonder this clown is a failed coach too, clowns.

Neville must surely be being given a backhander from the FA?  He is probably the only person in the country who would choose a team as close to Southgate's.

Anyway I'm hoping for a miracle and there is some secret way of creating some sort of attacking football with this XI.  Either that or Germany would have to be utter dogturd.

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Calling in now, Mount will come on before jack or foden 

Jack won’t come on at all, Rashford will be the one for the left, because “pace”. It doesn’t matter that he runs like an Ostrich. 

Looking a bit closer, he's basically gone as close as possible to his World Cup 2018 lineup throughout the KO stages. Brackets are the only changes from then. Makes it all the more surprising that he didn't bring Lingard as well tbh:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire

Trippier
Shaw (Young)

Rice (Henderson)
Phillips (Alli)

Saka (Lingard)
Sterling
Kane

On one hand, I can understand he got to semi-final then so he can say the tactic worked in tournament football. But it was a bit of a grind, penalties against Colombia, beat an average Sweden and then came up short of ideas vs Croatia. This could easily be like Colombia but with the opposite shootout result. Or like Croatia.

Feel like Werner is guaranteed to score.

This is a tragedy. We have some of the most wonderful, creative talent I have seen as an England fan and we get to see a load of defenders arrayed about 15 yards from goal for 90min.

Like when McGinn said the Scotland team were chuffed when they found out Jack wasn’t playing, the German players are pissing themselves that we barely have an attacking threat on the pitch. More than that, we have no way to connect Kane et al to the rest of the action, which means Sterling will wander around on the periphery of the match.

We’re basically going to play the out all to Saka and hope. 

I’m sorry, Gareth, I’ve tried to defend you mater, but you really aren’t playing to the strengths of this squad. 

Just now, theboyangel said:

GS now on tv - can’t stand listening to his insipid ramblings.

Why isn’t he being taken to task by the press???

His favourite sexual position is watching his wife with the neighbour. 

• Haha 1

Â