Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cancelo all day for me. Last season he was a risk because he was rotated so much. but this season he looks as nailed as they come. Far higher ceiling points wise than Dias if he continues to start

Agree on the points ceiling but still think Dias is more nailed on as I have doubts whether Cancelo is actually guaranteed to start. Yes, he looks that way now and plays on both sides but will Pep change his mind and drop him? 

55 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Agree on the points ceiling but still think Dias is more nailed on as I have doubts whether Cancelo is actually guaranteed to start. Yes, he looks that way now and plays on both sides but will Pep change his mind and drop him? 

He might. But he's played every minute of every league game so far. If that's not nailed I don't know what is.

I don't think you can start second guessing that. Plus he's more expensive than Dias isn't he so it's an easy switch if he suddenly does lose his place

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He might. But he's played every minute of every league game so far. If that's not nailed I don't know what is.

I don't think you can start second guessing that. Plus he's more expensive than Dias isn't he so it's an easy switch if he suddenly does lose his place

They're both 6.1 at the moment.

I guess with Zinchenko carrying a knock and Mendy being 'unavailable', I guess that does just leave Walker as their only real other available fullback. 

I am slowly leaning towards Cancelo, I'm just burnt by jumping on Torres who looked nailed on and then disappeared. You never can 2nd guess Pep. Watch me pick Cancelo up and then Jack become a wingback for them or something daft. 

Edit - looks like Cancelo is now 6.2 but I grabbed him at 6.1 so guess that makes my mind up. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Like 1

1.6 ITB

My wildcard locks are currently:
Rudiger & Cancelo with White & Livramento in defence
Salah & Raphinha in midfield
Lukaku & Toney up front

The question marks are
1. Antonio(7.9) or Jesus(8.6) up front (currently on Anto)
2. Trent in defence or go one of Dias or Azpilicueta (Trent would all but wipe the ITB, currently on Azpi)
Currently on ESR(5.3), Jota(7.6), Benrahma(6.3) (19.2m) in midfield (Benny is all but gone cuz fixtures)
Depending on the answers to questions 1 & 2 I can bring in a selection of
Son, Luiz, Townsend/Doucoure, Mbeumo or keep some or all of what I've got, but Jota is tricky if I want Son.

I don't like only having Salah from Liverpool but you get a hell of a team from it.

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

1.6 ITB

Lukaku & Toney up front

The question marks are
2. Trent in defence or go one of Dias or Azpilicueta (Trent would all but wipe the ITB, currently on Azpi)
Currently on ESR(5.3), Jota(7.6), Benrahma(6.3) (19.2m) in midfield (Benny is all but gone cuz fixtures)
Son, Luiz, Townsend/Doucoure, Mbeumo or keep some or all of what I've got, but Jota is tricky if I want Son.

I don't like only having Salah from Liverpool but you get a hell of a team from it.

Jota is a must have for me. He's underperforming and his underlying stats are insane. Even if he's rotated for Firmino occasionally I think he's worth having. 

I'd prefer him over and of those other midfielders.

Mbuemo is a good shout with Brentford's fixtures. My failed Bamford purchase will be swapped for Toney wither this GW or next (depending on Bamford fitness)

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

1.6 ITB

Lukaku & Toney up front

The question marks are

What are Tony's stats like? I'm currently on Maupay (purely for the Norwich game) then moving to Armstrong. I also have Anto but not sure how long he can keep the points going. 

I'm leaning towards having Trent, with Cancelo and 2 Chelsea DFs. 

Also torn between Mbeumo, ESR and Luiz (leaning towards Luiz as allows me to get Trent). I'm sticking with Townsend for now. 

Id like Jota but not sure I can stretch to him and rotation risk worries me when I already have that in an expensive DF. 

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

What are Tony's stats like? I'm currently on Maupay (purely for the Norwich game) then moving to Armstrong. I also have Anto but not sure how long he can keep the points going.

2 goals, 2 assists, on penalties and about to go into Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle. I've no idea on xGI etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

2 goals, 2 assists, on penalties and about to go into Burnley, Norwich, Newcastle. I've no idea on xGI etc.

Interesting. I'll take a deeper look. 

Armstrong hasn't scored much yet but has strong underlying stats,very good fixtures and history of scoring a lot in the Championship.

He's also cheaper, which helps with the squad build. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

xGI wise they're not amazing, but they're good. They're better than players like Jimenez, Richarlison, Wood, Armstrong etc

Like you said with their run of fixtures I'll be jumping on him.

Strongly considering pulling the plug on my failed meslier experiment as well and going for Raya

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Interesting, but if they're trying to claim they're the good guys there's better ways they could have done it without taking out innocent people. Like perhaps proving their access by changing all the top team names or making random transfers. 

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Interesting, but if they're trying to claim they're the good guys there's better ways they could have done it without taking out innocent people. Like perhaps proving their access by changing all the top team names or making random transfers. 

Not sure hacking people's teams and making transfers is any better.

IT might just be a game but people take this really seriously. If someone hacked my team and made a load of transfers I'd be absolutely livid

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not sure hacking people's teams and making transfers is any better.

IT might just be a game but people take this really seriously. If someone hacked my team and made a load of transfers I'd be absolutely livid

Agreed. Just saying if they want to say they're the good guys they could have at least not done something as severe as deleting teams. Something which is recoverable from. 

I understand they're concerned about the info/data security within FPL and agree it should have been flagged if it was not being fixed, but feel there's better ways they could have done this. 

15 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Agreed. Just saying if they want to say they're the good guys they could have at least not done something as severe as deleting teams. Something which is recoverable from. 

I understand they're concerned about the info/data security within FPL and agree it should have been flagged if it was not being fixed, but feel there's better ways they could have done this. 

They didn't delete teams did they?

I know that has been happening, but I don't think these particular hackers have deleted any teams.

If I've missed something then fair enough

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I don't think it's a case of being the good guys. The fact is the hub knew about the weaknesses for over a year and not only didn't fix them but ignored and blocked people who told them/questioned them. Pure negligent arrogance. The hackers did what they do, and could have done much worse, and yes could have done better, but I don't think the hub comes out of this well at all. Particularly given the initial denials and lies from them.

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They didn't delete teams did they?

I know that has been happening, but I don't think these particular hackers have deleted any teams.

If I've missed something then fair enough

If it was someone else who deleted teams so be it. Didn't think there were multiple breaches/hacks? 

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't think it's a case of being the good guys. The fact is the hub knew about the weaknesses for over a year and not only didn't fix them but ignored and blocked people who told them/questioned them. Pure negligent arrogance. The hackers did what they do, and could have done much worse, and yes could have done better, but I don't think the hub comes out of this well at all. Particularly given the initial denials and lies from them.

Agreed that the hub does not come out of this at all well. If the ICO knew they'd ignore raised security concerns for over a year they'd have little defence against an imposed fine. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

If it was someone else who deleted teams so be it. Didn't think there were multiple breaches/hacks? 

There was more than one breach of FPL.

• Thanks 1

Â