Ashley Young

maqroll

He's played 2 games from a potential 14 this season. He needs to prove he has the desire to play football rather than sit on the bench, and when he realises he is spending his Saturday afternoons in a Recaro seat, he might move and become the player he once was.

He's got to play regularly though, and it's looking less and less likely he is going to do that up there.

Hasn't he been injured for about 4-6 weeks up until recently? It would explain why he hasn't featured much so far this season. I know he hasn't really lived up to what was expected of him at Utd so far and I seem to remember him being dropped quite a bit towards the end of last season. He was probably England's worst player at Euro 2012 too!

I'd definitely have him back here though. I couldn't see it happening and I doubt he'd fancy it either but if it somehow became a possibility then I'd welcome it.

Initially after signing for Utd he was unstoppable (for England too) but has faded away quite badly. I guess he'll get another chance at some point but as other have alluded to, I'm not sure if he has the desire.

A loan in January until the end of the season would be excellent.

No doubt he'll want to prove he can still make it in that Man Utd team and would see coming on loan to us as admitting he'd made a mistake.

He's been injured! First game back was against Chelsea, where it was his running off the ball that caused Chelsea all sorts of problems. At bigger clubs its harder for players like Young to become what they were here, they get less of the ball, at Villa we always passed him the ball, at United he can't do what he did here, as if he loses it he has Fergie to kick his ass!

He was also a focal point here. Our game plan was often 'get it to Young'. He's never going to have that at Man Utd, and that is maybe why he's not being so effective. It's the whole Big Fish, Small Pond debate..

Yeah I thought he's just been injured. Think he's doing okay for them really. Exactly what I expected of him anyway, pretty inconsistent but has moments of genius, a bit like Nani.

Not a chance in hell of us getting him back here. We need to find the next Ashley Young...

I think his game has developed quite well since going to United. He does appear to have stalled more recently, but as others have said he's also been injured. No chance of them loaning him out, or selling him while Nani's future is still uncertain.

Why would United even entertain the thought of loaning him out or selling him anyway? While he is hardly their star player, he has done well for them since he signed. He can play down either flank or through the middle, he is a goal threat and he takes a good set piece despite what some people on here seem to think.

It's unfortunate for Manchester United that he has suffered with more injuries in one year up there than he did in four years at Villa Park, but injuries have been the main thing keeping him out of the team in recent months.

Â