Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

23 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

We should go all out and put in a bid of £80 million, really test Arsenal's resolve 

then they will come back with a counter offer of 45 million ;) 

If he hasn't signed a new contract by next week, then he's ours if we want him. Surely anyone not involved in internationals will be back training at clubs by next week at the latest. His agent has clearly been busy on his behalf while ESR has been on holiday. If he's not put pen to paper after another week fo negotiating then surely he's open to a move elsewhere.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

If he hasn't signed a new contract by next week, then he's ours if we want him. Surely anyone not involved in internationals will be back training at clubs by next week at the latest. His agent has clearly been busy on his behalf while ESR has been on holiday. If he's not put pen to paper after another week fo negotiating then surely he's open to a move elsewhere.

They would be mad to sell him to us.

Absolutely mad.

Luckily their owner doesn't give a toss about the club.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

I cant see this! 

I cant see anything other than Arsenal getting him to sign a contract at some point in the next 2 years.  Maybe his head is turned but that means little when they have such a long time to convince him.

Hes an Arsenal fan, if he gets game time he will sign. Thats what the wait will be for, not holding out for any move to us.

The only chance we have is if Arsenal decide to cash in, but i think the backlash will be too severe.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I cant see this! 

I cant see anything other than Arsenal getting him to sign a contract at some point in the next 2 years.  Maybe his head is turned but that means little when they have such a long time to convince him.

Hes an Arsenal fan, if he gets game time he will sign. Thats what the wait will be for, not holding out for any move to us.

The only chance we have is if Arsenal decide to cash in, but i think the backlash will be too severe.

If Arsenal sign the AM they're looking for, he'll struggle for game time though, won't he?

• Like 1

I think the key with ESR is that he had a fantastic season, arsenal did not, the wanna be clubs like spurs and arsenal have to buy there way in to the champions league places. Now one way or another, they need to buy big players and maybe players like ESR will not get guaranteed game time. 

If Deano sees him as our no10 and the wages are right, his agent will push for a move for him.

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

If Arsenal sign the AM they're looking for, he'll struggle for game time though, won't he?

Ha just typed out similar, great minds and all that.  But seriously I think this is our pitch to the agent. Arsenal seem like a toxic club at the moment and they might well bull**** ESR in to signing that contract and reneging on any promises of 1st team action.

Who's stevo the Villan who's on there forums, whoever this fellow Villan is who's had an account with them for 13 years your not doing a good enough job at stiring the pot with them.

Need help do you?

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

If we signed Smith Rowe it would be our biggest signing maybe since Stan Collymore.

Wouldnt even be our biggest signing this summer.. or did you sleep through the Buendia signing?

36 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yes, that could change things.

However that does rely on Arsenal actually getting a good enough player to replace him, thats not a gimme.

Edited by Nigel

There's no way that Buendia is a bigger signing than Smith Rowe, Buendia was for sale and we were the only ones that were seriously in for him and he spent last season in the championship, that's not to say I think he's a bad signing or even that I think Smith Rowe would be a better signing than Buendia, but Smith Rowe would be a bigger sign of how we're growing in stature as a club and one that would make others take notice of us more than any other signing, certainly more than Buendia, he'd probably cost a lot more as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Junxs said:

dunno, if you asked at the start of the window, you can have one of Buendia or ESR.. I'd choose Buendia all day long

thats based on better player

bigger signing isnt necessarily the same thing...taking arsenal's 2nd best youth product off them would be one hell of a signing

Buendia is a class player whos proven how good he is over the last few years, ESR might turn out to be the next Franny Jeffers for all we know.

I'd rather get the better player than a signing that just upsets a group of fans, buts thats just me - I'm more interested in what happens on the pitch than "my **** is bigger than yours" statements

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Buendia is the better player now. 

Prying Smith-Rowe out of Arsenal's hands when they don't really want to sell and it will shatter their fans is what makes it a bigger signing. 

Arsenal fan's when ESR signs for the Villa:

Shattered GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Buendia is a class player whos proven how good he is over the last few years, ESR might turn out to be the next Franny Jeffers for all we know.

I'd rather get the better player than a signing that just upsets a group of fans, buts thats just me - I'm more interested in what happens on the pitch than "my **** is bigger than yours" statements

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3