Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

14 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

That's an interesting point. if the wages Smith Rowe wants and the wages Arsenal are offering are miles apart, maybe we've caught wind of that and are willing to put ESR on the type of wages he wants with a guarantee of more football. Could put Arsenal in a bit of a difficult position. 

Pure speculation of course. 

It's a bit of a win-win really. If it means that Arsenal have to give him a massive pay rise to keep him then we've smashed a big hole in their future transfer budget even if he doesn't come to us (and maybe forced them to up the wages of other young prospects too). Could end up being very expensive for them.

• Like 1

Could be legs in this. It's not like years ago where you put in a bid, bit of too and fro and then the deal happens or doesn't. It's highly unlikely we'd of put a bid in to Arsenal for him if we had established beforehand that he had zero interest. The bid itself is almost to formalise things with most transfers these says. If 25 million is what we've decided we want to spend on that position or close to, i'd have no issue paying that for Todd Cantwell. We'd be literally tearing Norwich asunder but business is business. Can't see the Smith Rowe one get done but who knows. Some savvy people working at Villa these days that know the ins and outs of other teams players contracts.

• Like 1

Nice to be trolling other clubs for a change Arsenal fans seem really rattled by us , few Villa fans saying a they have a source from a friend of a friend who plays golf with his uncle and saying he’s a massive Villa fan, love it hahah taste of their own medicine 

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

You need to actually look at the individual stats. His dribbling is subpar. 1.5 Completed dribbles (fouled + dribbles). For instance that's about half foden and like 1/4 Jack. 

This is per 90 so the stats are slightly different. 

Screenshot_20210616_192352.jpg

We do love a midfielder with a " Weakness: Aerial duels "  stat don't we? lol

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Fabrizio pouring cold water on this one

It could actually be tactics from us, to stop another ACTUAL target/club from dithering about with us.

Who that target is, i'm not sure.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

Fabrizio pouring cold water on this one

Arsenal journos claim a deal still not anywhere near, Romano is the biggest spoofer of them all.

Saying that I'd expect ESR will sign a new deal at arsenal, but a bid must have been encouraged whether as leverage or genuine interest.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It could actually be tactics from us, to stop another ACTUAL target/club from dithering about with us.

Who that target is, i'm not sure.

This was my thinking. JWP seems an unsaleable asset for Saints, ESR seems an unsaleable asset for Arsenal and even different positions as well.  Something smells fishy and I can’t figure it out how it all fits together.  We (club) either know something or playing games with those players to force something or as you say trying to stop another club/player dithering.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Nice to be trolling other clubs for a change Arsenal fans seem really rattled by us , few Villa fans saying a they have a source from a friend of a friend who plays golf with his uncle and saying he’s a massive Villa fan, love it hahah taste of their own medicine 

Barcelona and Arsenal are both skint. Everything is uncertain at those clubs, a fact that players and agents will be very aware of. Aston Villa on the other hand aren’t skint. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I'm not saying he isn't good. Just his dribbling stats aren't that impressive. And neither are his creation stats although is final ball looks to be very good and his passing is already elite. 

He's not much of a dribbler. It's his first touch and passing that makes him so good. He's like when Jack was young. Doesn't create the final chance per se, but he's instrumental in the pass before the pass.

9 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Getting funnier by the day. Add the fact that they are now on the hunt for a goalkeeper, I’m sure they had a good one 12 months ago, and the evidence that they’re a club in a mess with no direction, plan or money is undeniable. Let’s face it we know what that looks and feels like. We should feel sorry for them. Nah 

• Haha 1

We definitely play the media these days.

My theory is our target is picked. We lodge a bid, gets rejected, we go to the press of another target, put back an offer. BOOM, DONE DEAL. 

We did it with Buendia and McNeil. 

Watkins and Wilson 

Traore and Rashica? 

Martinez and Romero.

Not sure why some seem to think the £25m is ridiculous, I wouldn't expect Arsenal to accept it, but I think it's more than a reasonable offer for a player that has two years left on his contract and has only played twenty premier league games.

Plus he turns 21 next month, so it's not as if he's a 17 or 18 year old where you're also paying for potential.

Look at some of the other players in the England U21 team and £25m is probably about what you'd expect to pay for the better ones, exceptions being Callum Hudson-Odoi and Mason Greenwood, but they've done a lot more than Smith Rowe.

• Like 1