Official Sponsors 2021/2

Phil Silvers

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Better to have something than nothing, but the fact that it's a dodgy Asian bookmaker and not a more established brand means we still have a ways to go on the commercial side as a club.

It's a cliche but Rome wasn't built in a day and we will be something special WHEN! NWSE vision is realised. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Better to have something than nothing, but the fact that it's a dodgy Asian bookmaker and not a more established brand means we still have a ways to go on the commercial side as a club.

Whoever pays the bills, not sure who has an established brand on the sleeve to be honest it's only 4 or 5 of the biggest teams 

Arsenal have visit Rwanda... And they pay them more per year than cazoo pay us for the main sponsor 

• Like 1

I'm Sure its a good deal for the club so wont bash them for doing the business, but a betting company on the sleeves rreally drags down the aesthetics of the shirt for me. Sleeve sponsors in general is an abomination imo  

• Like 1

I urge everyone to read this piece. White-labelling is very dodgy practice and shouldn’t be allowed. 

What do these gambling firms have in common?
They are all based in Asia and access the UK market via the ‘white-label’ system.

A ‘white-label’ is a site that is operated by someone other than the brand owner.

The companies set up UK-facing websites via firms in offshore jurisdictions such as Malta or the Isle of Man, and then apply to access the UK market via a ‘white-label’. This gives them the right to advertise to TV-watching consumers in Asia via Premier League football shirts.

Why are “white-labels” controversial?

Many of these firms advertise on UK shirts and stadium billboards in Chinese Mandarin, despite the fact that gambling is largely prohibited in China.

The UK Gambling Commission has admitted to “concern” that some of the companies running white-label websites may not have effective anti-money-laundering controls or carry out “sufficient due diligence” to ensure there are no “links to criminal activity”.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

A different Chinese gambling firm identified as HNH was advertising at Old Trafford last month. They are white-label too and registered to the SAME company in the Isle of Man. This is very concerning. The Gambling Commission account number is 38898. 

• Like 1

Gambling is at least a voluntary vice which doesn't exploit or enslave workers in it's industry.  Given the choice between a betting firm and an oil company or tech company, who basically enslaves workers in the Middle East or Asia to manufacture their products, it's an easy choice.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Gambling is at least a voluntary vice which doesn't exploit or enslave workers in it's industry.  Given the choice between a betting firm and an oil company or tech company, who basically enslaves workers in the Middle East or Asia to manufacture their products, it's an easy choice.  

It exploits those gambling though. Especially in the completely unregulated markets that these companies are marketing to, companies that also fund organised crime and are essentially money laundering operations.

Edit: Also I wouldn't be surprised if these companies exploited and enslaved workers too, due to their illegal nature.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 2

My issue with these Chinese betting companies is they are very clearly a front for something else. 

The whole white-label system in general is ripe for abuse. OB Sports don't even have a functional website it's just a "coming soon" page. 

I don't like betting sponsors in general, but if that's what the club wants to do then at least go for an established UK betting company rather than a company that is likely a front for money laundering. 

• Like 1

Really dissappointed over this one. First time since NSWE took over I feel they let us down.

We should not promote gambling. Even if the money is good, promoting it is not worth it. 

I am sad over this announcement... I thought we were better than this. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Daweii said:

My issue with these Chinese betting companies is they are very clearly a front for something else. 

The whole white-label system in general is ripe for abuse. OB Sports don't even have a functional website it's just a "coming soon" page. 

I don't like betting sponsors in general, but if that's what the club wants to do then at least go for an established UK betting company rather than a company that is likely a front for money laundering. 

It’s deeply unethical and concerning. What due diligence did the club carry out?

• Like 1

Â