Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

23 hours ago, BOF said:

Honestly, I'm not even joking, it's been proven that if you're so shite at picking captains always and I mean always choose Salah. He will haul more often than not.

Have to have him in my squad first...don't ask...

• Haha 1

I’m about ready to give up on this. I used my wildcard after GW4 and my team is 20-30 pts a week worse off now. I brought in Lukaku and he’s done F all, I’m blaming him for the poor performance across the team. 

37 pts this week, down to 1.9m places. Not happy.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m about ready to give up on this. I used my wildcard after GW4 and my team is 20-30 pts a week worse off now. I brought in Lukaku and he’s done F all, I’m blaming him for the poor performance across the team. 

37 pts this week, down to 1.9m places. Not happy.

Lukaku has incredible fixtures coming up. Stick with it. 

I was about 2.3m last season after GW12 and finished about 250k. There’s ages to go yet

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lukaku has incredible fixtures coming up. Stick with it. 

I was about 2.3m last season after GW12 and finished about 250k. There’s ages to go yet

Chelsea’s fixtures are good now, I made sure I had three of their players in for this game week. I’m sure they’ll start scoring the points soon. If they don’t then I’ll be sending each of them a sternly worded letter to express my disappointment. 

Does the green/red arrow thing refer to position in the overall ranking or is there more to it than that? This is the first season I'm playing properly - I usually put a team together before the season and leave it. Not doing too badly at the moment, ranking around 125k.

8 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Does the green/red arrow thing refer to position in the overall ranking or is there more to it than that? This is the first season I'm playing properly - I usually put a team together before the season and leave it. Not doing too badly at the moment, ranking around 125k.

It's the overall ranking. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

125k is excellent.

And yeah it refers to the overall ranking

Really leaning towards a City defence triple up on my wildcard but with Ederson, Dias and Cancelo.

Complimented by Rudi and Azpilacueta of Chelsea. 

Feels very strange to be leaning that way though due to rotation at both clubs and a goal at either team would be devastating. 

Lot of money spent on defence as well but looking at stats and fixtures it feels like it could work wonders. Probably backfire massively though. 

Edited by Rds1983

13 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Really leaning towards a City defence triple up on my wildcard but with Ederson, Dias and Cancelo.

Complimented by Rudi and Azpilacueta of Chelsea. 

Feels very strange to be leaning that way though due to rotation at both clubs and a goal at either team would be devastating. 

Lot of money spent on defence as well but looking at stats and fixtures it feels like it could work wonders. Probably backfire massively though. 

I think big at the back is a solid approach at the moment but that is a LOT of money to tie up in your defence.

I would never spend that money on a goalkeeper to be honest but if you're going without Trent then I suppose you have a bit spare.

I think Trent, Cancelo, Rudiger and another Chelsea defender will be the template soon. I'll be on that myself in 2 weeks

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think big at the back is a solid approach at the moment but that is a LOT of money to tie up in your defence.

I would never spend that money on a goalkeeper to be honest but if you're going without Trent then I suppose you have a bit spare.

I think Trent, Cancelo, Rudiger and another Chelsea defender will be the template soon. I'll be on that myself in 2 weeks

I normally would only spend 4.5 to maybe 5 on a keeper but Ederson is racking up CS points almost every game now as their defensive stats are insane. There's a few cheap enablers too which frees up funds. 

I am tempted to bring TAA in a so only just dropped him and he's doing great but 5 premium DFs seems nuts. 

Wildcard triggered and there's a few routes to go down. The makeup of my midfield is the biggest variation. Is Son worth the extra and go with a Douglas Luiz 5th mid or do you go 2 mid price. Problem there is you'll have money and potential hauls on the bench every week. I think I'll go triple big at the back. I'll sit on the price rises for now. 

• Like 1

If I were wildcarding now my defence would probably be Trent, Cancelo, Rudiger, Alonso and LIvramento

Salah, Jota, Lukaku and Antonio the other certainties and work the rest out around that.

Edited by Stevo985

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Wildcard triggered and there's a few routes to go down. The makeup of my midfield is the biggest variation. Is Son worth the extra and go with a Douglas Luiz 5th mid or do you go 2 mid price. Problem there is you'll have money and potential hauls on the bench every week. I think I'll go triple big at the back. I'll sit on the price rises for now. 

I think if one of those mid prices is Jota then it's worth the odd haul on the bench. His stats are obscenely good. Firmino being back means he may miss the odd game so your strong bench can help then.

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If I were wildcarding now my defence would probably be Trent, Cancelo, Rudiger, Alonso and LIvramento. 

I've got 3 options I'm toying with and this is one of them but flipping between Cancelo and Dias. 

53 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm also trying to decide between Luiz and Mbeumo and where the extra 1m could be spent (i.e. On Trent). 

Decisions, decisions. 

I'm seriously looking at Jesus instead of Antonio. For as good as Antonio has done, he's only 8pts ahead of Jesus and about to go into a pretty bad run of fixtures. Jesus OTOH is about to go into Burnley, Brighton and Palace and he seems to be as nailed as any City forward. I'll kick myself if I sit on Antonio for that period and not have any attacking City. It seems madness. I've no money tied up in him so it's easy done.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm seriously looking at Jesus instead of Antonio. For as good as Antonio has done, he's only 8pts ahead of Jesus and about to go into a pretty bad run of fixtures. Jesus OTOH is about to go into Burnley, Brighton and Palace and he seems to be as nailed as any City forward. I'll kick myself if I sit on Antonio for that period and not have any attacking City. It seems madness. I've no money tied up in him so it's easy done.

If Iheanacho starts getting more minutes then it's him for me. He's putting up great underlying numbers, but obviously a relatively small sample size.

But agree that City's fixtures coming up are very attractive

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I've got 3 options I'm toying with and this is one of them but flipping between Cancelo and Dias. 

Cancelo all day for me. Last season he was a risk because he was rotated so much. but this season he looks as nailed as they come. Far higher ceiling points wise than Dias if he continues to start

Â