Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

You just know though, talk of our third and final bid will re-surface shortly for clickbait driven hits … Swiftly followed the next day with the inevitable new contract announcement lol 

• Like 2

Still find it strange that we just have 30 mill lying around to spend on an unproven talent at Arsenal.

Obviously the agent made some noises when in reality it was just to get his player a better deal.

Im just hoping that cash can now be directed elsewhere, if the scouting is right that can get us a hell of a player, especially if they can stretch to 35-40.

7 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Still find it strange that we just have 30 mill lying around to spend on an unproven talent at Arsenal.

Obviously the agent made some noises when in reality it was just to get his player a better deal.

Im just hoping that cash can now be directed elsewhere, if the scouting is right that can get us a hell of a player, especially if they can stretch to 35-40.

It always seemed likely that it was the agent giving us a bullshit line in order to create some jeopardy for Arsenal and get his client a better deal. 

Do you think we would allow ourselves to be used like the village bike ? We are the ones or do the using … We’ve played a blinder, we’ve raised our profile and sent a message to others that we are here and watch out. 

54 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Do you think we would allow ourselves to be used like the village bike ? We are the ones or do the using … We’ve played a blinder, we’ve raised our profile and sent a message to others that we are here and watch out. 

That would imply we were only bidding for publicity’s sake and leaking the negotiations to drum up our profile which I don’t believe is our style. 

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

That would imply we were only bidding for publicity’s sake and leaking the negotiations to drum up our profile which I don’t believe is our style. 

Or maybe our bid was genuine, and it didn’t work out.  But it ended up raising our profile.

Either way, it has been/is fun.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thug said:

Or maybe our bid was genuine, and it didn’t work out.  But it ended up raising our profile.

Either way, it has been/is fun.

That’s fine, the suggestion was we planned it this way. I don’t think so, it’s always looked like his agent using us but as you say it won’t have done us any harm. 

• Like 1

We probably try to sign loads of player but it doesn't work out for a whole bunch of reasons. It's just one of those things. I'm glad we're attempting to sign players such as ESR. It tells me the recruitment team have the right idea for the type of player they are looking for. 

• Like 3

Clickbait headlines as predicted about our third bid still imminent … lol 

I wasn’t very clear above, I feel like we’ve been in control throughout and will not allow ourselves to be played and used. I believe 100% we want to sign him and I’m trying to do so we’ve raised our profile… Cannot see us being strung on by an agent wanting to better deal, even if we have been it’s worked for us.. 

Edited by thabucks