Julián Álvarez

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Don't they play in different positions?

They do but that kind of relevant information never seems to filter its way through to the debate.

I mean I see Alvarez as a sub to Watkins, play as a RW alternative to Traore. (Think AEG may get sold)

ESR would only ever play AM, and even then he’d be lucky to play there over Jack or Beundia.

Edited by rayk

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The link isn't on their feed.

https://tntsports.com.ar/ligaprofesional/Se-va-del-Millonario-El-equipo-de-Europa-que-se-quiere-llevar-a-Julian-Alvarez-despues-de-la-Copa-America-El-delantero-de-River-podria-irse-al-Aston-Villa-20210710-0002.html

Not is it on their website. However they do link us so maybe they haven't written/posted a full article yet and one of their journalists tweeted it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

https://tntsports.com.ar/ligaprofesional/Se-va-del-Millonario-El-equipo-de-Europa-que-se-quiere-llevar-a-Julian-Alvarez-despues-de-la-Copa-America-El-delantero-de-River-podria-irse-al-Aston-Villa-20210710-0002.html

Not is it on their website. However they do link us so maybe they haven't written/posted a full article yet and one of their journalists tweeted it

Emiliano "Dibujos" Martinez?

Anyone know what that means?

8 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why would he do his medical in Argentina if he's going to be flying over the next day?

It may be down to the work permit as I think you have to apply before you come to the UK.  I assume a medical would be done before you start the work permit process so he is doing it in Argentina.  Or it could be horseshite.

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Emiliano "Dibujos" Martinez?

Anyone know what that means?

“Dibu” is a nickname which means scribble/drawing/doodle as he looked like a doodle/cartoon when he was a kid!

Born in Mar del Plata, his nickname is Draw and he himself explained why he is called like this: “When I arrived I was a little red with freckles and they began to tell me that I looked like the little cartoon”he stated in an interview.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

If it is real, he would almost certainly do his medical over there. He has to definitely isolate for a while because he is coming from Brazil. Plus as you say if he fails the medical he has a 14 hour flight back as well. Which is a tad harsh on a dude who just missed his big break. 

Nah different rules.. we just seen Pogba in Miami when he shouldn't be allowed as he would have had to stay in another country for 14 days yet he was out there partying with Ronaldinho so im sure he will be okay. 

11 hours ago, rayk said:

They do but that kind of relevant information never seems to filter its way through to the debate.

I mean I see Alvarez as a sub to Watkins, play as a RW alternative to Traore. (Think AEG may get sold)

ESR would only ever play AM, and even then he’d be lucky to play there over Jack or Beundia.

Yeah thats exactly what his role will be if he joins

13 hours ago, MrBlack said:

This signing is very new Villa. I can see it happening. Or it's this windows Rashica thread.

I see AC Milan are suddenly sniffing around Alvarez now.

I'm not sure about Rashica, it's more like déjà vu of the Rafael Leao transfer of two seasons ago.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Nah different rules.. we just seen Pogba in Miami when he shouldn't be allowed as he would have had to stay in another country for 14 days yet he was out there partying with Ronaldinho so im sure he will be okay. 

There's a difference to being is Europe and Brazil right now. Brazil is way worse off atm, same with Argentina. 

9 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I see AC Milan are suddenly sniffing around Alvarez now.

I'm not sure about Rashica, it's more like déjà vu of the Rafael Leao transfer of two seasons ago.

Tbh, no offence intended as I know that there was genuine interest from us in Rashica.

I meant more in terms of it potentially being a long running transfer saga that ends up not happening. And the ensuing decent into fish puns, tits, and gifs will eventually happen.

Whether genuine interest from us is there, or not, it definitely has the potential to go that way. Especially if champions league teams are also interested. But I also feel that this would be just the kind of signing we'd be looking to make.

28 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

There's a difference to being is Europe and Brazil right now. Brazil is way worse off atm, same with Argentina. 

I understand but still rules are rules 

https://tntsports.com.ar/ligaprofesional/Se-algo-del-interes-de-River-obviamente-que-me-ilusiona-es-un-equipo-muy-grande-y-creo-que-puede-ser-un-gran-paso-en-mi-carrera-manifesto-Facundo-Farias-20210713-0014.html

Looks like Milan are in for him too

River Plate will face this Wednesday from 9:30 p.m. Argentinos Juniors at the Monumental Stadium for the first leg of the round of 16 of the Copa Libertadores de América. Later, on Sunday, also in Núñez, he will play against the last Argentine soccer champion, from 6:00 p.m.: Colón de Santa Fe .

The truth is that Marcelo Gallardo could lose a fundamental player in this passing market: Julián Álvarez . The striker who became champion of the Copa América with the Argentine National Team is followed by Aston Villa from England, but in the last hours the interest of another team from Europe was added.

As reported by journalists Maximiliano Grillo and Sebastián Srur on TNT Sports Continental (Monday to Friday from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on TNT Sports and AM590), in Italy they say that Milan will come for the 21-year-old forward.

Without going any further, River wants a very high figure for the player. Something that is around 15 or 20 million euros . For now, there is no formal offer. But it would arrive in a few days. It goes? To wait ...

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Â