Jump to content

Emile Smith Rowe


Nigel
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not disputing any of that.
But my point is, why would a club even make a bid before making enquiries? 
Surely you'd enquire what would be acceptable, and then actually make a bid? Or is that just crazy thinking? 

The idea of just blindly placing a bid seems like a colossal waste of time to me. 

Because in cases like this the club who own the player are going to say he's not for sale - why would they weaken their negotiating position?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Because in cases like this the club who own the player are going to say he's not for sale - why would they weaken their negotiating position?

Well, precisely. If that did happen, and Arsenal said he's not for sale which is fine, why would anyone think £25m would be accepted? 

I mean ultimately I don't really give a shit, the whole thing is quite funny. But there's a lot about the whole thing that is confusing to me logistically. But whatever.

Hope it happens still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


36 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I find the whole thing strange. They were never going to accept that. Maybe it’s all being led by his agent to get him a better contract.

Either way, not in a million years is this happening. And I was more excited by the JWP link to be honest.

How does that work? They rejected the bid. He goes to them aston villa bid for him well they'd be the ones who know wouldn't they. If it was just interest then I'd assume yes but a bid seems a little more concrete especially since 2 reliable arsenal reporters have claimed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Not disputing any of that.
But my point is, why would a club even make a bid before making enquiries? 
Surely you'd enquire what would be acceptable, and then actually make a bid? Or is that just crazy thinking? 

The idea of just blindly placing a bid seems like a colossal waste of time to me. 

I just watched some YouTube video from the athletic, and it seems it IS WhatsApp groups 😂😂😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PieFacE said:

Well, precisely. If that did happen, and Arsenal said he's not for sale which is fine, why would anyone think £25m would be accepted? 

I mean ultimately I don't really give a shit, the whole thing is quite funny. But there's a lot about the whole thing that is confusing to me logistically. But whatever.

Hope it happens still.

The opening offer is always going to be too low tbf - I think it's somewhat of a signal to the player, agent and club that we're serious about our plans. Arsenal may well need to sell to buy given their financial state, so perhaps we were hoping for a counter-offer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


If there is any truth in that a bid has been made and rejected, then preliminaries must have been carried out.

May just be an opening shot, or a take it or leave it. But if the rumour is kocher work will have been done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe this has been answered but is he a playmaker at 10 or a box to box centre mid or is he a winger? 

He moves the ball well, a bit like Grealish. He's so young so would add real competition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)

The only thing  know, is that regardless of whether they sell him or keep him Arsenal fans will be complaining about him this time next year. Because thats what they do. Moan like entitled children.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

How does that work? They rejected the bid. He goes to them aston villa bid for him well they'd be the ones who know wouldn't they. If it was just interest then I'd assume yes but a bid seems a little more concrete especially since 2 reliable arsenal reporters have claimed it. 

I’m not saying it’s made up, I’m sure it happened. I just think his agent has probably encouraged our interest in order to get more money offered to him.

There is no way Arsenal doing business with us this summer. Not after Martinez and Buendia. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â