Can we get a consensus now please? RE: Cahill

Joey

How is it pronounced?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How is it pronounced?

• Car-hill
    • Kay-hill

Just to avoid further conflict when he eventually starts playing in the Premiership, how are we going to pronounce his surname?

For example, we could call him "Kay-hill", as per Tim Cahill at Everton.

Or we could call him "Car-hill", as per my attractive 17-year-old friend Helen. Bearing in mind that he hails from Sheffield, meaning it will have a Yorkshire pronunciation, and Miss Cahill comes from North Yorkshire..

My vote therefore goes with Car-hill

PB that's actually the wrong way around. It drives me mad how the English call (for example) Kevin Moran - Mor Anne. The emphasis should be on the 'o' as in 'More an' instead of on the 'a'. In Ireland Cahill is pronounced Cah-hill instead of Kayhill. Usually the English have trouble with the soft 'H' surnames like how they pronounce Carragher using the 'G' (instead of ignoring it) or Haughey being pronounced "Hockey" because they can't ignore the 'G' and say "Haw hee" if you get what I mean.

PB that's actually the wrong way around. It drives me mad how the English call (for example) Kevin Moran - Mor Anne. The emphasis should be on the 'o' as in 'More an' instead of on the 'a'.

I knew it was something like that :oops:

I have always pronounced Cahill as

Cale

With an extended a if you know what I men.

Maybe Caile is a better phonetic.

Â