Jump to content

Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22


Rds1983
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 25/06/2021 at 16:48, AndyM3000 said:

I like Raph and will get him in for Buendia after 3 games if that doesn't start too well.

The one thing I will take from last season is to try and hold my transfers and maintain 2 rolling ones. It gave me a lot more room to fix problems quickly and also shift funds between Def/Mid/Attack without taking hits.

 

On 25/06/2021 at 17:11, BOF said:

Very true. The constant singles can create as much issue as they solve. And it's quite often the case that the single you dumped would've helped you the week you sold him and you've now denied yourself the double :) That's definitely the one thing I think I'm going to try and do more this season and I think it's easily achievable. Just don't drunk transfer :D  

Yeah last season I made an astonishing amount of transfers, for me.

The previous season i don't think I took a single -4 until about December. Last season I was doing them all over the place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

I want to participate in this but it doesn't accept the code....is it not the Prem league fantasy draft site?

It's not a draft league. 

It's this website. Make sure you're on the "Fantasy" tab and not the "Fantasy Draft" and the league section should accept the code.

If you do want to do the draft version then @tomsky_11 runs the VT draft leagues I believe

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not a draft league. 

It's this website. Make sure you're on the "Fantasy" tab and not the "Fantasy Draft" and the league section should accept the code.

If you do want to do the draft version then @tomsky_11 runs the VT draft leagues I believe

Yep, I should probably get that set up soon...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Joined the league for the first time. Last season, I had Martinez from the second week and never looked back with him. Shame he is so expensive this time, but it is understandable. Putting in Buendia instead of Grealish I think. Will give a couple of games to see how he does.

Goalies, Guaita and Sanchez look the value picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • VT Supporter

Buendia at 6.5 seems an absolute steal. Got him, Watkins and Jack in my first draft - don’t like having a triple up really but seems hard to argue with any of them. My current issue is no Bruno, feels like I’m waiting to be punished in that. I have Cavani in as a nominative cover but will no doubt make hundreds of changes before the season starts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
12 hours ago, chappy said:

Buendia at 6.5 seems an absolute steal. Got him, Watkins and Jack in my first draft - don’t like having a triple up really but seems hard to argue with any of them. My current issue is no Bruno, feels like I’m waiting to be punished in that. I have Cavani in as a nominative cover but will no doubt make hundreds of changes before the season starts.

That's the 3 from Villa I have too but now not so sure about Jack. Feel he won't have had much of a preseason so might not be at his best first 3 games and then our fixtures swing. 

Would allow me to get Sancho in for the first few GWs too and feels like he might be a decent gamble. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
51 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Any podcasts people would recommend?

There’s a pod called Who Got The Assist? that comes at it from a data POV - took me a while to get into when I first started listening (just before pre-lockdown) but I think that was mainly because the host Tom (Arsenal fan!) was quite disparaging about Villa. I also sometimes listen to FPL General 59th minute podcast which gives a nice overview of each gameweek; he seems like a nice guy too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, chappy said:

There’s a pod called Who Got The Assist? that comes at it from a data POV - took me a while to get into when I first started listening (just before pre-lockdown) but I think that was mainly because the host Tom (Arsenal fan!) was quite disparaging about Villa. I also sometimes listen to FPL General 59th minute podcast which gives a nice overview of each gameweek; he seems like a nice guy too.

That will only have got worse then :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/07/2021 at 11:58, Tomaszk said:

Any podcasts people would recommend?

FPL Black Box is the best one out there imo.

However I cameo on FPLJuice every now and then so that one is worth a watch/listen (it's live on YouTube on TUesday nights and then they release a podcast of it afterwards)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 24/07/2021 at 11:58, Tomaszk said:

Any podcasts people would recommend?

PlanetFPL with Suj & James.  I'd say James is probably the most knowledgeable football fan out there and this would be my go to.

The Green Arrow is good and has the added benefit of having FPL legend and likeable Villa fan Adam Hopcroft on it.

Let's Talk FPL with Andy is excellent youtube content. The general videos tend to be shorter and more focussed on certain issues, and then he does matchday watchalongs and deadline streams (as do PlanetFPL).

Always Cheating are a fun listen too.

I know BlackBox is highly regarded.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


The only problem with Blackbox is Az can be a bit hit and miss. mark is excellent. I really value his opinion and the data he puts together every week is really great.

Az tends to say something without much to back it up and then stick to his guns. Last season he was poo pooing anyone who made choices based on effective ownership, despite mentioning effective ownership and using it in his decision making every week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The only problem with Blackbox is Az can be a bit hit and miss. mark is excellent. I really value his opinion and the data he puts together every week is really great.

Az tends to say something without much to back it up and then stick to his guns. Last season he was poo pooing anyone who made choices based on effective ownership, despite mentioning effective ownership and using it in his decision making every week

I actually came across their channel and watched a season preview or whatever it was.

You could see Mark was very knowledgeable yes. Az revealed his team at the end and Christ alive it was bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â